NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Big things in store for NELOC next season!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-11, 07:05 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ this dude and his wheel addiction lol. Puts us all to shame
Old 12-01-11, 08:46 PM
05blk300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant wait for the season to come
Old 12-01-11, 08:53 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Our past few meets we held was mostly Lexus and a few Toyota's. Not to sound like an a$$hole but we try to keep it that way. It starts to get out of hand when other car groups come. They tend to do dumb stuff like burnouts and revving their motors. Most of the people to came to the meets were pretty chill and didn't do things in that nature. I mean friends are going to invite other friends with other types of cars. But we try to keep it majority Lexus since it is a Lexus meet. Things are looking good. So everybody start working on those mods over the winter because next season will be here before you know it!!

Mike that would be awesome if you made that trip up here from GA. I kinda miss being down there with that crew and the Lexus Meets
Old 12-01-11, 09:12 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

You guys are doing a fantastic job. Can't wait to see some of the things you guys have in store for 2012. Wish I could be there to join you all, so looks like at this point I'll be home for OC. Hope to see you guys there and shutting things down.

Don't let the hype die down just because it's winter. There may not be any meets but keep it going by recruiting new members, start posting winter mod threads, post more build threads, and hangout with those close to you to build relationships. This all worked for us in the past to build the club up. Things have wavered the last few years with people moving on but the formula works. Keep it up guys.
Old 12-02-11, 12:37 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i think the rules should enforce no rice allowed, period. lol
Old 12-02-11, 01:54 PM
Maxximus
Driver

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Our past few meets we held was mostly Lexus and a few Toyota's. Not to sound like an a$$hole but we try to keep it that way. It starts to get out of hand when other car groups come. They tend to do dumb stuff like burnouts and revving their motors. Most of the people to came to the meets were pretty chill and didn't do things in that nature. I mean friends are going to invite other friends with other types of cars. But we try to keep it majority Lexus since it is a Lexus meet. Things are looking good. So everybody start working on those mods over the winter because next season will be here before you know it!!

Mike that would be awesome if you made that trip up here from GA. I kinda miss being down there with that crew and the Lexus Meets
summer time = Jag time tho
Old 12-02-11, 07:02 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I commend all you guys for everything you are doing.
NELOC badly needed a reviver
Old 12-02-11, 07:04 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
Don't let the hype die down just because it's winter. There may not be any meets but keep it going by recruiting new members, start posting winter mod threads, post more build threads, and hangout with those close to you to build relationships. This all worked for us in the past to build the club up. Things have wavered the last few years with people moving on but the formula works. Keep it up guys.
Well said
Old 12-02-11, 07:37 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You guys are doing a fantastic job. Can't wait to see some of the things you guys have in store for 2012. Wish I could be there to join you all, so looks like at this point I'll be home for OC. Hope to see you guys there and shutting things down.

I agree. For the most part the NJ guys we meet at least once a week and grab something to eat. Im always recruiting new members as well. I was thinking about getting like business cards and every modded Lexus I see, just stick it on their windshield to check out NELOC. Lately ive been seeing alot of modded Lexus's in my area which is pretty weird haha.
Old 12-02-11, 09:41 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

I agree. For the most part the NJ guys we meet at least once a week and grab something to eat. Im always recruiting new members as well. I was thinking about getting like business cards and every modded Lexus I see, just stick it on their windshield to check out NELOC. Lately ive been seeing alot of modded Lexus's in my area which is pretty weird haha.
That's what most of MA folks been doing past few years..and also introduce to NELOC forum.
Old 12-03-11, 03:45 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

all parts have been orderd =) ....... no teasers sorry =)
Old 12-03-11, 09:43 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Let me know what are the really big events..would love to support NELOC and I might drive up from ATL!!

Mike
sounds like a good idea to me mike! would like to meet u at one of the events

Originally Posted by tropepef
Sounds like a pretty awesome season...
sure trying to make it that way

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I'm down if it's a "Neloc/Lexus" meet. The problem is people invite friends from social media sites, and all of the sudden two dozen hellaflush integras and 240's start revving at each other. Not that I went to a lot of events last year, but they quickly got out of hand which ruined the fun for everyone.

I don't mind the VW and STI guys. They just show up with starbucks cups and show off their new ipads lol
let's definitely keep these meets exclusive. no point in calling it a "NELOC meet" if all these other cars start showing up

Originally Posted by cherplex
I hope to make a couple events. Work travel is crazy for me and I'm always up in the air it seems, hopefully next year isn't too busy.
i hope so too man. if u can make it, by all means, please do!

Originally Posted by sojah
i hope i can make the delaware beach meet cuz that is over my b-day weekend so it would be a nice gift to chill out at the beach with my favorite car buds... BTW got some new wheels in the mail as we speak so hopefully i'll have that going for the next years season.
what better way to celebrate a birthday than with your car buddies?

Originally Posted by 05blk300
Cant wait for the season to come
same here!

thanks leroy. i just hope all things go as planned and that a good amount of people can actually make it out to most of these. i agree with the winter mod threads and such, but just know that this guy won't have one (broke as a joke ). a few of us in the immediate area do try to hang out every now and then even if it's a last minute meet at the rutgers grease trucks on a sunday night haha. the hard work continues...

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
i think the rules should enforce no rice allowed, period. lol
looks like we have to keep tj out then!

Originally Posted by lowKut
I commend all you guys for everything you are doing.
NELOC badly needed a reviver
thanks mark! hope to see u at the meets

i really want to get the business card idea rolling, but i can never get around to do it. hopefully i can get off my lazy *** and get them made soon
Old 12-04-11, 05:59 PM
KiyomiF
Driver

I'd pay out for the business cards. Jimmy, if you do get them I can get them out down here.
Old 12-04-11, 07:34 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ill buy a majority of the business cards. as long as i get a bunch lmaooo. So, we have stickers, t-shirts, mechanic shirts, what about winter hats, pens, etc. Just a thought. And I can work on the other project we spoke about.
Old 12-04-11, 09:11 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ReeM
Ill buy a majority of the business cards. as long as i get a bunch lmaooo. So, we have stickers, t-shirts, mechanic shirts, what about winter hats, pens, etc. Just a thought. And I can work on the other project we spoke about.
Originally Posted by KiyomiF
I'd pay out for the business cards. Jimmy, if you do get them I can get them out down here.
I just ordered 500 cards from Vistaprint to split among several of us. Hope u like them (as basic as the design may be) Meg, I can always mail a stack of the business cards to u, unless u want to make some with your own layout? Kareem, all those other accessories sound awesome, but also would be a bit of overkill LOL. That "other" project we discussed would be nice, but I'm sure it might be a while before it's fully functional. If u can handle it, go for it sir! Also, I plan on making another run of mechanic shirts for those interested. Please let me know. Nice to see all the help from u guys!

Last edited by phatjay; 12-04-11 at 11:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Big things in store for NELOC next season!