NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Big things in store for NELOC next season!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-11, 03:25 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big things in store for NELOC next season!

Hey everyone! It may "only" be the end of November, but we all know how fast time flies. With that being said, I would like to announce that TJ (tjmhillz) and I have stepped up to the plate as the new leaders to keep the club active and growing, including organizing events for next season and trying to get more members to join. Ryan (BernieIS) has been extremely busy lately (although in the process of planning for the OC Car Show and Springfest) and I'm sure the OG's do lurk in the forum every now and then, but they have mostly moved on with their busy schedules. I recently spoke with Leroy and Ryan about the current plans being put forward and they are all for it. I hope everyone is too. I included a rough list of the current events that we thought of so far. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to post! Let's go NELOC!

-Jimmy

New Jersey

Sunday, April 15?: Street Wars 8, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey - Pomona, NJ

Saturday, May 19: Meet/BBQ, Roosevelt Park - Edison, NJ

Virginia

Saturday, June 23: Meet/BBQ, Occoquan Regional Park - Occoquan, VA *Picnic Gazebo #2 RESERVED for all day use - Thanks Meg!* http://www.nvrpa.org/uploads/Files/c...ccoquanmap.pdf

Delaware

Friday-Sunday, July 20-22: Mid-Summer Hangout Weekend - Rehoboth Beach, DE *Will get in contact with Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach soon to inquire about possible group rates or we can always go with Priceline's Name Your Own Price to save a ton of money and most likely be split up among different hotels in the area* http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...de/hoteldetail

New York

Saturday, August 18: Meet/BBQ, Valley Stream State Park - Valley Stream, NY???

Pennsylvania

Date TBA: Hot Import Nights, Philadelphia Expo Center - Philadelphia, PA

Last edited by phatjay; 12-02-11 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-30-11, 04:12 PM
Maxximus
Driver

need another Garden state mall meet, minus the 110 degree weather.
Old 11-30-11, 06:43 PM
KiyomiF
Driver

Thanks for doing this guys. Josh had mentioned Occoquan Park for NOVA area. We can put that in for the VA spot and I can contact them about it this week. Let me know. Jimmy, I don't know if you are doing it in order by date, but if you are you may want to switch NY and MD. Other than the meets Ryan is working on, we should do a beach meet DE one weekend.
Old 12-01-11, 12:35 AM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Maxximus
need another Garden state mall meet, minus the 110 degree weather.
Haha, that meet was epic...HEATWISE! We're having 2 gatherings for Jersey in May so far as listed above. Look forward to seeing u then!

Originally Posted by KiyomiF
Thanks for doing this guys. Josh had mentioned Occoquan Park for NOVA area. We can put that in for the VA spot and I can contact them about it this week. Let me know. Jimmy, I don't know if you are doing it in order by date, but if you are you may want to switch NY and MD. Other than the meets Ryan is working on, we should do a beach meet DE one weekend.
You're very welcome Meg! Sometimes, u just gotta do what u gotta do, right? Occoquan Park actually looks like a pretty good spot. Please let me know the details as soon as u get in contact with them. Looking at the map of the park, I'm guessing we'd rent Gazebo 2 since it's right next to the parking lot? As far as the date order posted, it just happened to be sorted that way, but I did adjust it to be more organized. I also replaced MD with DE (since that would keep it at an even 2 northern and 2 southern locations) and switched some dates around as well to have a more balanced travel agenda for everyone. A DE beach meet does sound like a great idea! How does Rehoboth Beach in July sound?!
Old 12-01-11, 04:16 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

We have a reservation on June 23 for NELOC Meet/BBQ at Occoquan Park!!! I reserved Gazebo #2 and we have it all day. Hopefully we won't need to change it, but if we need to it's not a big deal.
Old 12-01-11, 04:28 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

Hell yes to Rehoboth! This is going to be insane.
Old 12-01-11, 09:06 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

no cedar beach?
Old 12-01-11, 09:51 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

We have a reservation on June 23 for NELOC Meet/BBQ at Occoquan Park!!! I reserved Gazebo #2 and we have it all day. Hopefully we won't need to change it, but if we need to it's not a big deal.
That was our BBQ/Meet spot past few years but then ricers ruined it this year. they ended up kick out by park police and I'm not sure if we can have a meet there next year. maybe find a new location?
Old 12-01-11, 10:34 AM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Now THIS is what I call teamwork! I would hope that having these dates picked already would give everyone more than enough time to request off from work and whatnot.

Hell yes to Rehoboth! This is going to be insane.
Agreed! I already started looking into hotels and whatnot for that weekend. A bit pricey being that it's smackdab in the middle of summer, but maybe we can ask about group rates to save a bit? I will look into it of course.

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
no cedar beach?
Teo, the main reason for planning another Cedar Beach meet was because Tyson is out there. Since he's getting rid of/parting out his IS now, we decided that it wouldn't be practical to have us all go out there.

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
That was our BBQ/Meet spot past few years but then ricers ruined it this year. they ended up kick out by park police and I'm not sure if we can have a meet there next year. maybe find a new location?
Jae, I'm sure we'll be fine. We rock Lexus badges on our cars, not Honda ones I think we can leave the Occoquan plan as is.
Old 12-01-11, 10:51 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me know what are the really big events..would love to support NELOC and I might drive up from ATL!!

Mike
Old 12-01-11, 10:54 AM
1100HP
Driver

Sounds like a pretty awesome season...
Old 12-01-11, 10:54 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Let me know what are the really big events..would love to support NELOC and I might drive up from ATL!!

Mike
We will definitely keep you informed, Mike. We would love for you to make it out next season. Thanks for the support
Old 12-01-11, 01:04 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phatjay
Jae, I'm sure we'll be fine. We rock Lexus badges on our cars, not Honda ones I think we can leave the Occoquan plan as is.
I'm down if it's a "Neloc/Lexus" meet. The problem is people invite friends from social media sites, and all of the sudden two dozen hellaflush integras and 240's start revving at each other. Not that I went to a lot of events last year, but they quickly got out of hand which ruined the fun for everyone.

I don't mind the VW and STI guys. They just show up with starbucks cups and show off their new ipads lol
Old 12-01-11, 01:27 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I hope to make a couple events. Work travel is crazy for me and I'm always up in the air it seems, hopefully next year isn't too busy.
Old 12-01-11, 02:18 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hope i can make the delaware beach meet cuz that is over my b-day weekend so it would be a nice gift to chill out at the beach with my favorite car buds... BTW got some new wheels in the mail as we speak so hopefully i'll have that going for the next years season.

Quick Reply: Big things in store for NELOC next season!