NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

2012 NELOC Event Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-12, 09:11 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m4gicm4tt
I see, that does sound fun and not too far. I was looking forward to Occoquan since it would be my first meet that I could really attend and looked like a great venue to introduce myself.

Maybe the will be another NELOC event that gets cooked up here soon for the NoVa crowd. I would love to start up meet at Fairfax, Corner for a happy hour or something.

My friend, has a scion TC, said he attended a meet at the kingstowne parking lot (Every Monday I recall) and it grew to be like 60 people or so. He said that there were 3 or so IS's and some ISF's that would show up. Were any of you guys a part of that? Sadly he told me police disbanded it due to some honda guy doing burnouts.

I wonder if there is any interest in getting something like that starting up?
yea we used to go there but not anymore cuz it's getto. but we go to fairfax corner almost every night and hangout
Old 05-23-12, 02:47 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Woah, Occoquan is canceled? Will there be a replacement event? I was looking forward to this, as it is about a 10 min drive from my house!
Originally Posted by Seven0Tree
shame to see the Occoquan meet cancelled, it's always a good time
Due to unforeseen circumstances of a fellow "member," the BBQ is unfortunately canceled.

I see, that does sound fun and not too far. I was looking forward to Occoquan since it would be my first meet that I could really attend and looked like a great venue to introduce myself.

Maybe the will be another NELOC event that gets cooked up here soon for the NoVa crowd. I would love to start up meet at Fairfax, Corner for a happy hour or something.

My friend, has a scion TC, said he attended a meet at the kingstowne parking lot (Every Monday I recall) and it grew to be like 60 people or so. He said that there were 3 or so IS's and some ISF's that would show up. Were any of you guys a part of that? Sadly he told me police disbanded it due to some honda guy doing burnouts.

I wonder if there is any interest in getting something like that starting up?
I say go for the Fairfax meet idea! We are diligently trying to revive NELOC and the only way that can happen is if we get ideas and help from everyone! It's especially hard to band both the tristate and DMV area members together due to the distance between us, but setting up local meets in both areas is a good jumpstart. Depending on how things turn out, I'm hoping that both sides will be willing to attend each other's meets in the future and combine forces to bring the club to what it once was
Old 05-24-12, 07:08 AM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im hoping that everybody from the South(maryland and VA) and North(NJ, NY, Pa, CT) can attend the DE meet coming up In July. I think that meet will be a good one since we can all get to know each other plus we will have a good time.
Old 05-24-12, 06:59 PM
Joselit0
Driver School Candidate

I definitely plan to attend the HIN in Philadelphia, and maybe some of the other closer meets. My GS is nowhere near show level, but I'm definitely pumped to meet some of you and admire your cars a bit lol
Old 05-30-12, 07:24 PM
fd2jz
Rookie

jimmy dont forget to update the HIN event! so pissedddd about it! >=/
Old 06-19-12, 07:39 PM
Derrick42
Pole Position

Is there no show in August in ocean city this yr...?
Old 07-06-12, 07:25 AM
c4ptslo
Driver School Candidate

So are pretty much all the events over for this summer? I was really hoping to meet some of you guys haha
Old 07-06-12, 02:13 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by c4ptslo
So are pretty much all the events over for this summer? I was really hoping to meet some of you guys haha
I really wish it didn't have to be put that way, but that's the direction this season seems to be going towards. With events having to be canceled left and right and nowhere near enough members showing interest/enthusiasm, it's a little discouraging and a shame really. There may be a end of season BBQ in the works, but I'll keep the board updated. Perhaps next season will be a lot better with quite a few changes made.
Old 07-06-12, 04:17 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

there is some shows left. Wekfest in August, fresh meet next week and the end of season bbq. i think we should start planning for the end of season bbq before school starts again.
Old 02-02-13, 10:18 AM
iDJXplode
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phatjay
New Jersey

Sunday, April 22: 3rd Annual (ModifiedNJ) Sandy Hook Meet, Sandy Hook Beach - Fort Hancock, NJ

Saturday, April 28: Meet/BBQ, Roosevelt Park - Edison, NJ
***Grove 2C RESERVED for all day use - Thanks Bernard!***

Virginia

Saturday, May 12: Springfest 2012, Virginia Beach Sportsplex - Virginia Beach, VA

Saturday, June 23: Meet/BBQ, Occoquan Regional Park - Lorton, VA
***Picnic Gazebo #2 RESERVED for all day use - Thanks Meg!***
CANCELED DUE TO LACK OF COMMUNICATION

New York

TBA

Delaware

Friday-Sunday, July 20-22: Mid-Summer Hangout Weekend - Rehoboth Beach, DE

Pennsylvania

Saturday, June 30: Hot Import Nights, Philadelphia Expo Center - Philadelphia, PA
CANCELED ACCORDING TO HOTIMPORTNIGHTS.COM
Planning to have an alternate event in its place. Stay tuned folks...

Maryland

Saturday-Sunday, June 9-10: OC Car and Truck Show, Ocean City Convention Center - Ocean City, Maryland

Quick question on both dates: can you find out if we can have a DJ SETUP? lol...

Sunday, April 22: 3rd Annual (ModifiedNJ) Sandy Hook Meet, Sandy Hook Beach - Fort Hancock, NJ

Saturday, April 28: Meet/BBQ, Roosevelt Park - Edison, NJ
***Grove 2C RESERVED for all day use - Thanks Bernard!***

are we doing any shows this year?