NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

I just can't get over this!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-12, 04:16 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I just can't get over this!

Over the years I have been racing and showing my personal cars. Many of you remember them and some may not. NELOC may have been what got me into this addiction the most. I have had the privlege to work for Lexus for almost 8 years and build 2 Lexus based show cars. Not a Lexus but the Supra was still my favorite. Haha

I remember back when all the Import shows were around, forums meets and regular weekday gatherings. One month back in the day I remember counting 8 events. Lucky for 2 a month these days. One year at HIN we had a nice group of cars that won best team. Like 8 Supra, 6 skylines ans 6 misc well done cars. That team fell apart after 2 years if I remember correctly. My point is they ran out of room in 2 buildings with cars parked on top of each other.

I'm so sad about it that I sold my Supra and don't even know if the AMG will get any aftermarket love. Driving hours to see 15 well done cars is just not worth it anymore. Maybe I'm a buzz kill but doesn't anybody else get upset about this? 2010 was my last active year in the scene. I took off 2011 because the lack of events and quality cars just didn't exist anymore.

Many people are still trying to keep this scene alive but it just seems at it's weakest point. These people get my full respect but where did it all go?
Old 01-16-12, 06:36 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

I feel the same way Brad. That's exactly why TJ and I are trying so hard to hold so many events this year as new leadership. Just in 2009, I attended my first official NELOC meet at Carlisle and the crowd was still so strong. Here we are in 2012 and it seems like there's been a ton of change. It's gonna be a rough road ahead, but I'm confident that NELOC (not too concerned about the rest of the car scene) will make a successful comeback with the new generation of members and of course the OG's that are still around.
Old 01-16-12, 07:25 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see what your saying and I don't. As far as NELOC the events have died down some over the years but still the group has a strong base. As far as the car scene in the DMV I can't agree. In 2011 there were tons of shows, meets, car washes and BBQ's all up and down the mid-atlantic with some very nice built cars. Not to mention several other events in NJ, NY and NC if you dont mind traveling a little bit. 2011 was one of my fav car show seasons to date.

Either way loved your Supra man and congrats on the AMG.

Last edited by Chancellor; 01-16-12 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-16-12, 07:29 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

I think the economy might take some toll of this. Back then, economy was great and it was kinda of the peak of modding cars thanks to the Fast and furious. As time goes by, it dies down like all things, but some of us decide to stay in the game which is called dedication.
Old 01-17-12, 04:48 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phatjay
I feel the same way Brad. That's exactly why TJ and I are trying so hard to hold so many events this year as new leadership. Just in 2009, I attended my first official NELOC meet at Carlisle and the crowd was still so strong. Here we are in 2012 and it seems like there's been a ton of change. It's gonna be a rough road ahead, but I'm confident that NELOC (not too concerned about the rest of the car scene) will make a successful comeback with the new generation of members and of course the OG's that are still around.
You got my full support.

Originally Posted by Chancellor
I see what your saying and I don't. As far as NELOC the events have died down some over the years but still the group has a strong base. As far as the car scene in the DMV I can't agree. In 2011 there were tons of shows, meets, car washes and BBQ's all up and down the mid-atlantic with some very nice built cars. Not to mention several other events in NJ, NY and NC if you dont mind traveling a little bit. 2011 was one of my fav car show seasons to date.

Either way loved your Supra man and congrats on the AMG.
Thanks Bro! Maybe it's the DMV that is slacking. When I check event coverage they seem smaller than ever. Even the out of area events. Hum maybe allot of people like me need a push to come back strong. 05-09 was always big turnouts. UM meets and FCF show may be all there was after that.

Originally Posted by horent135
I think the economy might take some toll of this. Back then, economy was great and it was kinda of the peak of modding cars thanks to the Fast and furious. As time goes by, it dies down like all things, but some of us decide to stay in the game which is called dedication.
If this was Facebook I'd Like this^
Old 01-17-12, 10:15 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally i am blaming facebook... i made it to like 4-5 meets purely by accident within the last year which were not documented on neloc at all... most of these meets were not neloc sponsored but there were still a bunch of neloc'ers there and if not for just a casual word of mouth or being at the right car shop at the right time and hearing about these meets i would have never made it.

basically i don't get on facebook ever and would like to request that people please put up info on meets on neloc,, even if its last minute i still check neloc just about every single day,,, but it is getting pretty quiet on here at times.
Old 01-17-12, 10:30 AM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saying this not to insult anyone or anything. not sure how to ask as well, but what do you guys get/accomplish by building a car going to car shows/meet etc? i dont go to alot of car shows (hin, etc) but a good amount of it is the same cars from show to show. so to me (at least) its the same stuff over and over. i guess in a way, pretty much everything is like that, drag, drift, race,shows, etc.

dont think i can or have the time to take my car around the city/state etc. props to those who are.
Old 01-17-12, 12:55 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartune
saying this not to insult anyone or anything. not sure how to ask as well, but what do you guys get/accomplish by building a car going to car shows/meet etc? i dont go to alot of car shows (hin, etc) but a good amount of it is the same cars from show to show. so to me (at least) its the same stuff over and over. i guess in a way, pretty much everything is like that, drag, drift, race,shows, etc.

dont think i can or have the time to take my car around the city/state etc. props to those who are.
I completely understand what you mean about your statement. I for one used to think that way. The more I started hanging out with the usual crowd the more I became aware what NELOC meant. Its not about the cars, car shows, meets, bbq, etc... its about the people. These events just gives us a chance to build a unity or relationship among the other members who share a common thing, loyalty to a brand or just car enthusiasts.

I don't normally hangout late but since I started hanging out with that Triad Boss, Jimmy Chan. I end up finding myself at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts every week, hanging with strangers till 2am in the morning. lol see u around. they ain't strangers anymore though.

we go to the shows to rep the name NELOC which represents the people of the Northeast who happens to just own a Lexus. This is my opinion but if any disagrees, feel free to input.

PS I'm pretty sure you can find some of this in the heritage thread.
Old 01-17-12, 01:48 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Brad, long time no talk! This is JP hope you remember me.

I totally agree with you, after the great HIN show we had couple years back, meets have been going downhill to a point where most people have stopped coming out to meets(including myself). Due to this reason along with financial problems I had sold all my toy cars and been totally out of the scene. I am now trying to get back in, and it's just not the same as it used to me you know what I mean? Maybe one of us should set up a meeting on a regular basis and hopefully one day it will be like the old times.

I didn't know you sold your supra..... Don't you regret it? I know I do.
Old 01-17-12, 05:00 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by suprandsc
Hey Brad, long time no talk! This is JP hope you remember me.

I totally agree with you, after the great HIN show we had couple years back, meets have been going downhill to a point where most people have stopped coming out to meets(including myself). Due to this reason along with financial problems I had sold all my toy cars and been totally out of the scene. I am now trying to get back in, and it's just not the same as it used to me you know what I mean? Maybe one of us should set up a meeting on a regular basis and hopefully one day it will be like the old times.

I didn't know you sold your supra..... Don't you regret it? I know I do.
It has been a while. Haha hope your well man. It was some good times. My post was not only NELOC but the scene itself. Just no big time support for big shows. I must give Val credit. He has held many meets and deserves it. Maybe 7 or so last year I think.
Old 01-18-12, 10:48 AM
khrisxyu
Rookie

Hey guys,

I just spoke to the owner of SIKKY Manufacturing and he has authorized us to do a biweekly or a monthly meet at their facilities just outside of baltimore, md.

As well as shows are concerned, I have been trying to lift up the scene with meets and shows the past few years.

NELOC Leadership, shoot me a pm if you want to have a strategic meeting as far as shows/meets. I have also spoken to Lexus of Towson and Prestige to hold meets at their locations.

KHRIS U.