NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Anyone in NoVa area want to assist with Fuel pump and ECU Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-12, 06:06 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone in NoVa area want to assist with Fuel pump and ECU Mod

Sup everyone, I have a '95 Manual SC that's been sitting in my driveway for about two weeks. It's a long story, but the short version is that the car starts, but the engine cuts out after driving for a few miles. The car has no codes in the ECU. Before I spend $350-$450 on towing and dealership diagnostics, I wanted to see if someone with 2JZGE experience can stop by and help me out this weekend. I'm planning on replacing a fuel pump and fuel filter that my father bought me, and attempt the 12v fuel pump ecu mod. It might help to have someone with experience help me out. Let me know if you have about an hour or so. I can make it worth your while with lunch, dinner, or drinks. I also have several SC parts laying around that I can probably barter for. I know off hand that I have a roof spoiler and wise lip collecting dust in my garage, along with several mechanical parts. Give me a shout if you can lend a hand so I can finally rep a few Neloc shows this year.

Thanks,
Tabaka
Old 02-22-12, 09:32 PM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll read and re-read. If I find this something I can learn and apply I'll drive up and give you a hand just to see you back on the road.
Old 02-23-12, 09:24 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Thanks bud, think I'm on my own though. Shouldn't be too difficult considering the fuel pump is located on top of the cell, and there is a great DIY about the fuel pump relay. I'll have to search around for the fuel filter though.
Old 02-24-12, 12:11 AM
bubba703
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel filter isnt too hard. I just replaced mine a couple of months ago... I see your in dale city, im right around the corner from you in woodbridge
Old 02-24-12, 07:11 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

when you do the filter please make sure and dont make the same mistake i did, take some wise grips and pinch the feed line from the tank under the car if you dont you will have fuel gushing all over you while you trying to screw the fitting on the filter. I must of lost 1/4 gallon on the ground by the time i realized this fuel wont stop gushing out. Most cars when you remove fuel filter in line like that the fuel comes out of lines and filter and thats it not the case with sc.
Old 02-24-12, 07:54 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the note, I read a few DIY's last night so I'll make sure to have my grips ready.
Old 02-24-12, 04:20 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So are you doing this tmr?