MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow nazzi police editing post and deleting too
Old 05-03-12, 01:48 PM
mattjames
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there with the sti and the IS, it was nice seeing the club lexus fam there. Event was on point IMO, probably wouldnt hurt to get a different venue next year with good access roads not near major highways. Otherwise it was good times.
Old 05-03-12, 05:02 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok guys enough is enough. Its over and done with. No need to keep dragging this out. Yea some of the southern members didn't make it to the BBQ. Some did and we still had a good time. Lets move on from this and lets worry about the next big upcoming meet. Thanks

TJ
Old 05-03-12, 05:52 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Imnutz4jdm
camelflage... ur a fail for stating 8hr drive from va to nj ... its 4 ... and we mad the drive from the tri state down to baltimore ... omg wat a long drive ... dude i m from CT n i was there ... u do things for ur fam n the part of that fam that doesnt respect it .. why should we give them any love ... u gotta earn things in life nothing is handed out on a silver platter GOOD DAY!
Chill out bro
Old 05-03-12, 06:01 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by camelflage
it's not that it wasnt appreciated, its that not a lot of the nova NELOC people have ever been fans of driving 8+ hours for anything... then you add a show the next day we've been going to for 4 or 5 years, just didn't work out. i dont see why there has to be so much hate in the "family" right now..
Josh, I would say there's no hate, but just disappointment really. No one's expecting anyone to drive 8+ hours in a day to attend one event. That's why there's always the option of spending the night or coming the day before. For Springfest, one other member and myself are making a 7+ hour drive down from NJ at the crack of dawn Friday morning so we won't have to drive through the middle of the night to get to the show on time on Saturday and also to spend some quality time with the NELOC family over the weekend before heading back late Sunday afternoon. In this case, the majority of the northern members are busy with family, work, and military responsibilities, which doesn't allow them to come even though they all really wanted to. We just hope you guys down south can see the effort being made and maybe think to return the love that we're giving. Yes? Aside from that, I'm looking to move forward from this point and have everyone on the same page to enjoy the season to the fullest. We have several other events to be concerned about and there's no need to continue dwelling on this one.
Old 05-03-12, 06:32 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I have been on each side of just about every arguement that has been presented in this thread and some that have not. I have been in your shoes Jimmy and TJ. You guys have been setting up meets for several months and are frustrated over the lack of attendance for a weekend when the largest event in the east side of the country is happening. I went through lack of attendance for two and a half season when our members were getting hit with accidents, repossessions, growing up, relocations, and lack of interest while setting up as many as 15 to 20 events per season involving three groups of car people and working with promoters from the venues and representatives from other car groups and had to explain to them why there was a lack of people. There was a ton more time put into my efforts than you guys have put in so far. As for driving at length, that is the only way I can attend any event. All drives for me are a minimum of 6 hours one direction. If the events are worth it the people will attend but it is crucial to make sure the schedule works for everyone and that is accomplished by scheduling the shows first and listing them in the events calendar or thread and from there scheduling meets and BBQs second because the shows we are guests and attendees we are not the organizers in most cases and we are not the only group there. In addition to this we as a group from the southern states have dealt with a lack of involvement from PA, NJ, NY, CT, etc for years. There have only been a select few that have been involved from your area and they are no longer active or have moved on to form Liberty VIP. We would always try to involve the northern states and we used to get responses like, "I have never even been across the river" or when Leroy, Tony, and myself drove to NY for a meet, "You drove all the way from MD". I have seen just about every reason why NY people could not attend events or would not be involved. You and TJ have done a good job getting the NY and NJ people involved and coming out but the majority of all your stuff posted in facebook revolves around events that the people in southern states cant attend because of lack of notice. If you need help with any aspect of NELOC then ask. That goes for every new person. You guys keep talking FAMILY, some of the ways things have been presented have driven people away and caused some issues.

I will help you with whatever you need, Camel I am sure will answer any questions, Tony and Leroy are always available too. There is no reason that you cannot get an answer or some advice.
Old 05-03-12, 06:53 PM
4mula_J87
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our moderators are pretty solid, If u need help. Tony's and tjm helped me tremendously organizing a meet in AA county, md. And Ryan helped me over the phone on a weekend more than a year ago, when I was as active as I am now. As for southern members not showing up; I'm in the mix of starting an independent shuttle service in September and I would have no problem bridging that gap.
Old 05-03-12, 06:54 PM
4mula_J87
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BernieIs= Ryan that helped me over the phone
Old 05-03-12, 06:58 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Ryan.. All the events we went to and mentioned on FB are the same ones in the sticky that has been posted since December. So everybody had plenty of time to figure out things. Also some of the pics we posted on Fb are just random meets with a few of us locals getting together.

TJ
Old 05-03-12, 08:12 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MDSC
Also don't tell people they have to attend a number of meets before they get a sticker. They come out to one meet , like I did last year to springfest and ryan thanked me for coming out and gave me stickers for both of our cars. Please don't tell me it's not good advertisement when I'm rocking neloc on my
Car. Yes I've been to one meet, you say I don't deserve these stripes blah blah blah. I show up to shows and bigger events when I have time, if you don't think I deserve to be a part of the FAMILY I can take it off my car. I'm sure a more mature club like xclusiv or ISo would love me to rep for them
"All prospective members must attend a minimum of three (3) NELOC functions. This includes official meets, impromptu meets, get togethers, happy hours, or just hanging out. If you have already attended three (3) NELOC meets and would like to join, please have an established NELOC member(s) vouch for your attendance at the those meets."

That was a rule along time ago.. If you dont believe me you can read the thread listed below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...oc-member.html
Old 05-03-12, 08:30 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
"All prospective members must attend a minimum of three (3) NELOC functions. This includes official meets, impromptu meets, get togethers, happy hours, or just hanging out. If you have already attended three (3) NELOC meets and would like to join, please have an established NELOC member(s) vouch for your attendance at the those meets."

That was a rule along time ago.. If you dont believe me you can read the thread listed below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...oc-member.html
its ok i'll pass have a great day! haha
Old 05-03-12, 08:39 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

There certainly are rules that have been put in place to prevent certain issues from arising and the rule regarding stickers and how they are to be aquired is one of them. In MDSCs case he had been on the forum of CL for a long time something that alot of people at the time the rule was established were not doing. That rule was put in place to prevent people from asking for stickers and not ever contributing to the forum, the group or helping other members with their knowledge of their car/cars. At the time MDSC received his sticker he was actually around for over a year and was at a meet, a bar session as a result of the meet and Springfest 2. In addition to him traveling to VA beach at the request of myself with no real idea how the event would turn out NELOC was sponsoring the event, it was more important for the group as a whole to represent the group rather than worry about the rule regarding stickers at that time. In addition, at the time I was the only one in the NELOC group making large efforts to keep the group alive and trying to grow the group.
Old 05-03-12, 08:41 PM
fd2jz
Rookie

Originally Posted by MDSC
its ok i'll pass have a great day! haha
hope you have a GREAT day too
Old 05-03-12, 08:57 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fd2jz
dousche comments for telling the truth? sorry for being real. I'm stating real facts made by the tradition of the original leaders of the group. you bashing on their rules shows the little to no respect you have for tradition.
the rules have been stated from the beginning so instead of criticizing everything that was made prior to you or myself from joining NELOC just follow them.. I choose to follow rules, not make my own or find a way around it. I respect NELOC and what it represents for myself and others in the community.
You post count contradicts your respect for the rules
Old 05-03-12, 09:00 PM
fd2jz
Rookie

Originally Posted by BernieIS
You post count contradicts your respect for the rules
oh please continue on how irrelevant my respect is..

Quick Reply: College Park Tuning Meet