NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

College Park Tuning Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-12, 06:55 AM
1sweetGS
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, this is out of control. The amount of meets you go to should not determine if you are a part of the club or not. It's sad the MDSC won't be representing NELOC this year over this petty BS.

Soon there won't be a NELOC, and the Lexus owners which could really help represent this club will be with other clubs that show more respect than what is happening here now.
Old 05-04-12, 09:06 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys are fools and the reaction you guys have to people showing or not showing up is insane. I saw a lot of people from NELOC on Sunday and I was happy to see them.

Let it be.

Originally Posted by phatjay
Chris, there's no "whoops" when I knew that the CPT meet was being held that same weekend. I made it a point to change the date of the BBQ to late April in the hopes of having more southern members come up to the ONE and only NJ meet we're having this season. When I saw that Springfest would've been the weekend right after the original BBQ date, I thought I'd do the south a favor and change the schedule (just so happened that the CPT meet was scheduled for the same). As we can see, that clearly wasn't appreciated enough.
and jimmy (since quoting your post wasn't enough to know I was talking to you)... my whoops comment had to do with something stupid that I did when I was parking. You weren't there. Relax my dude.
Old 05-04-12, 09:07 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Alright guys, Enough let's stop the back and forth please. We are all here to have fun and help each other out. Please let's move on from this one.

So what's next?
Old 05-04-12, 09:14 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
You guys are fools and the reaction you guys have to people showing or not showing up is insane. I saw a lot of people from NELOC on Sunday and I was happy to see them.

Let it be.

and jimmy (since quoting your post wasn't enough to know I was talking to you)... my whoops comment had to do with something stupid that I did when I was parking. You weren't there. Relax my dude.
sucks dude i heard what happened but when i walked around the car i didnt really notice much...car looks
Old 05-04-12, 10:50 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MDSC
sucks dude i heard what happened but when i walked around the car i didnt really notice much...car looks
Thanks - when it first happened it looked really bad. Luckily it was a warm sunny day and the car had been getting beat on by the sun the whole drive - the metal and paint were quite hot so the use of an umbrella and some microfiber towels was able to pull the fender somewhat straight (and no cracked paint). The black paint helped to hide the nice crease i put into the fender. Going to work on it by hand this weekend and hope to get the fender edge a bit straighter. I'll have it re-worked at the body shop when it won't be at such a rushed pace. I have no time as it is.
Old 05-04-12, 11:53 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieIS
There certainly are rules that have been put in place to prevent certain issues from arising and the rule regarding stickers and how they are to be aquired is one of them. In MDSCs case he had been on the forum of CL for a long time something that alot of people at the time the rule was established were not doing. That rule was put in place to prevent people from asking for stickers and not ever contributing to the forum, the group or helping other members with their knowledge of their car/cars. At the time MDSC received his sticker he was actually around for over a year and was at a meet, a bar session as a result of the meet and Springfest 2. In addition to him traveling to VA beach at the request of myself with no real idea how the event would turn out NELOC was sponsoring the event, it was more important for the group as a whole to represent the group rather than worry about the rule regarding stickers at that time. In addition, at the time I was the only one in the NELOC group making large efforts to keep the group alive and trying to grow the group.
i dont argee with the bolded part ryan. =P

but anyways ive finally caught up on all this drama and WTF!!! this is what NELOC has turned into?

MDSC got his stickers out of order so what? he was vouched by Ryan and I will without a doubt vouche for him also. Yes he got his stickers at the first meeting he attended but went to several others afterwards and represented Neloc. In less than a year his car has made a tremendous change an has represented Neloc well. No only in the presence of his car but his contributions to this forum and to people personally.

Ive been NELOC for 6 years + and never seen it this bad. There has always been a slight seperation from north and south. An it seems like the new leadership is trying to mend that rift but its not going to happen overnight. In my time in NELOC Ive only met a hand full of the tristate area members and most of them are from Liberty VIP and that wasnt till I traveled to PA for the now defunct Carlisle event. Not till after getting to know them well did I start seeing them travel further south to attend events. I understand it is difficult to travel to shows due to commitments, finances and etc, but once a personal bond is made in true friendship or sense of family and the event is worth it you will see people make the effort to attend them. Like I said it just usually doesnt happen overnight.

Heck look at my situation. My obligations dont allow me to show up to most events any longer does it make the NELOC members Ive made that bond with me angry every time? No its cuz we understand each other.

Ryan and I only spoke to each other in brief converstations at meets the years prior to springfest 1 in 2010. When the meet came around he needed a place to stay and asked if it was cool to stay at my place and I had room available. Smitty tho he is no longer truely NELOC did the same for me when I traveled to the DMV. Josh and Jae have done so for other members. Heck I traveled to DMV one weekend on business and posted in this very forum asking if anyone wanted to just hang out and thats how I met Al and now that friendship spans half the world cuz hes moved back to Hawaii.

Yes NELOC is about cars and car related stuff, but the bottom line is you have to remember.

NELOC "you come for the cars, but you stay for the people" and this statement hold true for the members i know well.

so yes the ground rules were laid down as a guideline to follow but if they are bent now and then theres a reason for it.
Old 05-04-12, 11:55 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Alright guys, Enough let's stop the back and forth please. We are all here to have fun and help each other out. Please let's move on from this one.

So what's next?
I agree, fighting ain't going to fix things, wat next? SPRINGFEST!!
Old 05-04-12, 11:59 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

ultravip sucks - see you next week! bye sweetie
Old 05-04-12, 12:03 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
ultravip sucks - see you next week! bye sweetie

you bringing your car homo? you ready for some kalbi? we all know you like steves meat.
Old 05-04-12, 12:05 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, I stand corrected. I apologize for that staement. Joe was instrumental in Neloc being offered a spot at Springfest each year and was also an important part in planning thess events. There have been others alkng the way and you know who you are, thank you. That statement was referencing a specific period of time I was think of when typing.
Old 05-04-12, 12:10 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Joe ,

Well said !!
Old 05-04-12, 12:49 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Joe actually is the one responsible for getting me to drive to springfest that meet me and wifey enjoyed so much we coming for round two. Have met so many great people including ISo, liberty and exclusiv. Joe is an awesome host and will go miles to help people.

Last edited by 99SC42; 05-04-12 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-04-12, 12:56 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieIS
That rule was put in place to prevent people from asking for stickers and not ever contributing to the forum
Exactly, it took me two weeks to create 100 decals lol
Old 05-04-12, 02:03 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Let's close this thread out on a positive note guys. As much as it sucks, there will always be disagreements between people regarding lack of dedication and whatnot, but I guess everyone has their reasons for not attending events and who are we to assume and criticize, right? When TJ and I took over as leadership several months ago, our goal was to try and get NELOC back to what it once was, while keeping the heritage alive. So let's all stop the negativity and before we know it, the club will be shine again! Like Joe said, it's not going to happen overnight, but I do hope we have a good amount of us that are willing to be part of the revival. As for MDSC, there's no need to go to that level as far as leaving the family. A little argument like this shouldn't be so bad to drive you or others away. I do kindly ask for you to stop with the ongoing comments though since it's not helping the situation at all. You're obviously welcome to "come back" if you so choose. Just know that the frustration that was shown here in the thread was only out of care and concern for the club's future. Let's regroup guys and have a great season as a FAMILY!
Old 05-04-12, 02:04 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
Yes NELOC is about cars and car related stuff, but the bottom line you have to remember:

NELOC "you come for the cars, but you stay for the people"

....and this statement hold true for the members I know well.

so yes the ground rules were laid down as a guideline to follow but if they are bent now and then theres a reason for it.
Yes, it's about the cars, and not the people. And that's why people like Smitty will forever be NELOC. What car he owns doesn't even matter....

These 'bent guidelines' VIP mentions is the fault of the OGs not being more present in NELOC. So, I hope to plan a late-summer 2012 OG meet, so that we can all remember what NELOC is about.

It's not about stickers, or t-shirts or how well your car is modded, or any of that stuff.....it's about us, the people. Without cool people, NELOC will always languish.

But again, it's not the newer NELOCers fault, it's the OGs fault. So, the OGs will need to ban together and make something happen. The fun we had getting together at various meets & BBQs....with some of the best caravans EVER.....these events were priceless (and it was just a NELOC meet, and their assorted friends). The heritage thread shows a lot of these past activities.

So, before we completely lose sight of what NELOC is about, let me and some other OGs take you back to how it all began. Just good times, with good people, with our cars (some old, some new, some modded, some stock) being

Many props to Leroy (Apex), Tony (Trukn) and Ryan (Bernie) for doing their best to keep the fire lit. But now it's time to get re-centered. Stay tuned.

BTW, good to see PhillyGS and Chris come down from the North for this past weekend's meet.

I think my car may be leaking oil as of last night , but if it's available next weekend, I hope to come down to VA Beach.