NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Lexus Rockville Ctr

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 08:15 AM
BAMBOOZLED
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lexus Rockville Ctr

Just purchased the 2013 GS 2013 from Lexus Rockville. Im 69 years old and they really took advantage of me. I PURCHASED A CAR, THE CAR THAT WAS PRESENTED TO ME DID NOT HAVE A LISTING OF THE STANDARD EQUIPMENT &INSTALLED OPTIONS AND PRICE AS THE OTHER CARS IN THE SHOWROOM, BUT I WAS TOLD THAT IT HAD A SIMILAR PRICE AS THE OTHER MODELS. I TRADED IN MY OLD LEXUS CAR AT $21558. I PAID FOR $4614 FOR ADDITIONAL OPTIONS, AND GAVE $7000. CASH ALL TOWARD THE NEW CAR. THE SALES PERSON DID NOT DISCLOSE THE NEW PRICE OF $67,000 UNTIL AFTER MY OLD CAR HAD BEEN TRADED IN. I ASKED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS HOW THE CAR CAME TO BE $67,000 AND WAS TOLD IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE OPTIONS ON THE CAR. I RETURNED TO THE DEALER TO GET MY PAPERWORK AND REQUESTED A COPY OF OPTIONS LIST AND A BREAKDOWN OF THE CHARGES FOR THE CAR AND WAS TOLD THAT LEXUS DOES NOT RETAIN A COPY OF THE BREAKDOWN ONCE THE CAR IS SOLD. I WOULD NOT ACCEPT THAT LEXUS HAD NO RECORD OF THIS CAR. FINALLY I WAS GIVEN A COPY OF THE BREAKDOWN AND THE CAR PRICE WAS ONLY $55407. I THEN ASKED HOW DID THE CAR GO FROM 55, 507 TO $67,000 I WAS TOLD THAT ITS A SPECIAL FORMULA IN THEIR SYSTEM. I CHALLENGED THAT FURTHER AND WAS TOLD BY THE SALE MANAGER THAT PART OF THE PRICE THAT I WAS GIVEN FOR MY TRADE IN WAS PLACED BACK ON THE NEW CAR, AND THAT THEY DECIDED TO CHARGE ME $59,000 INSTEAD OF 55407 AS LISTED ON THE BREAKDOWN. THIS IS TOTALLY UNETHICAL. I ASKED WHY WASNT I TOLD THAT MY TRADE IN WAS BEING CHARGED BACK AND WHY WAS THE PRICE CHANGED AND HE TOLD ME I HAD ALREADY SIGNED THE PAPERWORK.
Im considering contacting a lawyer!!!!!!
Old 03-23-12, 08:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I'd suggest going in and asking for the General Manager of the dealership and explain to him that you feel you were taken advantage of and ask how he can fix the issue before you have to take further steps. It is possible there is some reasonable explanation for the difference as well, but the run-around you were given certainly doesn't add credibility to their actions.

Here is who to contact (go to the GM only, not the sales manager)
http://www.lexusofrockville.com/MeetOurDepartments

If that doesn't work, contact Lexus Corporate . Next, possibly find some external resources to bring to bear such as the BBB and an AARP advocate.
http://www.aarp.org/money/experts/ron_burley/
Old 03-23-12, 09:20 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry to hear your experience at the dealership. as mention above by Dave, those are some steps you can take.
Old 03-24-12, 04:16 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that's awful how you were lied to...

definitely contact the GENERAL SALES MANAGER and then onto the GENERAL MANAGER...

also, call 1-800-25-LEXUS for customer satisfaction assistance...
Old 03-26-12, 06:24 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, do it asap before they sell off your trade in.
Old 03-29-12, 04:48 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a bad experience similar to this when just discussing the possibility of trading in my current LS 430 on the LS460 at Lex of Silver Springs I believe. The salesman talked in circles trying to confuse the bottom price. i wanted to keep the negotiations separate from their sticker price to my trade in, but since it came out the salesman was trying to take advantage of this and kept trying to trick me. I felt the salesman knew close to nothing more than the common man about the LS he was selling too. really disappointing to me.

seems like the best way to go is to sell your used car to private party and then go to the stealership for a new one (if you have to).

good luck and act now, or forever be pissed off.
Old 03-29-12, 06:31 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. Dan sounds like the best route for you to take as your next step.

One of the main reasons when car buying to keep the negotiation of the sale price separate from the discussion of how you're going to pay for the car. Finalize the first before moving to the second.
Old 03-29-12, 01:45 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

In 2008 when I went to purchase IS350 from Rockville and deal fell through when they reneged at last minute on price of my trade in, and giving me run around when I asked for my deposit back they refused sighting since they ran credit check and brought IS350 for to test drive they were keeping my deposit. I hit ROOF my response was and I quote "YO GOT BE ****ING KIDDING ME" ! first of all doing credit check is part of business of sell cars if you dont run credit checks you can't sell cars it's part of cost of doing business and second you didn't even have IS350 at dealership for me to test drive you made me wait for two hours and you new I was coming to test drive car and thirdly you reneged on price of trade in not me they refused once again to release my deposit.

I called friend who is head of Bronx division of consumer affairs he made one call to them and the very next day they said they would refund my deposit. I had never been treated so poorly in 25 years of purchasing cars it was like dealing with slimmy used car dealership you the stereo type, I will never ever ever purchase vehicle from that stealership no matter how good of price they offer me, good luck and get your lawyer involved.
Old 03-29-12, 02:54 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm assuming now that there are at least two Lex of Rockville. 1 in NY and 1 in MD¿
Old 03-29-12, 05:54 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes, we are talking about lexus of rockville center on Long Island.