NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

OC Car show June 9-10th

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-12, 03:11 PM
4mula_J87
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey tj, I say we can hit up hoopers crab house. It's all u can eat, their website is hoopercrabhouse.com. We get a vote and do that on one of those days
Old 05-18-12, 03:57 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My request for that weekend off was granted, so I am a definite go! As far as hotels, I'm going through Priceline's Name Your Own Price to book a room. Trying to get the Courtyard Marriott in Salisbury for cheap (it's the only 3 star hotel in that area, so you already know what they'll give you if your bid goes through ). I placed a bid last night, but got rejected, so I'm trying again tonight and will let everyone know as soon as I win. If you wanna go a different route, feel free, but be sure to get it done ASAP. The rooms are filling up EVERYWHERE and prices just keep going higher.

Originally Posted by mcneilj10
Hey tj, I say we can hit up hoopers crab house. It's all u can eat, their website is hoopercrabhouse.com. We get a vote and do that on one of those days
James, I'm absolutely on the same page with you for Hoopers! I went there last summer and loved it. EVERYTHING they have is good...would even go there just for their fried chicken LOL. Just not looking forward to their wait time that weekend (unless we make reservations).
Old 05-18-12, 07:35 PM
4mula_J87
Intermediate

I can call to see about that, if everyones on board.
Old 05-18-12, 08:10 PM
4mula_J87
Intermediate

I gotta stay in a motel, all because I gotta work Friday night into Saturday morning. None of the hotels are currying single night stay but I will be there. U bet on it
Old 05-18-12, 08:26 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will send everbody a pm with my number if you dont have it. That way we can all meet up before rolling into OC. This will give us a chance to cruise together and be able to park together.
Old 05-20-12, 07:51 PM
4mula_J87
Intermediate

I'm going to call hoopers in the a.m. To see if they can seat everyone so I'm starting a thread for a head count to give them a number.
Old 05-22-12, 10:08 AM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Bumping this up since its coming up fast!
Old 05-22-12, 04:50 PM
CestRocks
Rookie

LEETTTSS GOOOO !!! hopefully my car will be ready
Old 05-22-12, 05:04 PM
sleekIS
Driver School Candidate

ok guys im definitely gonna be there for this show weekend. i found a 3 bedroom townhouse on craigslist im gonna rent for 350 for the whole weekend which is better than hotel pricesi been seeing. i dont think ima be showing the car cause with the rental plus money for down there gonna be tight with cash and i just dont think the cars ready but im going to want to cruise with everyone down just need to know when and where to meet everyone.
Old 05-22-12, 05:36 PM
4mula_J87
Intermediate

I think we should give out numbers so there won't be any confusion on the part of ppl that don't know too much about the junction
Old 05-22-12, 06:54 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sleekIS
ok guys im definitely gonna be there for this show weekend. i found a 3 bedroom townhouse on craigslist im gonna rent for 350 for the whole weekend which is better than hotel pricesi been seeing. i dont think ima be showing the car cause with the rental plus money for down there gonna be tight with cash and i just dont think the cars ready but im going to want to cruise with everyone down just need to know when and where to meet everyone.
Thats not a bad idea especially if you have a few people pitch in that is going to stay with you.
Old 05-22-12, 09:15 PM
1cleen1JZ
Driver

I cant wait to meet some of you guys at the show. I will be in OC that week and weekend for both the OC car show and OC all wheel drive meet. I wont have my car yet but will be there. I'll be in one of my Subarus for this one.
Old 05-23-12, 02:49 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Who's ready for this?? I'm not! Still trying to book a hotel...
Old 05-23-12, 07:07 PM
4mula_J87
Intermediate

Originally Posted by phatjay
Who's ready for this?? I'm not! Still trying to book a hotel...
I thought u was Priceline?? @least u don't have to stay in a motel like me because I can't get off Friday night. Well see if I can get anything on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it, it should be crazy.
Old 05-24-12, 07:18 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Idea,,, trust it works (have done so many times),,

1. Organize a meet area, once all groups have arrived, so that everyone can gather.

2. Keep an accurate attendance listing here in this thread, and print this out prior to leaving for the event. this will help the "lead" know who is here vs. not. Updating this thread and careful organization is gonna be key here.

3. Elect a lead person, and that person must be verbal, here, as to what day they are leaving, where to meet , etc. Not everyone has to leave for the show on the same day, but for group gatherings,, arriving in groups is preferrable. Is easier to merge groups together as opposed to trying to bring a bunch of individuals 1 by 1. It can be done, but you have to stay on top of it (lot of work)

4. Each area (MD, NJ, Pa, etc.) SHOULD have a lead person for each day of "home" departure" Basically each area should have a lead person, for each departure day, who will gather their group together. Leaving on Thurs,, who is coming??,, Friday,, who is coming?? etc. The area "leads" should be known, here, so that they can possibly merge together, if not to far out. Area leads should be contacted by area members coinciding with the departure day. Each area lead should be in contact with one another, via phone to try to organize merge, if possible.

5. Day of the show,, premeet is DEF in order. This is to make sure that everyone is there(check attendance from list printed, add names as needed), that everyone isgathered, and for the purpose of rolling in as a group(reference any of the Carlisle aftermath threads and you will see what I mean). This type of organization only solidifies the group as an entity, and will make ALOT of other car clubs jealous, since they still struggle with this. Remember, to observe Caravan etiquette, and keep it in line so that everyone stays out of trouble, and this group does not establish a bad rep with local PD.

However yall decide to do it,, keep it mind that group arrivals will be easier to keep track of rather than just individuals.

Just a lil $ .02cents from an organizational stand point.

Quick Reply: OC Car show June 9-10th