RoninEng
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds linke a plan, 9am?
Old 03-14-13, 09:52 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said, we can do a sweeping caravan from rest area to rest area.... Chesapeake House Rest Area, Maryland House Rest Area, then Delaware is the next.
Old 03-15-13, 10:05 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAzn
Like I said, we can do a sweeping caravan from rest area to rest area.... Chesapeake House Rest Area, Maryland House Rest Area, then Delaware is the next.
Sounds like a plan.

We'll get organized this coming week, see who will be where....and then lay out the schedule.
Old 03-18-13, 10:14 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

OK, SE NELOC caravan crew, I think our goal will be to meet at the Chick Fil-A at Arundel Mills Mall in Hanover, MD at 9am and leave by 9:30am.

Here are some key rest stops along the way. Let me know if you will be joining us at any of these. Later this week, I will put ETAs for these rest stops...and I will send PMs with my cell phone #.

Possible rest stops to pick up NELOCers:

Maryland House I95 in Harford County in the median

Delaware Rest Stop on I95 in the median

NJ Turnpike Northbound Rest Area between Exits 1 & 2

NJ Turnpike Northbound Rest Area between Exits 4 & 5
Old 03-18-13, 10:42 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Excellent, I can meet you guys at the Chik Fil A.

I hope more members from DC/MD and even VA can go. Besides the presence of the immediate DMV area in the NY tri state area, want a nice number of Lexuses from the area rolling together. And let's keep it around 70mph please lol occasional pulls are fine. I've been to other meets where some start doing constant 80 and people get behind.
Old 03-19-13, 05:17 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TheAzn
Excellent, I can meet you guys at the Chik Fil A.

I hope more members from DC/MD and even VA can go. Besides the presence of the immediate DMV area in the NY tri state area, want a nice number of Lexuses from the area rolling together. And let's keep it around 70mph please lol occasional pulls are fine. I've been to other meets where some start doing constant 80 and people get behind.
I admittedly have a heavy foot on the highway.

But I won't leave anyone. And everyone will have my cell # so we should be fine. My worry oftentimes in caravans is the State Police. I have a radar detector, so I am typically OK....but others don't. So if a pack of us races ahead, and then others do their best to catch up....I'm always worried that the po-po will nab those speeding to catch up. So we'll stay in a pack for the most part.....as I'll always slow down to let others catch back up.

And we'll all have our headlights on, as it helps everyone keep track of each other.
Old 03-19-13, 11:22 AM
RoninEng
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, 930 it is.
I drive slow bc my junk is low and hates bumps but it should be all good
Old 03-19-13, 11:24 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RoninEng
Cool, 930 it is.
I drive slow bc my junk is low and hates bumps but it should be all good
It's all good...even if I momentarily speed ahead, I won't leave you.
Old 03-20-13, 07:24 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone near Hopewell VA (Richmond) going to the NELOC Meet and Greet?

Need a favor, to pick up some audio equipment for me in hopewell VA.

Anyone in that area can pick the stuff up and bring to the NELOC meet and greet on Sunday?

Chris

Last edited by lowKut; 03-20-13 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Merge post to NELOC SE Caravan to NY Meet N Greet...
Old 03-20-13, 11:56 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by excluesive

Anyone in that area can pick the stuff up and bring to the NELOC meet and greet on Sunday?

Chris
I don't think there's anyone coming up from Va, at least from that far south. I would if I could but Richmond is almost an hour south of me I think. And the meet is on Saturday.
Old 03-20-13, 01:52 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by excluesive

Chris
Chris, you know I would for you....but that's like 90 minutes south of me. That's pretty far. And I haven't heard from anyone that's coming up from that part of Virginia.
Old 03-20-13, 02:18 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no problem fellas. I must have been dreaming... i knew it was saturday.
Old 03-20-13, 03:14 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having all those stops to pick people up is going to make your whole caravan a mess. You should meet in White Marsh, and once in Delaware and continue on to the meet. You are gonna have a nightmare keeping track of all the people getting on and off the highway. It is also a waste of time stopping that many times because you will have people going in and out of these rest stops to buy drinks and food, use the restroom and to bs with other people. If this is the way this caravan is being conducted I look forward to hearing all the complaints about it.
Old 03-21-13, 06:38 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieIS
Having all those stops to pick people up is going to make your whole caravan a mess. You should meet in White Marsh, and once in Delaware and continue on to the meet. You are gonna have a nightmare keeping track of all the people getting on and off the highway. It is also a waste of time stopping that many times because you will have people going in and out of these rest stops to buy drinks and food, use the restroom and to bs with other people. If this is the way this caravan is being conducted I look forward to hearing all the complaints about it.
Good point, Bernie

Whoever leading the caravan should have everyone's number.
Have 2 other backup leaders ride in the middle and the back to keep the flock intact. Just my thoughts.

MARK
Old 03-21-13, 08:27 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BernieIS
Originally Posted by lowKut
Good point, Bernie

Whoever leading the caravan should have everyone's number.
Have 2 other backup leaders ride in the middle and the back to keep the flock intact. Just my thoughts.

MARK
Ryan and Mark, it sounds worse than it will be. We'll be OK. Just trying to figure out who's coming. Once that's finalized, coordination will be fine.

I don't think we're stopping at each of these rest stops, only those ones where I know someone will be waiting. I was just giving 'possible' caravan pickup locations. But even if we do stop at each one (again, doubtful), it'll be fine.

It's not that serious, we're just cruising to a meet.....it'll all work itself out. And everyone will have my cellphone #, so we'll be straight.

Quick Reply: March 23: NELOC SE Caravan to NY Meet N Greet