NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NELOC End of Season 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-13, 12:11 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is great. We love getting feedback from our NELOC members and having their 2 cents in our events.

Please note I am on call on the weekend and wont be able to go anywhere more than 2 hours away fr NYC, but I am still here to execute all plans to make sure you have have a successful gathering.
Old 07-30-13, 06:38 AM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bumping this up for more input. Does everybody like the idea of a weekend meet?
Old 07-30-13, 08:20 AM
chubz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wont be able to do a weekend meet but i can come either saturday OR sunday
Old 07-30-13, 08:25 AM
1Clean06IS
Pole Position

Yea, I'm in the same boat^ most likely Saturday
Old 07-30-13, 08:36 AM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

I was just thinking a weekend event for those who are driving long distance. If your local then coming that one day would be fine. We need everybodys input so that we can search for a location that will work for us. Thanks for those who have put their input in already.
Old 08-01-13, 05:32 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chubz
i wont be able to do a weekend meet but i can come either saturday OR sunday
This. I'm leaning towards saturday because i'm usually booked for sundays
Old 08-01-13, 06:10 PM
BarronNJ
Rookie

I say we meet-up somewhere Central/North Jersey and then take a ride all together to Bear Mountain and Barbecue, bull****, and have a good ol time. We could also rent out rafts and go out on the river and I would rig a Go-Pro cam on my car to record.
Old 08-02-13, 08:15 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BarronNJ
I say we meet-up somewhere Central/North Jersey and then take a ride all together to Bear Mountain and Barbecue, bull****, and have a good ol time. We could also rent out rafts and go out on the river and I would rig a Go-Pro cam on my car to record.
Since the summer meet was in NY we would like to have this one in South Jersey or maybe even DE to give the southern members a fair chance to attend.
Old 08-03-13, 10:16 PM
njsc3000
Rookie

for a NELOC meet ill drive to the end of the world. but im leaning more towards a sj meet closer to md and va and not too far for the pa and ny members.
Old 08-06-13, 09:30 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

So we looking for Sat or Sun? Sat may be easier to present to my local Lexus dealership so they won't have to pay people to open up on a Sun. The dealership is large enough to hold a meet and have room for the regular Sat crowd.
Old 08-06-13, 10:17 AM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrMark
So we looking for Sat or Sun? Sat may be easier to present to my local Lexus dealership so they won't have to pay people to open up on a Sun. The dealership is large enough to hold a meet and have room for the regular Sat crowd.
We should definitely make this one of the options.
Old 08-06-13, 02:55 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrMark
I like this idea!! If we do have it at the dealership we should have it on Sat. That way its a win win for everybody. They are still open selling cars and we are having a meet there as well as bring potential customer to the dealership after seeing everybody nicely done Lexus Now its really crunch time for me. Gotta figure out what the insurance is going to do with my car. If they total it that means i have to find a new Lexus in time for the meet
Old 08-10-13, 06:01 AM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Bump it up. Still no input from the southern guys?
Old 08-10-13, 09:46 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by puff
Bump it up. Still no input from the southern guys?
Yeah, NELOC SE is just about dead. And I have been in and out of town for work and for fun, so I know I haven't been around much myself either.

So, NELOC NE, just plan your own End of the Summer meet convenient for you guys (maybe in Jersey?), and then we'll so who decides to come from the South. But don't plan around the South.

I'll do my best to be there though...and I can probably inspire a small caravan from the South.
Old 08-14-13, 08:32 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

OK......I have some good news and some bad news...........

The good is that I may have found a spot for the meet. The bad is that there's actually 2 locations and both are Lexus dealerships. One is in north Jersey (Whippany) and one is in souuth Jersey (Cherry Hill).

I just spoke the general manager and he is very excited......and so is the dealer in north Jersey. Which location would be best so we're not soliciting 2 locations. We also need to nail down a firm date. I can help organize with the Cherry Hill dealership if this is chosen and two other Lexus owners can handle the north Jersey location since they work there.

A decision has to be made ASAP since there is a lot of planning involved. BTW....the dealership in Cherry Hill wants to try and get an LFA at the meet......

Quick Reply: NELOC End of Season 2013