NON-Lexus vehicles for sale This sub-forum is where all vehicles that are not made by Lexus should be posted. Members only, NO DEALERS ALLOWED.

^^^^^^^^Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T ***Located in So California, Has Temp Tags*****

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 09:47 AM
Streamline
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luv Da Lex
streamline you are incorrect, no r32 and r34 can be imported and be legalized right now. all skyline that was in teh country before the ban can be legalized. since this is a R33 shouldnt be too hard. just have to talk to ur local govt. its gonna be liek 10 to 15g though.
You say I'm incorrect? Let me point a few things out to you.

Only the few Skylines that were brought in by MotoRex that were SUPPOSED to be legalized...can be legalized.

Any others brought in from various importers w/ no business interest (relating to Skyline legalization) w/ MotoRex...are not legal. Just because a Skyline is in the US before the ban...doesn't mean anything. If a Skyline was brought in through MotoRex...that essentially gives the owner a chance at legalizing their vehicle.

No company at this point in time can do the legalization to ensure the Skyline is 100% street legal (I mean all 50 states, not the "all states except Cali bit that people try to pull).

This particular R33 is not legalized. Therefore, it is not legal and cannot be legalized.
You think this is a MotoRex car? I don't think so. If someone went through the trouble of bringing in a Skyline through MotoRex...and is one of the unlucky ones who haven't finished legalizing/conforming their car...WHY would they mention having the car as a "show car or track car"?

That makes no sense. The NHTSA/DOT understands the dilemma that has occured due to promises by MotoRex to their customers. As such, the NHTSA/DOT has a list of VINs for the vehicles that were imported by MotoRex for legalization.

Any car that is NOT on this list...is not a legal car. End of story.
Don't believe me? Check out the Skyline section in the Freshalloy forum.

"just have to talk to ur local govt. its gonna be liek 10 to 15g though." This makes no sense. What local govt are you talking about? State or Federal? Which branch/agency? And where'd you come up w/ the price?

Your local DMV DOES NOT equal the NHTSA/DOT DOES NOT equal the EPA.
These agencies are all different. As such, just because one of the agencies gives you a green light, doesn't mean you are good to go.

All I'm saying is, read the Freshalloy forum. Inform yourself.
Old 07-22-06, 09:39 AM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

iam just wondering if you say it has temp tags. Exactly how does it have temp tags if it doesnt have a US title?

let me guess registered as a 240sx?

Give out some more facts as to how it can be legalized. you are just saying it "CAN" be. well tell us how it "Can" be. i been looking to purchase a skyline for the last 2 years but everytime i come across one theres something shady about it.
Old 07-22-06, 09:56 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Streamline
You say I'm incorrect? Let me point a few things out to you.

Only the few Skylines that were brought in by MotoRex that were SUPPOSED to be legalized...can be legalized.

Any others brought in from various importers w/ no business interest (relating to Skyline legalization) w/ MotoRex...are not legal. Just because a Skyline is in the US before the ban...doesn't mean anything. If a Skyline was brought in through MotoRex...that essentially gives the owner a chance at legalizing their vehicle.

No company at this point in time can do the legalization to ensure the Skyline is 100% street legal (I mean all 50 states, not the "all states except Cali bit that people try to pull).

This particular R33 is not legalized. Therefore, it is not legal and cannot be legalized.
You think this is a MotoRex car? I don't think so. If someone went through the trouble of bringing in a Skyline through MotoRex...and is one of the unlucky ones who haven't finished legalizing/conforming their car...WHY would they mention having the car as a "show car or track car"?

That makes no sense. The NHTSA/DOT understands the dilemma that has occured due to promises by MotoRex to their customers. As such, the NHTSA/DOT has a list of VINs for the vehicles that were imported by MotoRex for legalization.

Any car that is NOT on this list...is not a legal car. End of story.
Don't believe me? Check out the Skyline section in the Freshalloy forum.

"just have to talk to ur local govt. its gonna be liek 10 to 15g though." This makes no sense. What local govt are you talking about? State or Federal? Which branch/agency? And where'd you come up w/ the price?

Your local DMV DOES NOT equal the NHTSA/DOT DOES NOT equal the EPA.
These agencies are all different. As such, just because one of the agencies gives you a green light, doesn't mean you are good to go.

All I'm saying is, read the Freshalloy forum. Inform yourself.
AMAN to your preach !!! I agree on this one 100% !! But, hey... the fact is he has the car HERE in Cal. and wants to sell it !! Let him do whatever he wants !!! Whoever buys it, needs to worry about all that "garbage about legalizing" (unless you have a big haulin truck and a trailer bed all time).

240sx ?? I don't think so... DMV workers are dumb, but not that stupid !!

Good luck with your sale !

JAY
Old 07-22-06, 11:01 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

ive heard of registering skyline R32's as 240's but most of the time they are GTS-T's not GTR's
Old 07-22-06, 12:09 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

GTS GTR don't matter.... NO VIN # and NO smog = no tag !!! Plus right hand drive ??

Unless you want to use 240sx shell ONLY and transfer everything from skyline to 240 chasis/body !! but dang.. that's ALOT of work just to have rhd car !!

J
Old 07-22-06, 02:26 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

i wasnt saying thats what should be done, i was saying that it has been done