NON-Lexus vehicles for sale This sub-forum is where all vehicles that are not made by Lexus should be posted. Members only, NO DEALERS ALLOWED.

TX BUILT RWD 1975 Celica GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10, 09:28 PM
movin_up
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUILT RWD 1975 Celica GT

Engine has at most 15,000 miles on it.

1975 Celica GT
20/22R built to LC Engineering spec
Holley Demon carb
MSD ignition
Battery relocated to trunk
Fuel cell
255lph fuel pump
Lexus SC300 W58 5 Speed

Front adjustable coilovers
Rear KYB's with lowering springs
Techno Toy Tuning tension rods
Front strut tower brace
Front Wilwood BBK with slotted/drilled rotors

Interior was originally brown - now black
Front and rear seats reupholstered
Dash wrapped in black
A-pillar vinyl dyed
Grant GT wheel

If you know anything about these cars, you know that the '75s did not look as good as the '71-74, mainly due to safety regulations that required huge front and rear bumpers. This car is almost fully converted to a '72. The rear conversion is complete, including shaving the fuel door from the c-pillar and relocating it to the panel between the tail lights. '72 rear bumper, lower panel, tail lights and center panel are all installed. Up front is getting close, but not quite there yet. It will probably be complete by the time this car sells as I am still working on it. The bumper has been installed since these pictures were taken. A '73-74 lip spoiler will be going on soon. The '71-72 lip spoiler requires '71-72 turn signals which are difficult to find. I've replaced the mirror with a '72 mirror not pictured.

The car has NO rust problems. Spent almost its whole life in California, the only problem with that is the faded paint. The only rust on the car that I have noticed is a small spot on the hood where the paint chipped off and a little along the core support. Very light surface rust only.

The 22R is running a underdrive balancer pulley. This is causing the already low-output alternator put out even less power. Driving around will drain the battery down to 80% and the alternator will hold it there all day long, but at night or in the rain if you are running headlights or wipers or defrost you've only got about an hour and a half before you need to recharge. I plug the car into a charger every day when I get it home from work and don't have any trouble, but I am working on the solution. I should have a GM high output alternator installed in a couple weeks and I'm also considering putting the stock harmonic balancer back on the car so I don't have to worry about excess wear on the accessories.

The valve seals also need to be replaced. The motor burns a little oil in traffic if it has to sit and idle. The previous owner had the engine sitting on a stand in a hot California garage for a year or more and I know the front and rear main seals deteriorated during this time and had to be replaced, but no one ever messed with the valve seals that seem have dried out at the same time. I plan to tackle this in maybe a month or so if the car hasn't sold.

Those are the only issues I've had with it. It's a great car. I really don't want to sell it, but I can't think of a good reason that I need it. I just bought it in January, but my plans are shifting a little and I want to focus on one of my other cars so I'm just restructuring a bit haha.

I'm also planning to get rid of my Lexus IS250 soon, so I may be interested in a trade that would kind of replace that. I've been looking into E46's and G35's lately, also 4 Runners or other SUVs (4x4 only). Just let me know if you have something interesting.

Asking price is $7,000 OBO