North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

[EVENT] Weekly Wednesday night meet in Plano

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 12:16 PM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a cool night here at the Arlington meet. No cops to worry about.
Old 07-23-09, 12:25 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to get a yellow car with the license plate mlaria LOL that was bad *** the viper too bad he didnt want to go.
Old 07-23-09, 01:58 PM
C.busta88
Driver School Candidate

Yesterday was pretty cool..i went there hoping to see some riced out looking cars and i got what i was looking for lol..does it always get that crowded at the Plano meets? This is the first time i went and actually saw anybody there..
Old 07-23-09, 03:15 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

The old location used to be croweded. THis has died down a lil here at the new one. It was really big this week for some reason but it was full of slow cars. Back in the day CL had a big showing now not as much. It sucks we got kicked out of Sam's people need to learn to pick up there trash instead of leaving it in the lot...That was the reason why we moved over to the parking lot across the street.
Old 07-29-09, 04:55 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Question

Weathercast

Is there even a CHANCE of this happening tonight?
Old 07-29-09, 06:13 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What location tho?

EDIT: looks like its goin on across the street from the old new spot

Last edited by Matador; 07-29-09 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-30-09, 01:43 AM
NAiL05
Instructor

Honestly I think we should start our own wednesday night meet. Get some people we know and just meet up somewhere else. Seems like the wed night meet sometimes has some immature people. The youth obvious cant pick up there trash and so on. IMO we should get a few good forums with some cool people and the decent cars and meet up elsewhere just me. Just an idea old spot haha.
Old 07-30-09, 07:38 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NAiL05
Honestly I think we should start our own wednesday night meet. Get some people we know and just meet up somewhere else. Seems like the wed night meet sometimes has some immature people. The youth obvious cant pick up there trash and so on. IMO we should get a few good forums with some cool people and the decent cars and meet up elsewhere just me. Just an idea old spot haha.
Completely agree with you!
I've got about 3 more weeks of last-semester-Hell and I plan to move on this idea a bit. I've got some ideas I'll share with you next time in person about location, setup, etc.

I'm also thinking we abide, at least initially, by the K.I.S.S. ("Keep It Simple, Stupid!") principle and we start out with very few groups. Strike that last part - we begin with just us, until we get it down. As with ANY social situation or planned event, the more folks involved and the more cooks in the kitchen, the more complex the planning and execution are.
Old 08-02-09, 07:52 AM
Dattt
Lexus Test Driver

yeah we should do it!
Old 08-02-09, 01:14 PM
-JDOG-
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dattt
yeah we should do it!
Yeah sounds good. Dat told me this morning he has a place in mind. It's off of Preston & Spring Creek.
Old 08-02-09, 04:14 PM
BSC300TT
Lead Lap

why dont we do a weekend meet. One of the main reasons I dont attend as many wed night meets is because of work the next morning.
Old 08-02-09, 04:27 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe a weekend lunch meet or somethin? That way no work the next day and people still have their fri/sat nights.
Old 08-02-09, 06:28 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Just let me know scott. I might bring some acurazine people out there too. We will see.
Old 08-03-09, 08:00 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BSC300TT
why dont we do a weekend meet. One of the main reasons I dont attend as many wed night meets is because of work the next morning.
Originally Posted by Matador
Maybe a weekend lunch meet or somethin? That way no work the next day and people still have their fri/sat nights.
Originally Posted by NAiL05
Just let me know scott. I might bring some acurazine people out there too. We will see.
We're spending WAY too much time together ; you guys are reading my mind. Reppin' our group and hobby by gathering at other events/meets is fine, but I don't think we want our most consistent NTL gathering to be dependent on an event administered (loosely) by others and subject to their behavior/clean-up/etc., and how often the group is kicked-out of each location. In my experience with multiple car groups/clubs, a consistent meeting place and time makes even the most geographically-spread-out group more cohesive and regular.

Also, do your part for NTL. Anytime there's a Mega Millions or Lotto drawing, get at least ONE line of numbers. That speeds things up greatly if one of us wins.

One buddy of mine has a club apparently made up of hundred-thousand-aires or millionaires, who've bought or lease their own hangar in McKinney. They can have a weekly SET time to meet up, in addition to just having a place to drive to and hang out when they want to chill with their car bros/gals. It's also where they put in the group effort on their car projects, without violating homeowner group- or apartment- policies about working on cars and having too many cars, etc.

Our broke ***** aren't going off to buy a hangar anytime soon, but I'm shopping around for a poor man's variation of this.
Old 08-03-09, 08:19 AM
BSC300TT
Lead Lap

In Scott we trust

Quick Reply: [EVENT] Weekly Wednesday night meet in Plano