North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

The spotted thread in NTX

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-09, 04:01 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw the black slammed 2nd gen IS with the stock rims painted black with a red stripe on preston today. He been at the meet before but i dunno his name.
Old 08-02-09, 07:53 AM
Dattt
Lexus Test Driver

Spotted GGP IS300 @ Fry's Electronics with TRD Grill and HKS Drager II exhaust very cool
Old 08-03-09, 11:42 AM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Who drives that green SC on gold 5-spoke wheels always parked at the UTD Bookstore?
Old 08-04-09, 06:06 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Smile

Originally Posted by waijai
Who drives that green SC on gold 5-spoke wheels always parked at the UTD Bookstore?
Old 08-04-09, 06:39 AM
waijai
Racer

See you all the time up at school. Do you ever get parking tickets there?
Old 08-04-09, 07:53 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

See you all the time up at school. Do you ever get parking tickets there?
No sir. I go to school here and work here, & my parking pass allows me some privileges, especially while I'm working on Project Orion, and the project "war room" is in the bookstore.

I'm working on wrapping up what is (hopefully) my last semester for my current degree plan, and then I'll possibly continue with the top-ranked MBA degree plan at the School of Management. I assume you're taking some/all classes at the School of Management as well?
Old 08-04-09, 08:07 AM
waijai
Racer

Yeah I'm going to the School of Management. I'll be done in December and then doing the MBA program probably next fall.
Old 08-04-09, 08:52 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Yeah I'm going to the School of Management. I'll be done in December and then doing the MBA program probably next fall.
Awesome. It sounds like we'll both "walk" this December.
We're friends on Facebook.
We go to the same school and will likely be in the same grad school class for the SoM MBA.
And yet I hardly get to see ya or know ya. We gotta fix that!
Thanks for spotting me.
Old 08-04-09, 08:53 AM
waijai
Racer

oh you're the one on my facebook...Scott or something right?
Old 08-04-09, 09:02 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Talking

oh you're the one on my facebook...Scott or something right?
LOL...see?
Old 08-04-09, 10:13 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Gees, wish I could make friends like that.
Old 08-04-09, 09:02 PM
SpecLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
No sir. I go to school here and work here, & my parking pass allows me some privileges, especially while I'm working on Project Orion, and the project "war room" is in the bookstore.

I'm working on wrapping up what is (hopefully) my last semester for my current degree plan, and then I'll possibly continue with the top-ranked MBA degree plan at the School of Management. I assume you're taking some/all classes at the School of Management as well?
Out of curiosity who told you it was top-ranked?
Old 08-04-09, 09:18 PM
waijai
Racer

U.S. News & World Report

The Full-Time MBA program at The University of Texas at Dallas’ School of Management was ranked one of the Top 50 programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. The ranking, published yesterday in the magazine’s annual “America’s Best Graduate Schools” edition, places the Full-Time MBA program 23rd nationwide among public universities.

“To be able to show we’re among the Top 50 MBA programs is a testament to the hard work of our faculty and students,” said Hasan Pirkul, dean of the School of Management and Caruth Professor of Management. “Our MBA program started in the mid-1990s and has been eligible for this ranking just since 2002. In those six years, the school’s faculty – and especially the students – have worked hard and shown over and over that the learning that goes on here is competitive on a national level.”

UT Dallas’ program is tied at 49th with Babson College in Boston. The top three schools in this year’s rankings are Harvard, Stanford and Northwestern universities. The dean of Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management, Dipak C. Jain, earned his Ph.D. in marketing at UT Dallas’ School of Management.

“This latest ranking shows we’ve achieved strong upward momentum in just the few years we’ve been participating in the rankings,” Pirkul said.

Only four other full-time MBA programs in Texas were included in this year’s listing. UT Austin was ranked the best of Texas’ full-time programs at 18, followed by Texas A&M (33), Rice (38) and Southern Methodist University (47).

Of the five, UT Dallas’ program is least expensive for in-state students at about $23,000 for tuition and fees for the program’s duration. Texas A&M is next in tuition and fees for in-state students.

In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, SMU is the only other full-time MBA program ranked in the Top 50, two spots above UT Dallas at 47th place. Tuition and fees for SMU’s program cost about $83,000 for the full program.

One of the qualities used to determine overall rankings is how corporate recruiters view the value of the program. UT Dallas’ score of 3.2 (on a 5-point scale) is the same as that of SMU, Rice and Texas A&M. Only UT-Austin scored higher in recruiter assessment – 3.8 – than the other Texas universities.

The School of Management’s faculty recently was ranked 17th nationwide in terms of research productivity. “Students tell us that having these successful researchers teaching their MBA classes adds immeasurably to the quality of their coursework,” Pirkul said.
Old 08-04-09, 09:27 PM
SpecLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good luck with your MBA.
Old 08-04-09, 11:09 PM
kuo246
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chewy
spotted a black is250 with 19" gold volks in arlington on highway 360 and sublett...are you here?
hey that sounds like me but my IS350 has "bronze" TE37 i never seen another isx50 with that color wheels in my neck of the woods.

i havent been on clublexus for a while im glad we finally got a NTX section!

Quick Reply: The spotted thread in NTX