North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Looking for a place in North Texas to install parts...any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-09 | 11:33 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Default Looking for a place in North Texas to install parts...any suggestions?

I am new to the forums and have been doing a lot of mods as of lately. I want to buy some lowering springs. I however, do not want to pay the dealer what they want to charge me (wowww).

Can anyone in North Texas recommend a place (credible/good work) that will do this at a much more affordable price?

I'm not so sure about having someone simply help me (or rather me help them since I know nothing about this kind of install) for fear that warranty issues might arise. BUT if there were someone with the needed tools and proper experience I would gladly pay them a fair fee.

I just joined the North Texas social forum but I'm awaiting approval. Perhaps I should have waited and posted there.
Old 01-20-09 | 12:52 AM
trunkflapp
Pole Position

Jeff's house.... lol

No but really, Vik installed mine, pm me if you want his number.... (he is VERY reasonable.....)

Quincy
Old 01-20-09 | 06:46 AM
Dattt
Lexus Test Driver

ill approve you *cough *cough if i could! =) haha
Old 01-20-09 | 07:38 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

My springs are being done by Jeff and nelson tomorrow. Will report back and let you know how it goes.
Old 01-20-09 | 07:58 AM
Dattt
Lexus Test Driver

what? what time i want to see! hahaha
Old 01-20-09 | 09:07 AM
Matador
Racer

Most shops around the area dont charge too much for a spring install. You can ask member JeffTsai or Nail09 if they would do it for less than dealer/shop though.
Old 01-20-09 | 07:00 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

lol usually we do everything at Jeffs house lol. But yea that seems to be the main "North Texas Workshop" lol.
Old 01-20-09 | 10:29 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

So...say a guy in dallas that the north texas club lexus group doesnt know...REALLY wants to not only get it done at an affordable price (if not downright cheap) but would also love to be involved somehow in the process. If any one in this part of the social club does this kind of work I'm sure we could work out a fee or something.

I wouldn't think to question someone about their skill or know-how if i dont know them any more than a licensed/insured mechanic (which some may be, i dont know). I'd just like some kind of reassurance that it would be in good hands. I probably bet a lexus enthusiast with the experience, desire and tools to do this kind of work will do as good or better of a job than many shops I suppose.

Let me ask people another question. I really want more than an F-sport drop. I think the H&R drop is perfect. I dont want to spend for coilovers yet. What warranty problems will i have? Will it certainly be voided if using non-Fsport/lexus products? Maybe it's worth it? If it likely will pose warranty issues. Maybe an Fsport drop is worth it for now if I can find someone to get it on for cheap.
Old 01-21-09 | 10:50 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Usually checking with your lexus dealer first will let you know how far you can go with modding. Usually engine work is the big thing. Aesthetics they might not be as picky. I would check with the dealerships policy.
Old 02-11-09 | 07:24 AM
bursond
Pole Position

Wink

Originally Posted by patrick323
So...say a guy in dallas that the north texas club lexus group doesnt know...REALLY wants to not only get it done at an affordable price (if not downright cheap) but would also love to be involved somehow in the process. If any one in this part of the social club does this kind of work I'm sure we could work out a fee or something.

I wouldn't think to question someone about their skill or know-how if i dont know them any more than a licensed/insured mechanic (which some may be, i dont know). I'd just like some kind of reassurance that it would be in good hands. I probably bet a lexus enthusiast with the experience, desire and tools to do this kind of work will do as good or better of a job than many shops I suppose.

Let me ask people another question. I really want more than an F-sport drop. I think the H&R drop is perfect. I dont want to spend for coilovers yet. What warranty problems will i have? Will it certainly be voided if using non-Fsport/lexus products? Maybe it's worth it? If it likely will pose warranty issues. Maybe an Fsport drop is worth it for now if I can find someone to get it on for cheap.
Jotech Motor Sports in Garland will do a great job! I believe they charged me $300 to install my Tein CO Kit. Davenport Motor Co. is the Best, but it will cost you! Good luck.

www.jotechracing.com
972-840-2749

Last edited by bursond; 02-11-09 at 07:31 AM. Reason: added text.
Old 02-11-09 | 12:12 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Thanks...some local guys did it for me. I learned a bit and they did a great job. A few more mods and I'm ready to post pics.
Old 02-11-09 | 12:26 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

How did painting your brake calipers go? Did you get the jack right?
Old 02-11-09 | 03:31 PM
djentee
Pole Position

can't wait to see pics.....
Old 02-15-09 | 03:05 PM
SMARK
Driver

I've used Pratt Lexus Care

http://www.prattauto.com/
Old 02-15-09 | 06:51 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Painting the calipers went ok. I used some "brush on" paint kit. You cant really notice because the 250 calipers are smaller than the 350. I'm thinking of getting some of the small lexus stickers to put on them then clear-coating it all. It was more a practice in getting my newly lowered car off of the ground which i did by making steps out of 2x6 boards, then a hydraulic jack can fit underneath. Of course then I'm a retard and drive off the end of the steps (4 inches tall) rather than back up off the steps. I just knocked my front lip a little loose but it's not a bit thing.

The drop is going well. Some wheel/fender contact from time to time but I'll deal with it. Thanks for your help Nelson.

pics...i'm up in the air to post yet. i'm a day or so from purchasing an audio/video system that changes things up completely.
Maybe it's best to wait till i get this beauty installed to take pics

Last edited by patrick323; 02-15-09 at 10:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a place in North Texas to install parts...any suggestions?