North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

1J & 1.5J SC300's Going to TX2K9, Wanna Drag Race?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-09 | 09:51 AM
SupraMK3
Driver School Candidate

Default 1J & 1.5J SC300's Going to TX2K9, Wanna Drag Race?

I'm new here and just wanted to see if any of you guys are going to TX2K9! Also wanted to see if you guys wanted to drag race with cars with similar mods. I copied this from a thread that I posted on SF. Would love to have you guys!

Just like the title says guys! I've been talking with Peter and he said that this would be a great way to get more SC's out there racing. I don't see any problem with having a SC and MK3 with the same mods racing each other in the same class at TX2K9! If you do have a 2J in your SC you will race with the MK4's as you have always.

I was just trying to see if we could have the best drag racing yet!! LMK what you guys think. I know that this is kinda last minute, well you have a month and a half to get ready still for the event! If you want to race, post up in the Drag Thread, this thread will tell you everything that you need.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=522418

Please post up if interested!!

Last edited by SupraMK3; 02-19-09 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-16-09 | 02:33 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Thumbs up

Hey SupraMK3, thanks for letting us know about this.

It sounds like a GREAT opportunity to finally get with our Supra cousins like we want to do more often anyway.

The 1st issue I foresee is that our list of modded SCs is very short. We basically have 2 1JZs and the rest are all stock N/A 2JZs. I don't have a count off the top of my head of the SC4s.
In fact, most of us are wanting to hang with the Supra bros and learn from them so we can begin modding our SCs. So I don't know that we'd really enhance the drag-racing experience, but I know we'd love to hang with 'em.

The 2nd potential issue is that there's about one month's time left to arrange work schedules and to find hotel rooms.

Man, I'd sure like to go play with some Supras though...

Anyone else?

Old 02-18-09 | 01:57 PM
SupraMK3
Driver School Candidate

No body interested??? This is going to be a great event for MK3's and SC's alike. We already have 15 people already signed up for and paid!! We have until the 27th to get everyone signed up. If you guys have any questions please LMK.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 02-18-09 | 04:21 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Link on Supra Forums does not work. I'll be down there for the event in my GS. Not sure if I'm going to race or not, and if I do...which class I will be placed in.
Old 02-18-09 | 04:31 PM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

still NA 2jz here, but there are a couplle of 1jz sc's in this NTL board...
Old 02-18-09 | 04:33 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Link dont work but I dunno. few 1J sc's dunno if they are down to run. However plenty of 1j supras around dallas though lol.
Old 02-18-09 | 08:57 PM
Matador
Racer

Too stock for now.
Old 02-18-09 | 09:51 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Link on Supra Forums does not work. I'll be down there for the event in my GS. Not sure if I'm going to race or not, and if I do...which class I will be placed in.
you car is fast maybe they can have a new class for your supra/gs!
Old 02-18-09 | 11:10 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DFLORES
you car is fast maybe they can have a new class for your supra/gs!
Yeah, theres only one problem right now. I can't get that power to the ground lol. The tires stay spinning 1st, 2nd, beginning of 3rd gear up until about 70-80mph and I finally catch traction in the middle of 3rd gear. I'm sure you saw that video of me racing Matt at Ennis lol. It was a pretty bad run for me because I didn't actually start going anywhere until halfway down the track
Old 02-19-09 | 06:21 AM
SupraMK3
Driver School Candidate

Link is fixed guys! Sorry about that! The Dallas 1J Supra guys are scared running my 7M at the track!LOL! But there are several that have already signed up that are 1J. I know several 1J's locally and all of them are going, but none of them are racing, other than YotaRob with his mostly stock car.

It would be great to see some 1J SC's come out, now that there is a class for them.

Jeff, I saw your run at Ennis, I was out there aswell with my MK3, Blue/silver with the weld/MT set up. You just need a better set of tires on that car and you'll be fine. Kinda like what I have or Bryan has on his GS. You would be in class 4 (5 if we can get at least 2 sc's) or the Street car class.
Old 02-19-09 | 09:23 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

He needs slicks for track use. Where is drag racing takeing place? If i can ever get my boost controller fixed i might be down...
Old 02-19-09 | 09:54 AM
NAiL05
Instructor

Its gonna be down in houston. He needs a higher stall tooo so he can leave the line faster. The nthe tires for traction haha.
Old 02-19-09 | 11:48 AM
SupraMK3
Driver School Candidate

It will be at the Lonstar track just north of Houston. Here is all the info that you need about the whole event, road race, dyno, show n shine, drag event, night meet and 60-130 event!

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140
Old 02-19-09 | 11:51 AM
NAiL05
Instructor

Peter also posted it in the Southwest section on the lexus boards not in the NTL section. Just FYI.

Thread is here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...l-invited.html
Old 02-27-09 | 07:52 AM
SupraMK3
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys anyone else wanna come out and race?? I know that there are several SC's here going, why not make a pass or 2?? We need 2 more people to step up for the drag events. You will only be racing cars with similar mods!! If any of you guys knows anyone that might be on the fence, try and tip them over LOL!!

Quick Reply: 1J & 1.5J SC300's Going to TX2K9, Wanna Drag Race?