North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

[EVENT] Cup Cake Meet, 7/18 Richardson 5-8pm

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-09, 12:33 PM
Dattt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NAiL05
Should we pre meet it and roll in deep? Seems like people dont believe in the Lexus lol.
i dont even believe in the Lexus crew!
Old 07-12-09, 01:06 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

And thats why you arent allowed to go lol.
Old 07-12-09, 05:44 PM
TiiVoo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEAR THIS! CCM HAS TOLD US NO WAIT HIEU AND TY TOLD TIFFANY TO TELL ME THAT US NTL CANNOT HAVE A BBQ AT THE CUP CAKE MEET! what a load of bull****! So they told us we can have our tents and stuff but no bbq. Why?! because this is a meet for them to make money and it would be RUDE of us if we had our own bbq. BTW! they are having their own bbq and selling their food to us. They expect us to meet new cars and new people.
Old 07-12-09, 05:47 PM
TiiVoo
Rookie

ACCORDING TO PRESIDENT OF CUPCAKE MEET:

It's been called to my attention about others wanting to bbq at CCM4.

I've been hearing all sides of the story and I believe that if you're going to do a bbq next to us instead of supporting our event, it's going to be look upon as rude since we're the ones hosting it.

By all means, anyone that wants to do a bbq can do it at a different park like a pre thing before heading over to CCM4 or eat before they come, they don't have to buy our bbq goodies.
The park area is small and that's where we're going to have our bbq. There's no room to do another bbq anyway. And to do a bbq where the parking lots are, we might gather cops because that may not be allowed.

The bbq fund that we are hosting is just to make future CCMs bigger, we're just asking for support. We just want respect that that's what we are doing.

Members, please tell me what you think about this.
Old 07-12-09, 06:17 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Eating animal flesh is overrated anyways.
Old 07-12-09, 06:20 PM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

ikenn take me too vipanno!!!
Old 07-12-09, 06:39 PM
Dattt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TiiVoo
HEAR THIS! CCM HAS TOLD US NO WAIT HIEU AND TY TOLD TIFFANY TO TELL ME THAT US NTL CANNOT HAVE A BBQ AT THE CUP CAKE MEET! what a load of bull****! So they told us we can have our tents and stuff but no bbq. Why?! because this is a meet for them to make money and it would be RUDE of us if we had our own bbq. BTW! they are having their own bbq and selling their food to us. They expect us to meet new cars and new people.
Timmy,

You have to consider the fact that it is their event and they have planned it in advance, so we should be respectful that, and not try to interfere with their festivities. I understand your feelings, because it is in fact a public area and in reality you actually do what ever you want, so really if you really if wanted to be inconsiderate. You can host your own BBQ and meet right next to theirs at the same time and it would be perfectly fine and dandy with honey, sprinkles, and a cherry on top, but really would you like them to do that to us when we host an event and invite others? In my personal opinion we should respect them and not try to have our own BBQ in the same area as them.

Dat

Last edited by Dattt; 07-12-09 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-12-09, 06:43 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by Dattt
Timmy,

You have to consider the fact that it is their event and they have planned and it in advance, so we should be respectful that and not try to interfere with their festivities. I understand your feelings, because it is in fact a public area and in reality you actually do what ever you want, so really if you really if wanted to be inconsiderate you can host your own BBQ and meet right next to theirs at the same time and it would be perfectly legal, but really would you like them to do that to us when we host an event and invite others? In my personal opinion we should respect them and not try to have our own BBQ in the same area as them.

Dat
^ Agree.
I wasn't aware they were doing anything other than cupcakes.
If they're doing BBQ and expecting to sell BBQ goods/services, then yes, it would be in bad form to bring our own.

This one sounds less like "As the World Turns" drama and more like common sense. It's their meet; let's abide by their guidelines like we'd expect them to do at one of our meets.
Old 07-12-09, 07:06 PM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

I didn't know they were gonna be selling bbq stuff either. I thought this was a cupcake thing. But then again, it is their meet so yeah, like others have stated, let's not be rude and respect their guidlines. Oh well, at least we won't have to sweat in front of the grill. I guess we can scratch the bbq/food/drinks idea and just have some fun in the sun.
Old 07-12-09, 07:55 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Or we can eat somewhere first. Thats just retarded though...They never mentioned it on there flyer until afterwards. I already posted...Whatever I dont really care honestly I think its kinda weak. I understand its for them to make money for there "funds" but they should have been more clear on the original flyer that they were providing food to raise money for there CCM deal. I dont see why not its not like we are selling the food but it could be just me. They just said bbq...have they ever thought that not everyone wants to eat burgers and hot dogs? I know I don't. But whatever...Change in plan then?
Old 07-12-09, 10:31 PM
TiiVoo
Rookie

we'll just go as plan, but with no bbq. What i dont get is why some of yall and most of them are calling me rude. first of all, im not selling meat, this is just between us. and it is at a park. There are going to be plenty of others out there that will buy their food. I am not trying to steal their meet. my intentions were not to steal their spotlight but to make our group a little more fun than just sitting underneath tents and sweating our butts off and do nothing. BUT ill respect them and not do a bbq. but im only speaking for myself. I cant do ne thing if others bring their own bbq...
Old 07-12-09, 10:34 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyIS25
ikenn take me too vipanno!!!
I dont understand you.

Man, if its hot. I just gonna sit in the car.
Old 07-12-09, 11:15 PM
TiiVoo
Rookie

well i say we should still bring out drinks, cause nelson is going to bring out the cooler still with ice...Im still bringing out the big tent for us to stand and sit under. I have 3 lounge chairs so yeah...What about you scott?
Old 07-13-09, 12:47 AM
Dattt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TiiVoo
we'll just go as plan, but with no bbq. What i dont get is why some of yall and most of them are calling me rude. first of all, im not selling meat, this is just between us. and it is at a park. There are going to be plenty of others out there that will buy their food. I am not trying to steal their meet. my intentions were not to steal their spotlight but to make our group a little more fun than just sitting underneath tents and sweating our butts off and do nothing. BUT ill respect them and not do a bbq. but im only speaking for myself. I cant do ne thing if others bring their own bbq...
Well the way you reacted towards the situation seemed to indicate to some people that you wanted to start trouble, but I, myself, knew you only had good intentions at heart. The issue does not seem to be about financial profit, but rather a principle of "interfering" with Cup Cake Meet's conglomeration.
Old 07-13-09, 12:48 AM
NAiL05
Instructor

Well in that case I am just gonna make something at home then go. I wasnt in the mood for burgers and hot dogs anyway. Had too much of that a while back.

Quick Reply: [EVENT] Cup Cake Meet, 7/18 Richardson 5-8pm