North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Motorsports Ranch Intro Course

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-10, 07:34 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motorsports Ranch Intro Course

So this thread was posted on DI a while back and I was wondering who in the Lexus community might be interested. As for dates I am not too sure yet since they only listed one but if we get some interest we might be able to get some seat time. This is also nice for the novice driver who wants to grasp the basics of motorsport. Anyway here is the info:

Introduction to Performance Driving

Would you call yourself an enthusiast when it comes to Motorsports? Here is your chance to dip your toe into the sport you may have a passion for but have yet to experience! A chance to gain the basic knowledge to move beyond spectator and into the rarified realm of driver!

Motorsport Ranch has been a leader in the sports car country club industry for over a decade providing a safe and enjoyable facility for the automotive enthusiast to take there dreams to the next level.

We are pleased to be able to now offer a chance for everyone that has ever wished to enjoy their fever for driving exactly that! Come join us for our Introduction to Performance Driving and get a feel for your dreams!

Course schedule: Registration
1st Classroom Session
Lead & Follow
2nd Classroom Session
Lead & Follow
3rd Classroom Session
Group “A” Solo Session
Group “B” Solo Session
Group “A” Solo Session
Group “B” Solo Session

What to bring? A Vehicle
Driver license
Long Pants
Snell Rated Helmet (Rental helmets will be available at an additional fee)
Enthusiasm!

Cost: $95.00 per driver

So why wait? Get a group of 20 friends together and schedule a private class or signup for one of our prescheduled Introduction to Performance Driving classes today! Don’t let the chance pass you by!

First Course will be held January 16, 2010

For registration you sign up by sending this person an Email : ami@motorsportranch.com
Old 01-12-10, 08:40 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ive been driving with thedriversedge.net for about 5yrs now & it cost $295 for 2days worth of driving. Thats 4 run sessions each day. So $95 for 1day is a great deal. My car will not be ready for the 16th nor do i have the $95 right now, but if you are a novice and you have the money I highly recommend you do it. Motorsport Ranch is a great track,very technical, lots of off camber turns. Im a yellow solo driver with the edge, so the lead and follow sessions would drive me crazy, but for novices's its a good thing. I have some youtube videos on my myspace page of motorsport ranch & eagles canyon if anyone is interested in seeing the track from a SC400 passenger view. www.myspace.com/barron771

Old 01-12-10, 08:47 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

It would be cool if we could make this alittle meet with the NTL guys even if you dont drive that day. I know the people out there and spectators are welcome & free. I probably could make it out there. Hope the weather is good I heard its posto rain. Ive driven that track in the rain, super slick, like ice, so i just practiced drifting until it dried up.
Old 01-13-10, 06:37 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

I dont know NAiL05, it seems like the little time that ive been on here, most everybody is looking to fix up there cars, take pics of them, and talk about them, but I havent really seen or talked to anyone that is really into DRIVING there cars. Thats cool it aint for everybody.
Old 01-13-10, 07:07 PM
VSL-F
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this info. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now. I just sent them an email, and I will be there!
Old 01-13-10, 07:52 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

I know of at least 4 clublexus people that would be willing to go and a few more people from acurazine.
Old 01-13-10, 08:49 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Now thats what im talkin about, people ready to drop the hammer and do some drivin. Im gonna try and make it out there just to meet you guys. Me and my buddy are going to gtsfire's house on sat to look at his 91 turbo supra for sale, think my buddy is going to buy it. Then proly come out. Good luck guys and Im hoping it doesnt rain, or your gonna find out about that slickness i was talking about. And maybe someone will give me a ride in there IS-F ive been waiting to ride in one.
Old 01-14-10, 07:59 AM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe i should go track the Hybrid and see how it goes =)
Old 01-14-10, 12:26 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Hell yea that thing has 182hp and it dont weigh anything, i saw a guy the other day going down sublett in arlington with a little kid in the passenger seat. He was going abouth 55 in a 40 when he made a right hand turn on to calendar rd,lol he lifted the right rear wheel off the ground hookin that turn in a Prius, proly same chasse, I say DO IT lol.

Last edited by spdrcr771; 01-14-10 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-17-10, 11:07 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Hmm so lets say IF I can get a group of you all along with the acurazine people I know to go with other friends to MSR would anyone be interested? It would be the first time for me setting up something like this but I wouldnt mind. Might take some time but I think it would be a nice meet in the summer time.
Old 01-18-10, 10:18 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Hey NAiL05 i think that would be a good idea for a meet, but I went sat, & the way they ran it on sat, im not so sure i would be comfee. Let me explain, its class, lead/follow,class,lead/follow. then just turn your a$$ loose by yourself. When i saw that i knew, i couldnt miss this. Cause i knew that there was gonna be people going off track quick. Thats exactly what happened. Now they did break the group down into fast (A)group & slow (B) group but everybody is still beginners. In the drivers edge, they dont let you solo until you start running in the top of the novice group, which is good, no one wants to get together. Now i talked to bryan @ the track, this was there first time doing this for different people. Meaning they usually only do it for car clubs like (corvette club) etc. So maybe the more they do it, the safer they might make it, but no one on one instructor, i could get ugly. I dont want any high horse power rookie, over cookin a turn and hittin me, thats my only concern, but its cheep.
Old 01-18-10, 11:19 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Spacing is key in events like this. But then the driver himself/herself also needs to be prepared and know how to react. If you dont trust your car you should not push it. Get comfortable with it before you push it. I tell most people that but some people just dont get it and ignore those small things I tell them and own themselves. Slow in fast out does work.
Old 01-19-10, 08:44 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Im with ya on that.Set it up ill for sure show up.