North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Looking for a One Stop Shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-10, 02:59 PM
pfeezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a One Stop Shop

Hey Guys,

I need a place that I can order some coilovers, RCA camber kit, and get it all installed along WITH getting an Alignment as well from 1 shop if possible. And possibly getting help with getting the right set up to get as close to hellaflush as I can. I live in Arlington so anything close to home would be nice but i dont have an issue with traveling a bit for some good work. I already have my fenders shaved in the rears. I got a quote for TEIN CS installed for 1600 but requires and alignment from another company. I had a few problems finding a shop that does alignments for low cars. Plus seems like NTB wont touch cars with Camber kits, or am I wrong? Anyways, thats why i want to find 1 shop who knows how to align aftermarket suspensions.

Question: Im not a big fan tire stretching, but is it possible to be hellaflush and not have camber and stretching? I would like to tuck the tires on my 20's a bit.

Names and phone number and address of local shops please. thanks guys. Im on this site almost everyday but i hardly post.
Old 02-19-10, 07:15 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It isnt possible to be "hellaflush" and be in "alignment" so basiclly just drop the car until it clears the fenders. the only thing you can do is change the " toe in" cause when you slam it & it cambers, its toed in. you can do that yourself if you have a tapemeasure. make it even across the front of the tire left to right & even across the back of the tires left to right. (front then rear) i might know of a shop that will do that for ya.

Last edited by spdrcr771; 02-20-10 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-20-10, 01:50 AM
nolexhere
Driver

Where are you located pfeezy? Also what car you looking to do this on?
Old 02-20-10, 08:13 AM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like some more research is in order.

You wont go near low enough to be "hellaflush" with tein CS. They are a great coilover, but just wont go as low as what you might be expecting. Most of those guys stretch tires because they are running very aggressive offsets. You might post up what the specs are on your wheels and what size tires you plan on running. Also, what car is this going on?

As for the 1 stop shop approach, Im sure some performance shops would be happy ordering parts for you at a premium. NTB Grapevine has an in-ground alignment rack for all your lowered car needs.
Old 02-20-10, 10:32 AM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

NTB in Mansfield has one too I've heard...
Old 02-20-10, 11:30 AM
pfeezy
Driver School Candidate

Im in Arlington near Mansfield. This is on my 03 gs300 sports design. I am on 20x10 in the rears not sure about the offset, but i would guess -30. I know this is ghetto, but i have a 275\30\20 on one rim and 255\30\20 on the other. I havent decided which tire i want to go with depending on my drop and clearence that i plan to do. I was thinking that on 20's i might be able to tuck the tires a bit on the lowest setting. I also wanted to get the RCA I guess i will just have to forget about the hellaflush and work with some spacers. I included the link to the thread about the RCA. It says they lower the rears another 3/4ths inch. Do you think i would be able to tuck the tires a bit with the coilovers along with this RCA?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...gs98-05-a.html

Last edited by pfeezy; 02-20-10 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-21-10, 02:54 AM
nolexhere
Driver

20x10 -30? Are you sure about that? If those are the specs that's way past flush or even hellaflush lol. You definitely need to start running the same size tires on both wheels. Before I looked at the link I thought you were talking about control arms until I looked at them and they are just correction blocks. I didn't read it all but the point of them seems to be to return the camber to factory or close to factory spec. Depending on your drops, wheels, and so on you may not need to worry about getting those. Once you give us the exact specs of your rims, front and rear, we can go from there on fitment. On side note don't believe they want $400 for that. . . .
Old 02-21-10, 05:04 AM
pfeezy
Driver School Candidate

Sorry, i meant +30. Its nothing too aggressive. Depending on my drop, i will be getting the tires to match. I really like the look of the 275's. You dont think i will need the camber kit? I wonder if the camber kit and the lowering blocks come as a set or not. What coilover system would you guys recommend for the most comfort but goes fairly low. I just wont to tuck the tire a bit not the wheel. I did alot of research on here and i decided on the Comfort Sport but dont know how low they actually go.

http://www.exactmotorsports.com/GSRCA.html
Old 02-21-10, 07:11 AM
ritz
Lead Lap

the NTB in plano, at the corner of Coit and GB, also has a floor-level alignment system.
Old 02-21-10, 09:35 AM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Your only one stop shop that I can think of that can install all of that along with an alignment will be Cobb Tuning in Plano.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/
Old 02-21-10, 08:17 PM
pfeezy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys... after further research, im gonna go with BCR coilovers to slam and i will give NTB a holler first to make sure they can assist me.
Old 02-22-10, 06:18 AM
nolexhere
Driver

As in BC racing? I don't recall any gs's on them but they give good drops on most cars so I imagine same goes for the gs. Not to mention they are budget friendly too which is a good plus. A 275/30 is a good fit on that size rim as it's not really stretched or stuffed. $400 or $300 if the discount is still happening is just for the rear "camber kit". I didn't catch the cost of the front kit but it's literally nothing more than a block of metal, I'm assuming regular steel, so I'd hope it wouldn't be much. You only need them if you want to add in some positive camber or really drop the car.
Old 02-22-10, 10:21 AM
pfeezy
Driver School Candidate

Yeah BC Racing. I heard they are manufactured in the same factory as Megans, but i was told BCRs are like a better Version of the Megans. I ordered them this morning. THe guy told me i may need 2 from adjustable arms and 2 rear camber bolts costing over 500 so i passed. I may just look into the RCA kit from the link I posted above. I dont drive the GS much so i want to go pretty low if the coilovers provide a decent ride still.
Old 02-23-10, 12:56 AM
nolexhere
Driver

Wait the guy selling you the coils said you needed extra parts to just install them? That's total bull. The company that sell/produce BC coils also make lots of other coilovers for different names out there in the same factory. The BC ones are just their own personal brand and they should work good for you. I used to have a list of all the coilovers made with them but I really forget them at the moment lol. Japan outsources just like we do except their stuff goes to Vietnam, Taiwan, and Ect. Anyway back to those extra parts. Camber bolts are generally a rather generic item but on gs' they seem to be a bit different so you actually need specific and therefore more expensive parts. There are also a couple different options out there for the car when it comes to camber adjustment. For the most part they all are trying to give positive camber and are not very adjustable. Once you lower the car to the height you want you can go from there and see if the camber is to much for you before you go and spend ~$500. If you do want to change the camber in the future it will cost around that $500 mark though. At least that's from what I have seen.
Old 02-23-10, 11:26 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

yea hes right. my daizen camber kit just front (camber bushings) like 150-200 and my car isnt dropped very far like 2.5 max & they just bearly get my car back in factor spec range.