North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

If you know of anyone who has....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 07:34 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you know of anyone who has....

happened to acquire a jun-tw rear roof spoiler, painted tungsten pearl, lately and suddenly....

I had one stolen from my car at some point in the last week. I just today looked at it and thought..."mm something's missing." and it was gone. It was recently at park place for 2 days getting a new catalytic converter. I got my car back today and noticed right away it was gone. Then again I cant remember "noticing" it recently since it's a normal part of my car by now.

It was on there good ...that strong double sided tape. I'm not aware it would "fall off." There was zero residue on the window when I noticed it missing. I clean my windows often enough that I would have immediately noticed if any strong adhesive was there. i believe a razor and goo gone would be needed to get that off. So it was undoubtedly removed.

My car is parked in a garage unless shopping or something.

Should I complain to park place? not like it could be proved or is even likely.
Old 03-18-10, 08:17 PM
DallasIS
Pole Position

u might want them to look into it.. i turned my car in for service and noticed my Cd's were missing when i pickd it up 1week later, couldn't remember if it even had cd's in there i barely listen to them and it was so long that i've seen my car, sure enough the tech that worked on my car had stolen them and place them in his own car, they "looked" into it and ended up just paying me for 6 new cd's.. u never know, they'll do anything to keep ur business sometimes
Old 03-18-10, 10:42 PM
lo_dit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang that's rough, sucks that they could possibly have taken a body piece off the car. stuff inside the car is always a must to take out. sucks to hear, hopefully you'll find a lead somewhere.
Old 03-19-10, 12:01 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

The problem with the idea of someone there taking it is:

I always had one little area where there was a gap in the tape and EVERY time i wash my car i ***** cause soapy water comes out of that area after i've rinsed and dried it. I dont remember thinking that last time. And...again. I cant remember when the last time i looked and said "oh there's my rear window spoiler"

The problem with the idea that someone took it when parked is, again, that someone took time to remove all the adhesive from the window. My car is never anywhere public longer than at the grocery store.
Old 03-19-10, 12:02 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DallasIS
u might want them to look into it.. i turned my car in for service and noticed my Cd's were missing when i pickd it up 1week later, couldn't remember if it even had cd's in there i barely listen to them and it was so long that i've seen my car, sure enough the tech that worked on my car had stolen them and place them in his own car, they "looked" into it and ended up just paying me for 6 new cd's.. u never know, they'll do anything to keep ur business sometimes
Was this at Park Place?
Old 03-19-10, 02:41 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Uh oh...that's not good. GL with tracking it down, man.
Old 03-19-10, 06:08 PM
ritz
Lead Lap

that blows, it most certainly happened at a place where it sat for longer than a grocery store visit, because to scrub that adhesive off isnt a 5min job. i took my badges off and to scrub the goo off the back was a PITA :/
Old 03-19-10, 07:15 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

My service advisor at park place called me back and said "the technician is 90% sure he didnt see it on there and he's a straight shooter."

When I first called about it I was told that "we have cameras in the service drop-off area that we can check." Should i request that or is that a jerk move?
Old 03-19-10, 07:41 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

By all means, you should request it.
Old 03-19-10, 09:32 PM
Trav7414
Intermediate

I would absolutely request for video, since they said they have cameras at drop-off area. That way you can trust them in the future services
Old 03-22-10, 04:43 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Yeah, I just wrote them an offical, and professional email contact requesting to be contacted by the service manager about viewing tapes.

I suppose it's just as unlikely that a place like park place would have an employee do this as it is that someone (someone looking for an IS specific part) is stealing and cleaning remnants in broad daylight
Old 03-22-10, 05:02 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by patrick323
Yeah, I just wrote them an offical, and professional email contact requesting to be contacted by the service manager about viewing tapes.

I suppose it's just as unlikely that a place like park place would have an employee do this as it is that someone (someone looking for an IS specific part) is stealing and cleaning remnants in broad daylight
This type of **** happens everywhere. If they do catch someone off of the tape, you at least have other Lexus dealerships to choose from.
Old 03-24-10, 12:22 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Check the video. See if it was still on your car when it pulled into the service bay.
Old 03-24-10, 12:30 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Check the video. See if it was still on your car when it pulled into the service bay.
I asked them....I am still waiting for a call back.

And hey, jeff. WOuld you have a few min in the next day or two to meet me for some questions/help. I want to do my own brakes but i dont have a micrometer to measure the rotor and not sure how to tell (aside from a measurement) if a new rotor is needed based on other things (warping or what not).

I sent you a text.
Old 03-24-10, 01:32 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

They just sent me an email of a still shot from their drop off camera. It's so small and such crappy resolution that it's very hard to see a subtle rear window fin but...it appears as though it was not on as best I can tell.

Someone had to have pulled it off and cleaned up their mess (there's no doubt that they cleaned it up after they took it. So it was obviously someone with an IS, and someone with '*****' to do it in a public place.

GRRRRR. Well maybe it gives me an excuse to get a new one in carbon fiber.

Quick Reply: If you know of anyone who has....