North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Got busted on red light camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-10, 12:06 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got busted on red light camera

Received a letter/ticket in mail and on it (as well as online) are two pictures. One of me just into the intersection of a red light. The next of me through the intersection of the red light.

I'll GLADLY pay 75 bucks if i can somehow get those in glossy 8X10s. They have to have digital files of it somewhere. I wonder if i can get a digital copy. And if that's the case. I might consider driving through it again, with "the bird" out of the moonroof for yet more photos.

Old 06-13-10, 04:43 PM
ritz
Lead Lap

lol do i hear a new sig on the way?
Old 06-14-10, 07:18 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i got one too...off legacy and tollway.........sucks!
Old 06-19-10, 10:04 PM
HVisone
Rookie

Originally Posted by patrick323
Received a letter/ticket in mail and on it (as well as online) are two pictures. One of me just into the intersection of a red light. The next of me through the intersection of the red light.

I'll GLADLY pay 75 bucks if i can somehow get those in glossy 8X10s. They have to have digital files of it somewhere. I wonder if i can get a digital copy. And if that's the case. I might consider driving through it again, with "the bird" out of the moonroof for yet more photos.

Make an "OPEN RECORDS request...and demand the digital file....they must give it to you, or go to jail after your complaint with our sorry attorney general is filed....
Old 06-20-10, 09:12 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

All I can say is dont PAY it. I got one in arlington, still havent paid it & I got my car inspected & registered too. IT BIG BS.
Old 06-20-10, 10:32 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
All I can say is dont PAY it. I got one in arlington, still havent paid it & I got my car inspected & registered too. IT BIG BS.
Seriously?

Can anyone second this claim?

In my hometown they had put up a stationary radar thing that sent you a ticket if speeding but the city ended up having to take it down.

Someone told me here in TX now they even have things that time you light to light for speeding. I dont think that would hold up so well with the public but I was under the assumption that a red light ticket from a camera was something you simply had to pay. Then again it's kinda screwy that the ticket was not from the city where it was in. It was from the company that makes these cameras, in AZ.
Old 06-20-10, 10:33 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Have you since been pulled over in arlington PAST the date you were to have paid it? Or do inspections and registration run you for warrants?
Old 06-21-10, 12:27 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by patrick323
Seriously?

Can anyone second this claim?

In my hometown they had put up a stationary radar thing that sent you a ticket if speeding but the city ended up having to take it down.

Someone told me here in TX now they even have things that time you light to light for speeding. I dont think that would hold up so well with the public but I was under the assumption that a red light ticket from a camera was something you simply had to pay. Then again it's kinda screwy that the ticket was not from the city where it was in. It was from the company that makes these cameras, in AZ.
Thats right its from a 3rd party company that is sending you the ticket & you pay them, then, they pay whatever city it was in. Its a civil case. They cant prove it was you driving the car, just that it ran a red light. The only think they might be able to do is send the bill to a collection agency. But its been months & I have yet to get a letter from any agency,stating that im in collections. Guy at my work says he & his family have gotten several & done nothing about them.
Old 06-21-10, 01:03 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Thats right its from a 3rd party company that is sending you the ticket & you pay them, then, they pay whatever city it was in. Its a civil case. They cant prove it was you driving the car, just that it ran a red light. The only think they might be able to do is send the bill to a collection agency. But its been months & I have yet to get a letter from any agency,stating that im in collections. Guy at my work says he & his family have gotten several & done nothing about them.
That's awesome and not that I dont believe you but if anyone else has a similar experience or knows someone directly (not heard of someone) with a similar experience then of course I wont pay it.
Old 06-23-10, 02:16 PM
IanHen
Rookie

Without looking it up I believe they make the owner responsible, and don't have to prove who is driving.
When I was in Germany a work colleague got a speeding ticket at lunch time with the wife, who also worked with us. Both Americans.
It was the wife who got bent out of shape at the nice pictures of the driver and passenger sent by mail. Her point was "what if it was the other woman !! "