North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Feedback Request: Proposed 9/11 Show for the Troops @ TMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-11, 03:33 PM
SuperCPA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Feedback Request: Proposed 9/11 Show for the Troops @ TMS

I am approaching each of you in effort to get a good unfiltered response here.

What I have in the works:

Cliff notes:

A car show at TMS on this 10th anniversary of 9/11 (Patriot Day) that will give absolutely 100% of its gross proceeds to a well respected charity specifically designed to help our U.S. troops in need of financial assistance. No gimmicks, no BS about it. All services on hand are paid for privately or donated.

Details:

Although I belong to several car clubs around DFW, this is not being billed under the guise of bringing in funds for neither me nor any other group other than the charity in question. Coming from a family with a very long U.S. military background, I have very strong feelings about this cause.

"Operation Sweet 16": My 15 year old niece has decided that the extravagance that is shelled out for many sweet 16 birthday parties (especially those seen on MTV) could be better put to use. In lieu of a birthday party of this nature, she is determined to raise $16,000 to donate to Operation Once In A Lifetime by the time her 16th birthday arrives 03.16.12. She decided to launch her campaign on Memorial Day this year. Since then, she has been working diligently to meet her goal. This event would be organized to help her meet and hopefully exceed that goal by the time her 16th birthday arrives. She has a website up and running at www.operationsweet16.org that provides the full details about this inspiring wish. I invite you to please if nothing else, visit her website to see what she is attempting to accomplish for our men and women of the military. Obviously, if you feel strong enough about the cause, you can make even a small donation to our troops in need through her website.

Event: Patriot Day Support Show
Date: 09.11.11 (Patriot Day)
Time: 12:00 – 17:00 (Proposed)
Registration Donation: $10.00 (Would $15.00 be too much? If it has wheels, it is welcome)

I know that it would be cooler to have this at night; but, not very many people want to go to a car show on a Sunday evening. Having this on Saturday evening 09.10.11 detracts from its significance in my opinion. Besides, it will still not be as hot as it is for our military serving in the Middle East!

1. Security personnel will be in position throughout the show
2. We would have an area that can accommodate 2500+ cars
3. Restrooms will be made available next to the show at the small circle track
4. Trash receptacles will be adequately provided by TMS as well.
5. I am working with multiple vendors and will announce them as I can get some more things nailed down.

I have to act quickly. If I can get a good feel of the potential participation level from you, I will be able to better determine its viability. Your responses are now welcomed and thank you for taking time to hear me out.

- Carl
Old 07-14-11, 04:03 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That is actually a great act of kindness for someone so young.

I'll either go or donate some $$$
Old 07-14-11, 04:12 PM
SuperCPA
Rookie

Originally Posted by huy33
That is actually a great act of kindness for someone so young.

I'll either go or donate some $$$
Thank you! I was blown away when she launched it. I was immediately compelled to see if there would be a way to support her on a larger scale.
Old 07-15-11, 07:17 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

This is way cool. I'll prolly be there.
Old 07-15-11, 08:40 AM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds much better than that RKC nonsense already. Im sure we can round up NTL for this, especially since its at TMS. Any chance we'll get to drive on the oval?
Old 07-15-11, 06:44 PM
VPIS350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may go if I'm not in Vegas with my CUZ who is in Afghan right now!
Old 07-16-11, 03:29 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm guessing donations are tax-deductibles also?
Old 07-19-11, 01:37 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Id be in. do it up!!!!! Yea Ive been out there for other charities, where you pay to drive on the track, like $25. So 10 to get in and 25 for 3 laps would be great.
Old 07-26-11, 02:18 PM
SuperCPA
Rookie

Originally Posted by Matador
Sounds much better than that RKC nonsense already. Im sure we can round up NTL for this, especially since its at TMS. Any chance we'll get to drive on the oval?
Unfortunately, the oval will be closed for driving school classes going on that same day.

Originally Posted by huy33
I'm guessing donations are tax-deductibles also?
Absolutely!

Thank you for all your responses. I have received confirmation from Texas Motor Speedway and have secured the necessary other requirements for this event. That means it is on! I will post up a flyer and additional event details as they roll in.
Old 07-26-11, 03:31 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperCPA
Unfortunately, the oval will be closed for driving school classes going on that same day.

Absolutely!

Thank you for all your responses. I have received confirmation from Texas Motor Speedway and have secured the necessary other requirements for this event. That means it is on! I will post up a flyer and additional event details as they roll in.
Thats awesome, tell your daughter she is super cool for getting this started. Looking forward to this.
Old 08-02-11, 12:58 PM
SuperCPA
Rookie

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Thats awesome, tell your daughter she is super cool for getting this started. Looking forward to this.
Thank you Tori is my niece; but, I do hope my daughter who is now only seven grows up to be just as cool. She is on a good start. I cannot even go near my hot rods without having her next to me with wrenches in hand.

On another note, if any of you would like to meet Tori and her Operation Sweet 16 crew before the 9/11 event, they will be appearing at our car show this Sunday 08.07.11.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...ml#post6531860
Old 08-09-11, 08:01 PM
NAiL05
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill try to make it
Old 08-22-11, 03:43 PM
SuperCPA
Rookie

This show is a GO! I have started a separate and official thread about it. Thank you everyone for your support and I hope to see as many of you there as possible. Don't forget to tell your friends and feel free to post about it on other websites.