North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Good Price Lowering Spring Labor in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-19 | 12:02 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Default Good Price Lowering Spring Labor in DFW

Does anyone know of a good shop or reputable member in the DFW who would install my lowering springs for me? I'm really not comfortable tackling this job myself, and some of the shops I have contacted are quoting very high.

I have a set of new RSR lowering Springs
2014 Lexus IS (RWD)

Any help with a recommendation would be much appreciated

Last edited by whoismiked; 02-17-20 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-07-19 | 06:01 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Well this thread can be closed. I found a great Shop finally. I called almost every single shop within a 100 mile radius of me (Fort Worth) and wrote down all the quotes, most averaged around 600 but many of them where in the 800-900 range. Way too high. I almost went and rented a spring compressor and was going to attempt this myself.

I finally found a place with stellar reviews, specializes in suspension work on high end cars and they quoted a very reasonable price of $350. Speaking with them It was very apparent they were very knowledgeable about exactly what the installation entailed, whereas some other shops were quoting 9 hours lol. They quoted 3.5 hours and said they have done the same job on other 3IS cars before.

The shop I ended up with was "GIO Tire Shop & Automotive" in Arlington, Tx. These guys were very cool, very knowledgeable, detail oriented, and very good at what they do. I can't recommend them enough. They had the job done in 3.5 hours and it came out perfect and I couldn't be happier with their level of customer service and the results. They had a lot of really sick cars they were also doing work on in the shop at the time too, which eased my worries (GTR's, Z06 Vet, ect). They also have a stellar reputation for their alignment service. They dialed my alignment in perfect after the installation. The alignment was an additional $95, which was well worth the price.

I will defiantly be a repeat customer with these guys anytime I ever need any suspension / tire / alignment work done in the future, they most likely offer other great services too that I am unaware of.

Last edited by whoismiked; 10-07-19 at 06:13 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by whoismiked:
DaveGS4 (10-09-19), gefax (10-17-19), SolidJ (03-06-20)
Old 12-06-19 | 02:47 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Arlignton is a slight drive for me but if it means getting the job done right, I will make the trip. I recently bought front upper control arms and rear upper links and since the install my toe has been way out of wack. Ill have to give them a call. Thank you for your post!

Originally Posted by whoismiked
Well this thread can be closed. I found a great Shop finally. I called almost every single shop within a 100 mile radius of me (Fort Worth) and wrote down all the quotes, most averaged around 600 but many of them where in the 800-900 range. Way too high. I almost went and rented a spring compressor and was going to attempt this myself.

I finally found a place with stellar reviews, specializes in suspension work on high end cars and they quoted a very reasonable price of $350. Speaking with them It was very apparent they were very knowledgeable about exactly what the installation entailed, whereas some other shops were quoting 9 hours lol. They quoted 3.5 hours and said they have done the same job on other 3IS cars before.

The shop I ended up with was "GIO Tire Shop & Automotive" in Arlington, Tx. These guys were very cool, very knowledgeable, detail oriented, and very good at what they do. I can't recommend them enough. They had the job done in 3.5 hours and it came out perfect and I couldn't be happier with their level of customer service and the results. They had a lot of really sick cars they were also doing work on in the shop at the time too, which eased my worries (GTR's, Z06 Vet, ect). They also have a stellar reputation for their alignment service. They dialed my alignment in perfect after the installation. The alignment was an additional $95, which was well worth the price.

I will defiantly be a repeat customer with these guys anytime I ever need any suspension / tire / alignment work done in the future, they most likely offer other great services too that I am unaware of.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (02-17-20)