Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

*** Reputable Places In NY/NJ Area ***.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-06, 07:06 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I thought ied throw my two cents in.

Lorenzo Tint in the bronx near Yonkers does an AMMMMMAAAAAZING job at, yeah you guessed it, tint. Funk Master Flex gets his rides done there, I actually watched Lorenzo do one of funk's brand new cars, a red ford mustang. Lorenzo orginally did my mothers 2005 LS430 with 15% tint but after not being able to see and the cops bothering her she got them removed and he did it up with 50%. It was sad to see the tint go but Lorenzo and his team didnt mess up the defroster or anything.

Back in September of THIS year I had him Redo my front two windows on my LX470 that i had some shady guy do for cheap and make them 5% along with adding 17% to the REST of the car to match it up to 5% all around.

I saw a 2006 GS300 AWD he also did, guy was from queens, dark blue with black interior, heck you may even be a CL member.

Anyways Lorenzo does a realllllly nice job with the tint at the edges of the window and goes down deep under the sill to make sure your covered.

Lorenzo is "Less than a 30 minute trip from all 5 Boroughs, Westchester and Rockland Counties, Lower Connecticut, Eastern New Jersey and Western Long Island" qouted straight from his website....

www.lorenzotint.com

If you need your Lexus tinted, check him out, give him a call, tell him Blair with the LX470 and the LS430 sent you and he should hook you up with a good price.

PS they also do a good detail job, im thinking of swinging by there right now to get my truck detailed
Old 01-16-06, 07:31 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX

Lorenzo Tint in the bronx near Yonkers does an AMMMMMAAAAAZING job at, yeah you guessed it, tint. Funk Master Flex gets his rides done there, I actually watched Lorenzo do one of funk's brand new cars, a red ford mustang. Lorenzo orginally did my mothers 2005 LS430 with 15% tint but after not being able to see and the cops bothering her she got them removed and he did it up with 50%. It was sad to see the tint go but Lorenzo and his team didnt mess up the defroster or anything.

Back in September of THIS year I had him Redo my front two windows on my LX470 that i had some shady guy do for cheap and make them 5% along with adding 17% to the REST of the car to match it up to 5% all around.

I saw a 2006 GS300 AWD he also did, guy was from queens, dark blue with black interior, heck you may even be a CL member.

Anyways Lorenzo does a realllllly nice job with the tint at the edges of the window and goes down deep under the sill to make sure your covered.

Lorenzo is "Less than a 30 minute trip from all 5 Boroughs, Westchester and Rockland Counties, Lower Connecticut, Eastern New Jersey and Western Long Island" qouted straight from his website....

www.lorenzotint.com

If you need your Lexus tinted, check him out, give him a call, tell him Blair with the LX470 and the LS430 sent you and he should hook you up with a good price.

PS they also do a good detail job, im thinking of swinging by there right now to get my truck detailed
I'll have to agree with you that Lorenzo does an awesome tint job as that was my blue onyx pearl GS300 AWD you saw getting tinted. I had him do 35% all around and was extremely satisfied with the quality of the install. I was also there to see him work on Flex's red Mustang, and another blue onyx pearl IS250. Although a bit on the expensive side, I highly recommend him to anyone who won't settle for a tint job that is nothing less than perfection. Even if you aren't satisfied with his job, he'll redo it until you agree that it can't be any better.
Old 01-16-06, 08:17 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT
I'll have to agree with you that Lorenzo does an awesome tint job as that was my blue onyx pearl GS300 AWD you saw getting tinted. I had him do 35% all around and was extremely satisfied with the quality of the install. I was also there to see him work on Flex's red Mustang, and another blue onyx pearl IS250. Although a bit on the expensive side, I highly recommend him to anyone who won't settle for a tint job that is nothing less than perfection. Even if you aren't satisfied with his job, he'll redo it until you agree that it can't be any better.
How much did he charge?
Old 01-16-06, 09:12 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

www.lorenzotint.com

the site has a link to a company that does clear bras also
Old 01-16-06, 09:57 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
How much did he charge?
$350 w/lifetime warranty.
Old 01-16-06, 10:55 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SGT
$350 w/lifetime warranty.
That is a good price, I will have to make a trek out there to get darker tints.
Old 01-16-06, 10:16 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

oh craplitiods, SGT, it was YOU i saw. cool. See your sig now, So you went with the 3M clearbra? Did you get the Kit or have him make a custom one?

Yea the link to the clearbras on his site is also him, thats him doing the film on the Escalade.
Old 01-17-06, 05:28 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mb12345
This is an interesting thread. Are there any recommendations on good shops in Westchester County, NY or Fairfield County, CT area?

Lexusk8 -- I know your recommendation will be the Lexus of Westport dealer I have been there and agree they are good, but way too expensive. The Lexus of Greenwich is even more expensive.
Havent seen many if any shops listed around my area. I was curious if anyone knew of a good place for SUV rims/tires somewhere in Westchester Co. or anywhere within 35miles. Im looking to get 18" or 20" rims for my LX, something classy yet still holds a lexus refined look to it.
Old 01-17-06, 02:55 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

oh craplitiods, SGT, it was YOU i saw. cool. See your sig now, So you went with the 3M clearbra? Did you get the Kit or have him make a custom one?

Yea the link to the clearbras on his site is also him, thats him doing the film on the Escalade.
Yeah, I got the 3M clear bra but not from Lorenzo. For that, I went to Detailing Dynamics. From what I know, it isn't a pre-cut kit.
Old 01-17-06, 03:35 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaizenLex
I can recommend two mechanics

First one is A&I Diagnostics located on 161-16 46th ave flushing NY
First handedly i have gone to him for more than 7 years, he did my tune up for $9 00 including all the parts timing belt and water pump, hes very knowledgable and honestly believes Lexus far outbeats anything, oh by the way he hates working on benzes he says theyre nothing but a piece of shiiiii. So i dont suggest you bring one there

Next is a guy named Jerry in LI at the end of glen cove rd, he is featured in Import tuner, he used to be a lexus technician for 7 years working for rallye lexus. If you need his exact address i can tell you how to get there, just pm me.

I warn you these guys are usually extremely busy dont expect your car to be next in line when you get there. hope this helped i can tell you where not to go thought.

BIG BOYS TOYS (queens Blvd)
tooo expensive
ILLUSIONS (queens blvd)
They didnt even install my xm sattelite radio correctly i had to do it. Idiots
SPEEDWORLD (Queens blvd)
they didnt even know what HID's were

Queens blvd is a very shady place ive been to almost every one of those shops they all have theyre faults big time, so make sure you ask me before you do anything expensive, i will give you firsthand answers

I can vouch for A&I diagnostics, i literally live 30 seconds from there and take my car there when i have a problem....im always serviced by Arthur very VERY good and knowledable..... i took the car there about 5 times, and 4 outta 5 he didn't even charge me (i took it for problems i thought where big and it turned out to be something very simple....he put the car on the lift...thoroughly checked it out, drove it....and still didn't charge me), the guy didnt even wanna take my tip, it was ridiculous....they always have clientele, ALWAYS, its 6:45 now and they're still open.....id get serviced if i drove there right now, i highly recommend them. I'm about to get my coilovers installed by them this weekend, ill keep you guys posted on the price and result.
Old 01-18-06, 05:45 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tone
I can vouch for A&I diagnostics, i literally live 30 seconds from there and take my car there when i have a problem....im always serviced by Arthur very VERY good and knowledable..... i took the car there about 5 times, and 4 outta 5 he didn't even charge me (i took it for problems i thought where big and it turned out to be something very simple....he put the car on the lift...thoroughly checked it out, drove it....and still didn't charge me), the guy didnt even wanna take my tip, it was ridiculous....they always have clientele, ALWAYS, its 6:45 now and they're still open.....id get serviced if i drove there right now, i highly recommend them. I'm about to get my coilovers installed by them this weekend, ill keep you guys posted on the price and result.
So your car has no issues now?
Old 10-09-09, 10:36 PM
hung8852
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

digged up a old thread..pretty good info for reputable areas. think we can sticky this?
Old 10-13-09, 07:49 PM
faceoff101
Driver

great thread
Old 10-15-09, 07:25 AM
hung8852
Pole Position

So I went to D&I Diagnostics last saturday for rotor,brakepads and springs installation. I gotta say, it went really well. I got there at 11 and it was done by 2. Very reasonably priced too. If you need a place to do installations ..you gotta go here.
Old 10-15-09, 07:26 AM
hung8852
Pole Position

Btw, anyone know a place to do alignments? I live in bergen county,nj.

Quick Reply: *** Reputable Places In NY/NJ Area ***.