Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

*** Reputable Places In NY/NJ Area ***.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-03, 03:43 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up *** Reputable Places In NY/NJ Area ***.

Okay, I think we should start a thread where we list REPUTABLE places to do stereo, suspension, bodywork, engine in the local NY/NJ area. I always see threads about finding a good place to do this or do that, and I think we should have one thread naming all the quality places to go to. Though, I want to point out to follow some criterias

1) You must have been to the place and know FIRST HAND that they do a great job.
2) Please don't list some place where "your friend" says it is a good place.
3) Don't list a place because the owner is a "nice guy"
4) The price of installation can be moderate or a little on the expensive side, but the most important thing is that the shop DOES A GOOD JOB and IS NOT SHADY.

I'll start

Stereo Installation

1) Global Auto Toys located in Queens Blvd. Now, I have several things done there like having my headunit installed, and speakers as well. The price they charge is fair and sometimes a little on the expensive side, but from what I see they do a good job. Had my headunit installed a little over a year and so far nothing is wrong with the installation (knock on wood). Plus lifetime warranty on all their work.

Alignment Shop

1) George And Harry Alignment: Located on 10th Ave and 60th Street in Brooklyn. This guy is the only guy that I have found that can align my 20's with a 3 inch drop. They have the Hunter Balancing Machine and he takes his time with each individual car.

Mechanic: Still haven't found a SUPERB place that knows Lexus like their back of their hand.

BodyWork: Same thing as my statement above.

I started this thread so people can go to places to do whatever to their car and not be worried if they are going to do a good job or if those guys are crooks. If anyone have any negative comments on the shops that I just name, PLEASE DO SAY SOMETHING, so we can get this out in the open. But from what I can see, those two shops that I named is good in my book.
Old 11-26-03, 03:41 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Diesel, where is this George and Harry shop? I pass by 60th and 10th everyday and can't find it. Only thing on that corner is the Radiator shop and the fruit store.

Ed
Old 11-30-03, 07:22 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Its by the gas station. You can't miss it. Let me double check the location. I am 99% sure its the right location.

Hey guys, NO ONE ELSE has any place to list?? This thread been here for awhile.
I thought this would be a good thread.
Old 12-01-03, 04:27 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

I saw it today. It's on 11th and 60th Street., by the BP Amaco.

Ed
Old 12-01-03, 04:30 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Best Suspension/Tire/Wheel Place I've ever been to...

Bordentown, NJ
R&W Tire is the name of the company right past Mastori's (if your familiar with the area)

I've had my rims, shocks and springs, and coilovers done there. they have special lifts for cars that are low and do excellent work.

Cost is average but service is excellent. I've been going there for about 2 years.

-Anthony

Last edited by Captain Bone; 12-01-03 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-01-03, 08:11 PM
Blackmarket
Pole Position

Diesal, where on queens blvd is the audio shop?
Old 12-01-03, 11:16 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can recommend two mechanics

First one is A&I Diagnostics located on 161-16 46th ave flushing NY
First handedly i have gone to him for more than 7 years, he did my tune up for $9 00 including all the parts timing belt and water pump, hes very knowledgable and honestly believes Lexus far outbeats anything, oh by the way he hates working on benzes he says theyre nothing but a piece of shiiiii. So i dont suggest you bring one there

Next is a guy named Jerry in LI at the end of glen cove rd, he is featured in Import tuner, he used to be a lexus technician for 7 years working for rallye lexus. If you need his exact address i can tell you how to get there, just pm me.

I warn you these guys are usually extremely busy dont expect your car to be next in line when you get there. hope this helped i can tell you where not to go thought.

BIG BOYS TOYS (queens Blvd)
tooo expensive
ILLUSIONS (queens blvd)
They didnt even install my xm sattelite radio correctly i had to do it. Idiots
SPEEDWORLD (Queens blvd)
they didnt even know what HID's were

Queens blvd is a very shady place ive been to almost every one of those shops they all have theyre faults big time, so make sure you ask me before you do anything expensive, i will give you firsthand answers
The following users liked this post:
yorellevy (07-12-20)
Old 12-01-03, 11:20 PM
LexFather

Wow Queens Blvd. I used to walk there sometimes as a kid. 55th St woodside. Mahn, those were the days.
Old 12-02-03, 01:36 PM
Blackmarket
Pole Position

Are there any good automotive stores in queens?
Old 12-02-03, 10:20 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

For Lexus ummmm No. Honestly
I would go online to purchase any parts and go to an independent mechanic to install them.
Old 12-03-03, 09:45 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Blackmarket
Diesal, where on queens blvd is the audio shop?

This is going to sound dumb, I don't know the exact address, when I get home I will check. I know how to get there because I just know which exit to get off and know the location by memory. It is like 3 blocks away from Speed World if u know where that is. I will let u know.
Old 12-03-03, 09:47 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DaizenLex
I can recommend two mechanics

First one is A&I Diagnostics located on 161-16 46th ave flushing NY
First handedly i have gone to him for more than 7 years, he did my tune up for $9 00 including all the parts timing belt and water pump, hes very knowledgable and honestly believes Lexus far outbeats anything, oh by the way he hates working on benzes he says theyre nothing but a piece of shiiiii. So i dont suggest you bring one there

Next is a guy named Jerry in LI at the end of glen cove rd, he is featured in Import tuner, he used to be a lexus technician for 7 years working for rallye lexus. If you need his exact address i can tell you how to get there, just pm me.

I warn you these guys are usually extremely busy dont expect your car to be next in line when you get there. hope this helped i can tell you where not to go thought.

BIG BOYS TOYS (queens Blvd)
tooo expensive
ILLUSIONS (queens blvd)
They didnt even install my xm sattelite radio correctly i had to do it. Idiots
SPEEDWORLD (Queens blvd)
they didnt even know what HID's were

Queens blvd is a very shady place ive been to almost every one of those shops they all have theyre faults big time, so make sure you ask me before you do anything expensive, i will give you firsthand answers
Daizenlex, what are ur thoughts on Global Auto toys? I am planning to install a JL W7 , but if you know a better place that does a good job in and out, please let us know
Old 12-03-03, 09:48 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SC300Es
I saw it today. It's on 11th and 60th Street., by the BP Amaco.

Ed
ahh yes, I was wrong by one avenue . Talk to george he is great!
Old 12-16-03, 03:56 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

I hear theyre ok but stay oaway from queens blvd go to best buy or circuit city where everything is done with a guarantee.
Old 12-22-03, 02:10 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

There is an audio place called proline on flatbush ave right off of myrtle ave in BKLYN that does good work and they have great prices. You have to go there or call to set the time you want to come. They put in my kicker L7 in the box, my amp, my wires, and my high to low for $78 bucks. They bridged it to the right ohms for me and everything. My one sub system knocks.

For audio equipment go to pro-audio on canal st and church ave in the city and ask for Johnny. Good stuff at a good price, you just have to haggle a little, just act like your going to leave and watch the price drop. Also if anything goes wrong like you blow a sub or an amp or a TV ect.. all you have to do is go back and they will give you a new one for $25 bucks with the trade of the blown unit.

For cheap parts call GB500 on foster ave in BKYLN, they sell every part you could think of at great prices.

Quick Reply: *** Reputable Places In NY/NJ Area ***.