Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Spring Meet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-04, 12:41 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So whats teh story fellas??

Date ?
Location?

whats up??
Old 03-09-04, 06:24 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if the meet was in Jersey...at the race track or something...that people from MD and DE would go.....Long Island is just so far away....going to new york is okay but Long Island is like another long ride....

I know the philly crew would go........I agree with some of the posts from earlier...We should just have one bigger one instead of smaller ones...it should be scheduled for the end of APRIL..so therefore everyone can plan in advance..just my 2 cents...
Old 03-09-04, 07:27 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

then

BROOKLYN it is!!

FLOYD BENNETT FIELD!
Old 03-09-04, 08:08 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Djdelite
I think if the meet was in Jersey...at the race track or something...that people from MD and DE would go.....Long Island is just so far away....going to new york is okay but Long Island is like another long ride....

I know the philly crew would go........I agree with some of the posts from earlier...We should just have one bigger one instead of smaller ones...it should be scheduled for the end of APRIL..so therefore everyone can plan in advance..just my 2 cents...
Why dont we see what the MD and DE head count will be... i agree that a long island meet could add like 20 - 30min to an already kinda long ride for the MD and DE guys.....so a Jersey meet may be cool......I'm down for whateva

but I'd rather a new york meet (lol....only cause i live here) but I'd travel to a CL meet in Jersey....so fellas lay a date .....

BTW: I'd also rather a April meet....March is still too cold for me......
Old 03-09-04, 08:21 PM
alexus
Pole Position

then i'd suggest first weekend after april 15th

that would be APRIL 17th! at noon at floyd bennet field !
Old 03-09-04, 11:43 PM
SCryder
Pole Position

im down for whatever whenever as long as its in NY
Old 03-10-04, 05:55 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation

Originally posted by alexus
then i'd suggest first weekend after april 15th

that would be APRIL 17th! at noon at floyd bennet field !
Isn't FBF not used for meets anymore because it was converted to a sports complex (or something like that)? That's the last I heard from Dennis (VSsc400).
Old 03-10-04, 12:07 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by lexusk8
Isn't FBF not used for meets anymore because it was converted to a sports complex (or something like that)? That's the last I heard from Dennis (VSsc400).
I remember something was not working with FBF last meet and thats why we did the Alley Pond park meet last time for the NY location.....Something about permits or whatever.....

Hey if some of the Jersey guys can get a good spot then please post away.......If that will make it easier for the MD,PA and DE guys then lets do that......I'm sure the CT and MA guys will convoy it down there.....it might be even easier for them, as getting into and out of NYC is sometimes the longest part of the trip.(Damn traffic!!).....

If it'll be a North Jersey meet then cool...I'm sure we could get enough of the NYC (5 borough) guys to convoy it to NJ......

Just an idea that may work for everyone......but thats if the DE,PA and MD guys are gonna show in some good numbers.......cause I cant see doing a meet in north Jersey for just 2 or 3 guys (no offense guys)

I'm cool with the date of April 17th......it should be at least in th 50's during the day by then...

anyone wanna lock that date down???
Old 03-10-04, 12:34 PM
alexus
Pole Position

eh?

i never heard anything like that.. i can roll down there and try to find something out.. but then again if you already know that for sure..
Old 03-10-04, 03:47 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

eh?

i never heard anything like that.. i can roll down there and try to find something out.. but then again if you already know that for sure..
Nah I dont know it for sure I know last meet we had was in Queens (well last one I went to I should say)
at Alley Pond park.....we didnt do it in FBF for some reason.....I remember hearing something regarding permit ot something as to why we decided not to do it there again...

if you wanna take a minute do a search for "Alley Pond Park"
Old 03-10-04, 04:06 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Lightbulb

In all fairness I understand that everyone from NY wants to have it at home...but driving to Jersey is not that far....and there are guranteed numbers of 4 or 5 from DE and I know that the Philly crew will bring atleast 4 or 5...Im not sure how many will come from MD...they have their own thread called Delmarv but ive been checkin in with them and they are not sure where they are going to have one because a lot of people from Virginia want to get involved so they are deciding to have a meet in Maryland...but there are no definate answers circulating and no one is getting a place....I told them to check on this thread....cause I agree with a prior post...if the meet was in JERSEY...there would be a bigger head count!! everybody outside of NY who are not residents probably dont like driving there because of all the directions and traffic.... Jus thought to add my part.....look forward to meeting people that Ive never met....
Old 03-10-04, 04:18 PM
alexus
Pole Position

ny all the way )
Old 03-10-04, 09:53 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ny all the way )
Nah... JERSEY!!!!

(Tastes Great - Less Filling!, etc., etc., etc.... )
Old 03-11-04, 06:47 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation OK, here are my thoughts..

Just accounting this thread alone, I see we have about 10-12 active members from NY/NJ/PA (vs me and DGOT20s) If most of you remember from last year, I organized the meets at Bear Mountain NY and Alley Pond Park in Queens NY. The turnouts there were the largest we've seen in any NE CL meet, and I'd say a good 75% of the people there were from NY/NJ/PA.

Personally, I think we can probably achieve a better number of people coming to the spring meet if we have the meet take place in New Jersey this time, for the following reasons:

- (echoing DJdelite's post) NY people won't have to drive far (just across the Hudson R.)
- the location would reach out to people from Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania, and from the north, Connecticut and Mass.
- from my recollection, we never had a ClubLexus meet in NJ (which boggles my mind for some reason)

Originally MSBoy and I had thought about having the meet take place in Long Island, such as in Roosevelt Field. However this doesn't seem to favor some of the people in the thread since it's too far for people from NJ and points south, not to mention going through the spider web of NYC highways. With NY and NJ being close to each other, I think it'd be nice to hold the meet in NJ just this time (we can always do a Queens or LI meet later on in the summer)

Now, what about dates? I know I'm speaking for myself here (I apologize), but I'd say we should have the meet on either April 24th or 25th (that's Saturday or Sunday). The weekend of April 17th won't work for me because I have a friend's wedding to go to in Boston. Anyway, if we do it that way, it will give most people more time to prep their rides and mods, more time for the roads to clear out, and more time for the warm weather to show up. Plus, depending on other people's feedback and priorities, we can flexibly select which day to do the meet (the 24th or 25th).

Well that's the extent of my morning's thoughts of the spring meet. Comments are appreciated with regards to having the meet to take place in NJ, and the date(s) proposed

-Doug

P.S. Where in NJ to have the meet is still up in the air (I don't know many places down there). If any of NJ guys/gals could chime in about that and offer suggestions, that'd be nice.
Old 03-11-04, 07:35 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

If your coming from mass or northern CT I don't know about jim, or dgot20's, but I personally think new jersey's a lil far, FBF area would be cool though so if that's going down let me know where and when and I'm there!

Quick Reply: Spring Meet!!!