Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Spring Meet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-04, 02:36 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im down like a clown charlie brown....

Anyway we can make it on a sunday.. the one day i don't work... lol

J
Old 03-11-04, 04:20 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Default Re: OK, here are my thoughts..

Originally posted by lexusk8
Just accounting this thread alone, I see we have about 10-12 active members from NY/NJ/PA (vs me and DGOT20s) If most of you remember from last year, I organized the meets at Bear Mountain NY and Alley Pond Park in Queens NY. The turnouts there were the largest we've seen in any NE CL meet, and I'd say a good 75% of the people there were from NY/NJ/PA.

Personally, I think we can probably achieve a better number of people coming to the spring meet if we have the meet take place in New Jersey this time, for the following reasons:

- (echoing DJdelite's post) NY people won't have to drive far (just across the Hudson R.)
- the location would reach out to people from Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania, and from the north, Connecticut and Mass.
- from my recollection, we never had a ClubLexus meet in NJ (which boggles my mind for some reason)

Originally MSBoy and I had thought about having the meet take place in Long Island, such as in Roosevelt Field. However this doesn't seem to favor some of the people in the thread since it's too far for people from NJ and points south, not to mention going through the spider web of NYC highways. With NY and NJ being close to each other, I think it'd be nice to hold the meet in NJ just this time (we can always do a Queens or LI meet later on in the summer)

Now, what about dates? I know I'm speaking for myself here (I apologize), but I'd say we should have the meet on either April 24th or 25th (that's Saturday or Sunday). The weekend of April 17th won't work for me because I have a friend's wedding to go to in Boston. Anyway, if we do it that way, it will give most people more time to prep their rides and mods, more time for the roads to clear out, and more time for the warm weather to show up. Plus, depending on other people's feedback and priorities, we can flexibly select which day to do the meet (the 24th or 25th).

Well that's the extent of my morning's thoughts of the spring meet. Comments are appreciated with regards to having the meet to take place in NJ, and the date(s) proposed

-Doug

P.S. Where in NJ to have the meet is still up in the air (I don't know many places down there). If any of NJ guys/gals could chime in about that and offer suggestions, that'd be nice.
Okay, here are my thoughts...

If New Jersey is the prefered spot, I know of a great place to hold the meet!! I have organized and attended a few BMW meets at the Woodbridge Mall in Woodbridge, NJ. There is absolutly enough space and there are a number of things we can do out there in the way of food and "after-meet" activities! To give you an idea of the space that we can procure there, the meet i organized had a turn out of 100+ people! If in fact this is a location that the majority here is agreeable to, I will be more than happy to begin doing the leg work in terms of calling mall security and management and securing us a sure spot. Let's just all agree upon a date and I will begin. Doug suggested April 24th or 25th, which is a Saturday or Sunday. I am absolutly in for those dates personally. So please express your thoughts on the location and dates. As a recap here is what is being proposed:

MEET LOCATION: Woodbridge Mall @ Woodbridge, New Jersey
MEET DATE: April 24th or 25th
MEET TIME: [To be determined]

One final thought...

Over the past 2 months, Doug and I have been discussing the possibility of a Lexus/BMW meet. As many of you already know, I am a BMW owner and a Lexus lover. I thought it would be really great if we could have this one of a kind hybrid meet as it would allow for what I consider to be 2 of the finest car enthusiasts groups to get together and kick it and get to know one another and one another's cars. Not to mention it will turn an UNGODLY amount of passerby heads!! In my estimation, it will be a truly beautiful site and providing a mature crowd turnout, it will be an all-out great event!! Please express your opinions on this Lexus/BMW meet idea. If you are not in favor of it, that is okay. We want to hear what you honestly have to say on this so that we do not waste time planning something that not everyone wants. But I hope you all are in favor of this idea. (Hope to influence with this... JUST IMAGINE THE FORMATIONS WE CAN ARRANGE OUR CARS IN AND THE PICTURES WE CAN TAKE!! )

The floor is yours.
Old 03-11-04, 06:45 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey guys, sorry to be so late on this one, just got in from getting some suspension adjustments (damn I hate getting work done on my car!! Took 4/5hrs!!!!!! but i digress )

As lexusk8 and others have voiced, I think it will be a good idea to have a meet in NJ, for a few reasons:

1. The nucleaus of members in the tri-state + Del/Mar area are larger than that of the tri-state + MA/RI. I counted this up the other night. So all things being considered, there is most likely a better chance at a great turnout if we attempt to accomodate the Del/Mar guys

2. I think it would be a great show of appreciation to the delmarphlly guys if we have a meet thats closer to them, they always have to drive really far so I think that would spur a greater turnout from members in those areas.

3. NJ is easily accesible for all involved parties.

4. There has never been a meet in NJ (wow did know that, pretty sad eh! )

I'm not worried about my drive, I'll come down earlier and spend some time in NY before the meet, like I always do!! LOL
Old 03-11-04, 08:24 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by sxylxy
If your coming from mass or northern CT I don't know about jim, or dgot20's, but I personally think new jersey's a lil far, FBF area would be cool though so if that's going down let me know where and when and I'm there!
If its north Jersey it would be about the same trip time for you as FBF. maybe even shorter .

As long as its in North Jersey somewhere.....Jersey guys really need to chime in because if not I think its gonna end up in FBF anyway due to lack of suggestions...

I'm cool with the 25 +26 of April....even warmer....that always good
Old 03-11-04, 08:56 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: OK, here are my thoughts..

Originally posted by MSBoy
Okay, here are my thoughts...

If New Jersey is the prefered spot, I know of a great place to hold the meet!! I have organized and attended a few BMW meets at the Woodbridge Mall in Woodbridge, NJ. There is absolutly enough space and there are a number of things we can do out there in the way of food and "after-meet" activities! To give you an idea of the space that we can procure there, the meet i organized had a turn out of 100+ people! If in fact this is a location that the majority here is agreeable to, I will be more than happy to begin doing the leg work in terms of calling mall security and management and securing us a sure spot. Let's just all agree upon a date and I will begin. Doug suggested April 24th or 25th, which is a Saturday or Sunday. I am absolutly in for those dates personally. So please express your thoughts on the location and dates. As a recap here is what is being proposed:

MEET LOCATION: Woodbridge Mall @ Woodbridge, New Jersey
MEET DATE: April 24th or 25th
MEET TIME: [To be determined]

One final thought...

Over the past 2 months, Doug and I have been discussing the possibility of a Lexus/BMW meet. As many of you already know, I am a BMW owner and a Lexus lover. I thought it would be really great if we could have this one of a kind hybrid meet as it would allow for what I consider to be 2 of the finest car enthusiasts groups to get together and kick it and get to know one another and one another's cars. Not to mention it will turn an UNGODLY amount of passerby heads!! In my estimation, it will be a truly beautiful site and providing a mature crowd turnout, it will be an all-out great event!! Please express your opinions on this Lexus/BMW meet idea. If you are not in favor of it, that is okay. We want to hear what you honestly have to say on this so that we do not waste time planning something that not everyone wants. But I hope you all are in favor of this idea. (Hope to influence with this... JUST IMAGINE THE FORMATIONS WE CAN ARRANGE OUR CARS IN AND THE PICTURES WE CAN TAKE!! )

The floor is yours.
I'm cool with the BMW/Lexus meet (But mind you I brought my G35 Coupe to the last meet and was exiled....LOL j/k) Nah that sounds like a nice idea...I'm with it!

but you gotta let us know where Woodbridge, NJ is ...and some directions.....
how far from the city is it??
Old 03-12-04, 05:45 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: Re: OK, here are my thoughts..

Originally posted by NYC ES3
I'm cool with the BMW/Lexus meet (But mind you I brought my G35 Coupe to the last meet and was exiled....LOL j/k) Nah that sounds like a nice idea...I'm with it!

but you gotta let us know where Woodbridge, NJ is ...and some directions.....
how far from the city is it??
Sounds good! Love to hear more feedback from others!

To get to Woodbridge Center Mall, click the link and punch your address in:

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd?&ed=10BCyK1...acy%27s&tdesc=(732)+636-2450

I don't know why the address will not show up in the ADDRESS field of the destination, so just puch it in manually. It is:

237 Woodbridge Ctr

Last edited by MSBoy; 03-12-04 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-12-04, 05:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

MSBoy,

I've emailed you twice and PMd you about your access issue with no response. Can you please reply to one of them?
Old 03-12-04, 07:34 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a meet at Englishtown Raceway? I sent them an email asking what could be done about hosting a club meet there. I'll post their reply when I get it. Looking at their calendar, it looks pretty booked up for this year. I guess we could always just show up en masse and take the place over I'm hoping to get some kind of price break on track time, and maybe even some dedicated lanes . A little advertising/promotion wouldn't be bad either.
I'll let you guys know what I find out.

If anybody wants to check them out, the URL is www.racewaypark.com.
Old 03-12-04, 08:11 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Im definatly down with Woodbridge NJ mall area....plus if people want to bring their wifey/girl they can drop them off at the mall....I agree to the posts earlier..that NJ seems accessible to meet everyones needs....I just think that if people could just get on the turnpike or i95 and didn't have to struggle with NY traffic that would be less headache for CL members to just get there.......

April 25th seems to be a better day since its on a Sunday..plus it gives everyone alteast a month an advance notice..Weather should be real nice then... I can pass the word....

Oh yeh.....It doesn't matter to me if we have a BMW/Lexus meet....I think it would be cool to have a twist and see different things... Im all for it!!!!!
Old 03-12-04, 04:52 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Only 38 Miles from my location in Queens ..thats cool with me

Hey I'm there.
Old 03-12-04, 05:00 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by wmulli
How about a meet at Englishtown Raceway?
Wmulli, I discussed this with lexusk8 earlier this week and we agreed on this one thing: cost. To avoid running the risk of insulting/offending anyone, I have no ill will or intent with my following statement.

Most of those tracks are about 30-50 bucks to enter, I do not know everyones financial standing, but EVERYONE may not be willing to drop $$$ to come gawk at cars. I would have no problems with it, and many others may feel the same, but we still run the risk of alienating potential participants if we attach a 40 dollars+gas+tolls to a meet. (for some)

I think the Queens meet was great because it had no theme or cost! No games, no activities, just people looking at cars and chopping it up! I would really like to see as many folks as possible attend this meet so if it could be kept gratis (or minimal cost) that would be good!!

Just my .02 (or .10 )
Old 03-12-04, 05:05 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

how about the south florida gs mafia rolls in as well to this meet
Old 03-12-04, 09:34 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Woodbridge
This site sounds good to me.. only 1hr and 22 min from my house.. not that bad..

Lexus/BMW meet is fine by me.. as long as it isn't a Lexus/Civic meet

Plus my friend has a 3 series so i can roll down with him

J

keep me posted
Old 03-15-04, 04:32 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

MSBoy, great idea (especially since Woodbridge is only 20 mins from home)
i'll be going to drool over everyone's cars since i'm mostly stock, but this place has a huge
parking lot witha lot of room to display all of the rides. there's more than enough traffic flowing
through/around the parking lot to create a nice flow of onlookers and like Djdelite said you can
bring wifey or the lady to spend the money you thought you were goint to be spending on mods.
Suday is a better day for me but i could probably work in Saturday if need be.
i'd love to see the Florida Mafia head up. you folks also have some real sick rides.

PEACE.
Old 03-15-04, 06:05 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up Keep it comin'

Glad to hear a handful of people interested in having the meet at Woodbridge Mall NJ, including a couple others who know that mall well. This will especially be helpful when the meet date gets close. I know there are many others on this board who are regular meet-goers and haven't checked in this thread yet, but I'm sure when April rolls around, there will be lots of talking going on

In the meantime, you're more than welcome to spread the word to other Lexus/BMW enthusiasts who might be inclined to check out or show up at the meet

Quick Reply: Spring Meet!!!