Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Spring Meet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-04, 09:07 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did anyone post over at LOC? i'm sure we'd pick up some folks over there as well.

PEACE.
Old 03-16-04, 04:52 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Lightbulb

So is everyone pretty much in agreement that it will take place at the NJ mall...April 25th Sunday or we all still trying to decide?? I think if we can come to this conclusion...then we can tell everyone....I think it will be a good place and a BIG meet since there really hasn't been any over the winter...
Old 03-16-04, 07:41 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Woodbridge is fine with me but my car may or may not be ready for the meet. I may come down in my daily driver Camry.

Ted
Old 03-16-04, 12:07 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

So, it seems safe to say that Woodbridge mall in Woodbridge, NJ is the spot!
Now all we have to do is agree on either Saturday (24th) or Sunday (25th) and the start time. Why don't I start off the bidding for Sunday, April 25th @ 3:00PM. I am good for either Sat or Sun, but so far ddarbs55 request for Sunday would be good to start the bidding. So, so far it looks like this:

Lexus / BMW Spring Meet

[Exact parking lot still undetermined, but I am thinking Macy*s parking lot]

DATE: April 25, 2004

TIME: 3:00PM - Whenever!

As of today, I will post a thread on BMW forums and get their feedback!

It would be good to get more feedback from you guys here. Ther bigger the turnout the better the chance of us getting sponsor support. I have little experience with the acquisition of sponsor support and getting products, so I will talk to the man who has more experience with this, lexusk8. But, let me stress that sponsor support will likely be better providing we can assure them that it will be a good turnout! So, voice your support if you can attend! Also, state your opinions on the dates and times as well as locations and let's make the appropriate changes early, if necessary! We've got a little over 5 weeks as of today! This will be a very very sick and unique meet in my estimation!! I am getting excited!
Old 03-16-04, 12:14 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default WOODBRIDGE MEET

Hey that sounds fine by me. I am also fine with Sat or Sun, but I lean more towards Sunday to accomodate members that work on Saturday!

Lexusk8- what if you post this on MBWorld as well? I know that you have attended a few of their meets in the past. I am a member over there but I do not post much so I only know 1-2 people. I think it would be really cool to have a Lexus/ BMW/ MB meet! We can call it the Rainbow Coalition meet!!!

I think its time to start a new thread for this meet to generate views by all NE members. We can even ask the mods to sticky it in the various model specific forums since we are approx a month and some days out!
Old 03-16-04, 12:34 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there whether it's Saturday or Sunday, but I think 3:00 pm might be a tad late for a start time? It gets dark around 6:30 (not to mention cold!)
Old 03-16-04, 01:03 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

I proposed 3PM only because I know folks are going to want to do last minuter detailing to their cars before they show. 3PM will give them ample time to do so and get to the meet on time. I would normally agree with you in that 3PM would be too late a start for a meet, but because Daylight Savings Time begins on the first Sunday of April we are going to have more light later on. In fact, it will not begin to get dark until about 8PM or so. This gives us about 5 hours for the meets in day light.

That being said, changing the time to an earlier one is completely doable as far as I'm concerned if that is the wish of the majority. I'll be there whatever time we decide!

Also, I agree with DGOT20s in that we should begin a new thread for this Woodbridge meet and the STICKIES seem to be a great idea as well!

Last edited by MSBoy; 03-16-04 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-16-04, 01:27 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Hey Derrick, does your interest in a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes meet have anything to do with ummmm.... a certain Lost Boys hit?

Personally, I love the idea!
Old 03-16-04, 01:42 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by MSBoy
Hey Derrick, does your interest in a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes meet have anything to do with ummmm.... a certain Lost Boys hit?

Personally, I love the idea!
Nah man, I used to love that LB Fam song, but I was just thinking it would be cool to get everyone together! It would be cool to get there, and all the CL guys could get together with CL guys, E46 guys with E46 guys, etc etc. Then when the Lexus cars get boring, check out Bimmers, when the Bimmers get boring check out M/B's, etc etc. Of course the same for the M/b guys.

I think that would be a great day!
Old 03-16-04, 02:08 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

date works for me but time should be around 1pm. just leave early thats all.

ted
Old 03-16-04, 02:35 PM
tropical
Driver School Candidate

Count me in!!!!!!
Old 03-16-04, 04:21 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Im already there...I agree with everyone else to start a new thread.. I think the time should be like 1:30pm 2ish..only because even though it gets dark later....some people could have like a 2hr plus ride home and may not want to leave around 8pm...otherwise everything else seems to be a go.. Make the title of the thread Tri-State Meet...Welcome VA,MD,DE,PA,NJ,NY,CT...<<just ignore me reading all those abbrevations alone hurts my eyes...
Old 03-16-04, 05:02 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

yah start a new thread. and make a list of who is comming. just to get an idea of turn out.. I'll be there.. i'll probably be with my friends (E36 and a 2k2 e46 m3)

J
Old 03-16-04, 05:30 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Djdelite
Im already there...I agree with everyone else to start a new thread.. I think the time should be like 1:30pm 2ish..only because even though it gets dark later....some people could have like a 2hr plus ride home and may not want to leave around 8pm...otherwise everything else seems to be a go.. Make the title of the thread Tri-State Meet...Welcome VA,MD,DE,PA,NJ,NY,CT...<<just ignore me reading all those abbrevations alone hurts my eyes...
Very good observation regarding the meet time versus the travel time for some. Taht being said, I guess it does make more sence to have the start time between 1 and 2PM. Good catch Djdelite!
Old 03-16-04, 06:47 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

1pm I believe is an optimal time to meet !

Quick Reply: Spring Meet!!!