Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

I Need Rim Repair*

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-04, 03:16 PM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I Need Rim Repair********************************************************************

does any body know of a good rim repair shop in the tri-state area (NJ,NY,PA) that can fix 20" chrome rims.
any suggestions and or feedback will help thanks.

-abboushi
Old 01-30-04, 05:00 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

abboushi the problem isn't really repairing the rim. The real problem is finding a shop that won't scratch up your rim even more. Lots of shops throw the rim on the floor after they are done with it. Sadly there isn't much you can do about that. On the rim repair you have 2 choices, you can either have them use a rubber hammer and bang it into shape as best as they can which is around 40 bucks or you can have them put it on a machine and press out the rim for you. That ranges from around 100-180 per rim. There is a HIGH chance that the polish or chrome on the rim will crack. Most shops won't repolish it for you if this happens. If you want to have the rim repolished or dipped that will cost another 200 bucks. The bill grows extremely quick when your messing with rims. The shop i went to cost me 160 bucks to put the rim on the machine and bend it out. They told me the rim cracked and the guys that were fixing it scratched up my rim even more. I guess they took responsibility and had my rim repolished for free. The rim came out looking like new. The polish they use must be some cheap polish though because the rim doesn't feel the same as the other rims. It isn't smooth like the other three. Better than nothing though i guess. I don't know if this place will do the same for all it's customers so i'm letting you know ahead of time. The place is called Besttire on northern blvd in long island. The shop is pretty big and they deal with tons of cars everyday, they are pretty reputable. Goodluck on your rim. I have 2 other rims that have a nub on them, i'm not going to fix them unless they get worse. Now i know why they say not to get 19's for nyc roads. I have volks too, not some cheap no name company...
Old 02-02-04, 02:30 PM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

thanks shabo im goin to look around i prolly call them. i appreciate the advice.

-ABBOUSHI
Old 02-02-04, 07:08 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

no prob
Old 02-28-04, 06:23 AM
mktbully
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out www.fixrim.com.

they have a shop in Farmingdale LI. since it's chrome they might take a little more time. it doesn't hurt to ask for details.

i've never used them but i've heard they did decent work.
all they do here is repair rims..so it's not a tire shop or stereo place.
Old 02-29-04, 10:22 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

try some of these places

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=105372

Ed
Old 08-22-04, 08:55 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

did you fix yours? did you go to that shop? if you haven't let's go there together maybe.. maybe we'll get a better price i have 20"s too.. and i think one my rim needs to be take a look.. send me a PM