Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Members in the DelMarVa Area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-04, 11:48 AM
tonytony
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in pittsburgh, depending on location, I might drop in =)
Old 03-02-04, 03:49 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Default Maryland here

Maryland here also!
Old 03-03-04, 11:38 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MD is a pretty active place if you know where to look.
The is300.net and supraforums guys are always up to something. Just check out their events forums.

Cecil County and Capital raceway also have their test and tune on friday nights starting at 5 Pm. There's always a huge turnout there too from all the local car nuts.
Old 03-03-04, 12:01 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Carpe Diem
Self serving maybe but what would we do there? This is all about cars and it costs $12 (I read) just to get into their parking lot! I don't think they'd like us tailgating (or whatever the passenger car equivilent is) in the corner of their lot.
Oh, I guess I had something a little different in mind. Our cars are what we all have in common, but I thought we'd want to get together and do something besides stand around and look at them. You know, find an interesting activity (like touring that new museum which I've heard is awesome and I've been meaning to do and this would be just the excuse to get out there) that we can enjoy as a group. If the idea is just to stand around and look at our Lexuses, then I guess I'm not interested after all!
Old 03-03-04, 10:52 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

i don't mind the drive at all. there is also a lexus dealership in Salisbury, Maryland, a lil closer to delaware, and PA, i think. but dont quote me on that. i could find out if they would let us all show up there at their place. could be good for business for them! let me know!

john
Old 03-04-04, 06:52 AM
Gold_IS300
Driver School Candidate

The Mid-Atlantic Forum over at IS300.net always has something going on in the DC/Baltimore region..check it out sometime- all are welcome
Old 03-04-04, 06:58 AM
badboybeul
Driver School Candidate

I live in Delaware and dont mind driving to MD, but like DJ Delite suggested if we can get people to meet in philly we may be able to get the best of both worlds and have the northeast and the southeast meet up together. I think i may be a good outcome!!
Old 03-04-04, 07:57 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

My opinion is the further north you have the meet the better....What Im saying is...if the meet was in Maryland....people from VA should not really have a problem driving an hour to get there...people from DE and PA wouldn't probably have a problem driving a 1 1/2....just thinking out loud.... Im ready....Ive been to a couple of meets..before....I think location is important though....cause like someone said earlier it should be somewhere that everyone doesn't stand around all day......Hopefully everyone can put on their thinking caps and everyone post locations they think would be good and from there...we could see if any sponsors would be willing to participate.......then we get like some sorta team captain to help assemble this....Im orginally from Baltimore...so it aint nothin for me to drive over to MD...Im familar with the areas......
Old 03-04-04, 09:31 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Baltimore is a bad idea.

The pot holes there don't only bend rims. They eat cars.
Old 03-04-04, 10:28 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Originally posted by verylost
Baltimore is a bad idea.

The pot holes there don't only bend rims. They eat cars.
hahaha I know....I got my rims from No Limit over on Belair Rd....I hate driving on any of those roads....
Old 03-04-04, 10:29 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

If any of you DE/MD/VA/PA guys can put together a decent meet within the next month or so, I can try to make it down there (preferably in DE or northern MD).

I went to the Philly meet last year (attended by Jimmy, PAULGS430, Phillycat, etc.). That was about a 2-1/2 hr drive from CT, which is not bad for me since I'm used to long-distance drives (as long as there's no traffic)
Old 03-04-04, 12:50 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Well, to me Philly isn't where NE meets SE. That would be Washington.

That aside, I like all the noise this is generating now how about some ideas on where (not not where) and for what. (so i guess if we value our wheels we won't be eating Bertha mussels).

Salisbury sounds interesting. That would be a nice ride for me up RT15 and over. What's to do there besides prowl the Lexus dealer's lot?

George
Old 03-04-04, 04:53 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Count me in if you guys find out where you gonna have it. There is a Park in Clarksburg MD very nice park. ( Black Hill Regional Park). Also there this one guy here on CL that has a GS race car hes building ...Can't remember his name but he might have the room at his shop!!!! Its all about who you know
Old 03-05-04, 08:12 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

so wusup fellaz? where are we gonna meet?anywhere in the surrounding states of Delaware, i don't mind going to. i drive all over del. and parts of maryland, but any place close to is fine. Where are we gonna meet?!

john
Old 03-06-04, 04:24 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Ok so who's out there that can hook us up on this kind of deal?!!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=108170

George

Quick Reply: Members in the DelMarVa Area?