Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Members in the DelMarVa Area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-04, 07:07 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DelMarVA Meet?

Since we’re kind of stuck in the middle I’m cross posting this in the Northeast and Southeast forums. Please post your replies in the NE forum.

Well spring is coming and maybe now is the time to start gauging interest is a DelMarVa Metro Lexus drivers meet. Anybody have any suggestions on what and where we might do something to turn a bunch of people out?

George

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 03-06-04 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-27-04, 01:49 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would probably have to take place somewhere in Maryland. some people from Philly and NY might drive down but people from NC, VA, MD would probably come to a meet in Maryland...not sure where to host it at..

2 be honest I would love to see another meet in PHILLY...i think it would be the half way point for a lot of people...
Old 02-28-04, 05:02 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Default Memebers in the DelMarVa Area?

Just wondering if they're any members in the Delaware Maryland Virginia (DelMarVa) area?
Old 02-28-04, 05:17 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Hi John and welcome,

Well I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I posted up a suggestion in the NE and SE forums on Friday asking for suggestion about a spring meet and only heard from one person (someone also from Delaware) who wanted to have a meet in Philly, not even close to what I suggested. Well I know there are quite a few CL members around Washington and Baltimore so hopefully we'll here from them.

I'm in Alexandria. Were in DE are you?

George
Old 02-28-04, 05:21 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Hello anyone!
Old 03-01-04, 06:03 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

there r A LOT of members around here.. no one reads this section though. i dont know why!!! we have 2 TT gs400s in this area alone!. i know of at least 3-5 other gs's around here.. MANY IS3s.. and yes ive been on the CL board for 2 years and no one really responds to regional meets unless they r for IS3s or one of the big tuners (SRT, STILLEN) maybe we have to start small then ppl will start to notice? hehe. im in fairfax. GL i'll check here to see if anythign develops!

T
Old 03-01-04, 10:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

I put up an announcement to draw more folks to this thread and merged the two DelMarVa posts.

I've lived all around the DC area and also in Annapolis in the early 90's - you guys might want to make sure to clarify the area / location you mean by DelMarVa... from what I recall that's more the west peninsula vs the DC area. A good couple hour drive between the two areas.

We should be able to get MANY folks hooked up in the DC area with some huge meets. DelMarVa probably has a few less.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-01-04 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-01-04, 10:56 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Hi Dave,

Ok, how about changing the title to Baltimore-Washington Area.

Thanks,
George
Old 03-01-04, 11:05 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally posted by Carpe Diem
Hi Dave,

Ok, how about changing the title to Baltimore-Washington Area.

Thanks,
George
Hmmm, considering we have folks from Delaware posting on this thread (and the annoucement) it might get tricky. Let's see who signs up from 'the real' DelMarVa and where they live. We can do a separate meet annoucement for the DC Metro area. Do you have any ideas what /where to have a meet? I know SRT had a biggie in the fall... maybe get a picnic area at one of the large parks or get somebody like SRT or PFS to sponsor?
Old 03-01-04, 03:15 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

George,

How ya doin? I'm down in Georgetown, around 20 min from Rehobeth Beach. I would love to get this thing goin, i'm tired of being one of the only Lexus' riding around. Would be nice to meet in Delaware, or even Maryland!

John
Old 03-01-04, 03:19 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

The kids over at College Park MD have a great meet once or twice a year. I think one should be coming up soon.
Old 03-01-04, 04:12 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

I live near Dulles Airport and would be interested in a meet depending on timing and location. This is a very self-serving suggestion, but how about at the new Smithsonian Air and Space Museum Annex?
Old 03-01-04, 06:40 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Self serving maybe but what would we do there? This is all about cars and it costs $12 (I read) just to get into their parking lot! I don't think they'd like us tailgating (or whatever the passenger car equivilent is) in the corner of their lot.

I'm happy to think Virginia or Maryland but I think we need an automotive related attraction. Maybe we can get Pohanka Lexus and some of the other specialty shops in Chantilly to host an open house and weenie roast. All this is probably too far west for our eastern shore and Delaware responders.

George
Old 03-02-04, 08:50 AM
Pyroneer
Rookie

I live in Annapolis and would love to attend a semi-local meet.

My car isn't anything but stock, but if enough cool cars come out, I can convince my woman that I should spend lots of money on my car.

Shawn
Old 03-02-04, 08:58 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Alright Y'all,

Let's get behind this and get Shawn some mod money!

P.S. Shawn. I drive a stocker too, and love it just the same.

George

Quick Reply: Members in the DelMarVa Area?