Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-04, 04:29 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: It's 5hrs + from where i live but i'm coming

Originally posted by MearaImage
bringing some bimmers and some escalades with me to the show put me down on the list!
i better get some prizes damet!!! lol
Meralmage- This is a meet for M/B, Lexus, and BMW owners. Due to space limitations (we have close to 165 cars confirmed), please attempt to stay within those brands for this meet, although Escalades are great rides, I am not sure we will be able to accomodate the extra vehicles. I hope you understand this and do not take offense, you are more than welcome.

Secondly, this is not a carshow with classes or judges etcetc, this is a auto enthusiast meet, where like minded car guys/gals get together to look at cars, give information, demonstrations, etc. The organizers of this meet have worked behind the scenes to get product donations from Sponsers, but they will be raffled off, not given the "best car" ANYONE will be eligible to win these items, whether they have spent 20,000 dollars or 20 dollars on their car. These products are simply a potential fringe benefit to show appreciation to our respective club members!

Welcome to CL and look forward to seeing you at the meet!
Old 04-14-04, 05:08 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Batmanwcm
Hey, I'm gonna be there too!! SC3 5Spd. =)
Batman, are you going to meet us at Canarsie Pier? I'm starting a Caravan Thread, I'll just add you to it.
Old 04-14-04, 06:53 AM
roberttran
Pole Position

THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!
How is the raffle going to work? I want to win something
There is a slight chance I may be able to have my brother borrow my aunt's '01 RX300.

-Robert
Old 04-14-04, 07:26 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by roberttran

How is the raffle going to work? I want to win something
With the sheer size of the meet, I am not exactly sure how the raffle will be handled, we will determine the best and most fair method as the date approaches!
Old 04-14-04, 08:18 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Hey Derrick,

Have you considered bring any audio equipment such as a mic or a little stage or something so you great guys who coordinated the event can get everyones attention when need be?

-Anthony
Old 04-14-04, 09:02 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Captain Bone
Hey Derrick,

Have you considered bring any audio equipment such as a mic or a little stage or something so you great guys who coordinated the event can get everyones attention when need be?

-Anthony
yeah, we thought about it, but none of us have PA equipment so I guess I'll have to stand on Dougs shoulders and YELL!! LOL
Old 04-14-04, 09:08 AM
roberttran
Pole Position

Originally posted by DGOT20s
yeah, we thought about it, but none of us have PA equipment so I guess I'll have to stand on Dougs shoulders and YELL!! LOL

I'm sure someone here has a modded sound system that has a line in jack somewhere. Just hook up a mic and blast the system

-Robert
Old 04-14-04, 01:51 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll see what I can do about a megaphone and raffle tickets, if you would like. I know I just got a whole role for my church and it wasn't needed.

The megaphone/PA system shouldn't be too hard. i can dig something up.

steviej
Old 04-14-04, 02:01 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

I dont have a small pa system...but I can bring an empty crate that you can stand on Derrick.....
Old 04-14-04, 04:54 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Batman, are you going to meet us at Canarsie Pier? I'm starting a Caravan Thread, I'll just add you to it.
Derrick,

did you start that link yet pr are you starting it?.....I'll keep my eye out for the link.....I have a jacked up sense of direction and with my "analog navigation system" (written directions from mapquest)....LOL

I can afford to miss you guys headin over to Jersey.....My dad will be coming to this one also....when I told him the approximate numbers he was like .."oh thats good 60+ cars"...I said "No thats just the Lexus camp".....his reply then changed to "oh yeah, Holy ******"..........

I got my digital cam all ready to go...
Old 04-14-04, 05:01 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JUST GOT THIS FROM E46 SITE

Roosevelt Park Permit Acquired!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news! We acquired a 100 person permit for Roosevelt Park yesterday! It winds up being a lot better than the 40 person permit that we thought we were going to have to get. This is a huge development because it just looks better for us if we get 130+ people and have a 100 person permit as opposed to a 40 person permit. It is not likely that we will have to turn any away at this point providing we are all on our best behavior! Obviously, burn-outs, donuts, erratic moves are all things that can ruin it all and have us closed down in moments! If there are any questions as to proper conduct for this event please consult the first page of this thread and read the RULES OF CONDUCT. You can also PM me or any of the other coordinators with questions and/or concerns.

Let me also mention that though it is not likely that we will be thrown out once we exceed the number of people the permit allows, I MUST advise you that because of the unsurety of what will happen that day the possibility of us having to turn people away is still there! So ARRIVE early and/or ON TIME so as to ensure your place at the meet! We do not anticipate having to impliment this, but because the possibility does exist, I want to give you the heads up and the opportunity to counter this action on your behalf.

Finally, raffle tickets will be $1 per ticket and there is a 5 ticket limit per person. This will be discussed more in another post. But just a heads up!!

Thanx!
Old 04-14-04, 05:02 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by NYC ES3
Derrick,

did you start that link yet pr are you starting it?.....I'll keep my eye out for the link.....I have a jacked up sense of direction and with my "analog navigation system" (written directions from mapquest)....LOL

I can afford to miss you guys headin over to Jersey.....My dad will be coming to this one also....when I told him the approximate numbers he was like .."oh thats good 60+ cars"...I said "No thats just the Lexus camp".....his reply then changed to "oh yeah, Holy ******"..........

I got my digital cam all ready to go...
HERE YOU GO

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=116846
Old 04-14-04, 05:07 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by NYC ES3
Derrick,

did you start that link yet pr are you starting it?..........My dad will be coming to this one also....when I told him the approximate numbers he was like .."oh thats good 60+ cars"...I said "No thats just the Lexus camp".....his reply then changed to "oh yeah, Holy ******"..........
I swear man, when I'm your dads age, I hope i'm still into cars enough to go walking around a damn parking lot looking at them!! I'm glad he's gonna come again!

I made the post this morning, its stickied right under this one. You should just meet us at Rockaway Pkwy man.
Old 04-14-04, 05:41 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

ORGANIZERS,
props to you for getting all of this done. man, this has grown to be HUGE! great job!
question; what's the cutoff time for calling it a rainy day? i live really close so
it's not an issue, but for those of you that will be traveling the weather will
probably not be the same as it is here. any words to chime in on this subject?
there are enough of us around to give you an on the spot observation if it's a close call.

less than two weeks away! WOO HOO!!!
Old 04-14-04, 05:57 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

Less then 2 weeks and this weekend is clear so it's time to start prepping my baby (^_^)
Just checked weather.com and the 23 is rainy (T_T). Lets hope it clears up.

Put my bro down for a maybe with a RX300. I have to check my aunt's insurance policy to see if it will cover my bro for that day.

-Robert

Quick Reply: ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~