Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-04, 07:49 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by steviej
I'll see what I can do about a megaphone and raffle tickets, if you would like. I know I just got a whole role for my church and it wasn't needed.

The megaphone/PA system shouldn't be too hard. i can dig something up.
Steve, don't worry about the raffle tickets; I got that covered. Bought a roll of 2000 tickets for $4 from Staples the other day

We'd really appreciate it if you can find and bring a megaphone or PA system

Originally posted by T.L.W.
JUST GOT THIS FROM E46 SITE

Roosevelt Park Permit Acquired!!!!
Thanks very much for looking out and posting the good news man
Old 04-14-04, 08:59 PM
mokujin101
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

count me in

IS300
Old 04-14-04, 09:31 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

this is gonna be sick

I hate to keep stressing this.. but what are your guys plans if we exceed are limitations on spaces. I think we are gonna need alot of space
CL- 60+
e46- 50
m3 forum- 25
mbworld- 30

thats
165 give or take

Didn't you guys say the park can accomidate 100 or so cars (saying no one but us is using the park that day) - "The park is on public property with ample spacing for potentially 100 cars."

Now let the panic begin... j/k

J

Last edited by J_RoK; 04-14-04 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-14-04, 09:45 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

Originally posted by J_RoK
this is gonna be sick

I hate to keep stressing this.. but what are your guys plans if we exceed are limitations on spaces. I think we are gonna need alot of space
CL- 60+
e46- 50
m3 forum- 25
mbworld- 30

thats
165 give or take

Didn't you guys say the park can accomidate 100 or so cars (saying no one but us is using the park that day) - "The park is on public property with ample spacing for potentially 100 cars."

Now let the panic begin... j/k

J

I should be able to park anywhere that is solid

-Robert
Old 04-14-04, 09:48 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

damn you people and your suvs/trucks

J
Old 04-14-04, 10:03 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Batman, are you going to meet us at Canarsie Pier? I'm starting a Caravan Thread, I'll just add you to it.
I'll be rolling with D(One Hot SC400). My car isn't registered yet, its just sitting in my garage collecting dust. I just can't wait for the 25th to roll around!
Old 04-15-04, 05:06 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Cool

Hopefully they dont have like big baseball games going on..........or is this like a park with picnic benches and stuff...That park is going to be smothered by nice cars...
Old 04-15-04, 05:47 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by J_RoK
this is gonna be sick

CL- 60+
e46- 50
m3 forum- 25
mbworld- 30

thats 165 give or take

J
Just need to edit your numbers J_RoK. It looks like this:

Clublexus = 60+
E46fanatics = 50+ (this number includes those from M3Forum)
MBWorld = 30

That makes 140+. We anticipate, (as with every meet) no-shows. We also anticipate that some will show who didn't post. I'm estimating a number more like 130+. In that scenerio the number will not exceed 100 by too much and therefore, if we're on our best behavior, we should not have any problems with park officials or authorities AND we should all fit comfortably. We have to encourage all to make their best effort to get there early or on time because the possibility does exist that we may have to turn some away at some point. That's not a strong possibility, but it is a possibility.

See you there!
Old 04-15-04, 07:55 PM
AltezzaBoy
Driver School Candidate

anyone have a map of where the entrance and parking areas are?
Old 04-15-04, 09:18 PM
smimhee
Driver School Candidate

Default rain

cordinators! i just saw it from weather channel......NYC area and NJ area
4-23 through 4-25 schedule to rain (40% chance). any plan for this????? i will pray for sunny weather
Old 04-15-04, 10:18 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Default Re: rain

Originally posted by smimhee
cordinators! i just saw it from weather channel......NYC area and NJ area
4-23 through 4-25 schedule to rain (40% chance). any plan for this????? i will pray for sunny weather
I wouldn't be too concerned about a forecast more than a week away. Sometimes these guys give a forecast the night before and the next day it is completely opposite to what they said. I have a good feeling inside that we will have good weather for this meet. Call it intuition. But, in the event that the meet does get rained out, we have already announced the rain date. It's in blue, under the DATE AND TIME heading on the first page of this thread. For the lazy folk who don't want to consult the first page right now , it's the following Sunday, May 2nd.

Last edited by MSBoy; 04-15-04 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-15-04, 11:49 PM
MearaImage
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down did you ever think!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEy guess what!
since i'm driving 5hr's from Cape Cod... and you guys only have a 100 car limit and there are already a 165 cars plus that are from e46 fanarics,MB, and CL how can you have the car show? guess what you over book, you pay thousands of dollars to the town, where it is held in.. i have done the whole car show thing , and if you double the cars, say there was going to be 100 cars and 200 showed up you get the fire station& police and they shut everything down within ...no joke ...30mins,, that's where the fines come in,so you start to leave right and more and more cars come not know what's going on.

A. you get pissed people
B.the cops start busting *****
c. i just drove 5 hrs with full blown( pun indtended)and there turns out to be no car show.

why did some one post a flyer for this show on e46,mb, and club lexus websites if you CAN ONLY HANDLE 100 CARS.. STUPID!!!!!
SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME WITH ANSEWRS TO MY QUESTIONS
Old 04-16-04, 03:48 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: did you ever think!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MearaImage
HEy guess what!
since i'm driving 5hr's from Cape Cod... and you guys only have a 100 car limit and there are already a 165 cars plus that are from e46 fanarics,MB, and CL how can you have the car show? guess what you over book, you pay thousands of dollars to the town, where it is held in.. i have done the whole car show thing , and if you double the cars, say there was going to be 100 cars and 200 showed up you get the fire station& police and they shut everything down within ...no joke ...30mins,, that's where the fines come in,so you start to leave right and more and more cars come not know what's going on.

A. you get pissed people
B.the cops start busting *****
c. i just drove 5 hrs with full blown( pun indtended)and there turns out to be no car show.

why did some one post a flyer for this show on e46,mb, and club lexus websites if you CAN ONLY HANDLE 100 CARS.. STUPID!!!!!
SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME WITH ANSEWRS TO MY QUESTIONS
First off, I think you should read the entire thread before you post, because I have already quoted you and said that THIS--IS--NOT--A--CAR--SHOW. This is a meet for owners to get together, share info, give product testimonials, etc etc. There will be no DJ, no charge, no trophy's, etc etc etc.

I am not sure if you are familliar with the way that meets work (your comments indicate you are not), but in most cases, owners just pick a parking lot, show up and hope for the best. The organizers of this meet assesed the amount of cars we had signed up, and knew that a more secure plan had to made. The parks department was contacted, the process was layed out, and a permit was procured.

Now you tell me, would it be better to show up with 140+ cars with NO PERMIT, or show up with 140+ cars with a 100 CAR PERMIT?? Seems like a very simple equation to me. It has already been noted 2-3 times that if we are on our best behavior, we should have no problem with the extra cars.

Also, since you are new to this forum, why not hang out, READ THINGS, and get to know people before you start making certain comments? As a coordinator of this meet, I think your "swipes" are a little harsh (ie, STUPID!!!!!). Not to mention the fact that we are doing this for fun, the coordinators are not receiving a CL voucher for putting this meet together so go easy with the demands. (ie SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME WITH MY QUESTIONS)

I hope you dont take offense to my reply, but this is the second post of this nature that you have made and I thought it needed to be addressed as I dont want others to come on this post and potentially be scared away by your incorrect and unfounded comments.

If you need me to explain it any further, just click the little button below my reply that says "PM", you can send me a private message and I will lay it out for you.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-16-04 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-16-04, 07:09 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

D, nicely stated!

I'm making the 5 hour ride from Boston, too. If the meet gets disbanded....so be it. I will still get a chance to hook up with CL and LOC friends. May be go to lunch or break off into smaller groups or hit the city....who knows. It will just be cool to catch up with a bunch of you.

steviej

Last edited by steviej; 04-16-04 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-16-04, 08:07 AM
WRXtsy
Driver School Candidate

hey guys....long time no "see". I know it's a Lexus + BMW meet but can other Luxury Imports join in?
The WRX is gone... picked up a G35x for myself. I hope to see some familiar faces.
-Steve

Quick Reply: ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~