Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-04, 10:51 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo can we eat at this thing? how bout some tailgaiting?? just a thought

~ Stella
Old 04-16-04, 01:28 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WRXtsy (Steve),

you are a regular at these things, how could anyone say no.
I ain't makin the trip from Boston just to see new faces, ya know.

steviej

PS. what happened to the Subi?

Last edited by steviej; 04-16-04 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-16-04, 01:50 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by WRXtsy
hey guys....long time no "see". I know it's a Lexus + BMW meet but can other Luxury Imports join in?
The WRX is gone... picked up a G35x for myself. I hope to see some familiar faces.
-Steve
Hey Steve! Just to make a quick correction, it's a Lexus, BMW AND Mercedes meet! Don't wanna forget the Mercedes guys!!!

Now, because we've been acquiring sponsors and they have been donating prizes for the 3 car groups involved, we don't want to invite FAMILIES of other car groups, because potentially that would limit space for the car groups specifically involved in the meet. As a direct result, some Lexus', BMWs and MBs may miss out on participating in the raffle that was designed and planned specifically for them. I certainly don't see any harm in you showing up at all as a single car unit. It will be nice having a G35 in the mix! But we are definitly discouraging groups or families of "other" car brands from coming, ONLY because of the combination of space limitations and fair prize distribution to the car groups invited.

Ron
Old 04-16-04, 02:08 PM
Blackmarket
Pole Position

WRXtsy , dont worry man, you won't be alone. I have been going to cl meets since I was a wee lad and will continue even though I dont have the lex anymore.
Old 04-16-04, 02:36 PM
WRXtsy
Driver School Candidate

thanks guys. i have been outta the whole meet thing. i decided to get rid of the WRX because I was getting pulled over way too much. I got sick of it one day and i had all the mods taken off. i'll be at the meet with Dennis (VSsc400). See you guys soon.
blackmarket: bring the coupe...i wanna drool over it a lil
Old 04-16-04, 04:12 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Raffle?????

Originally posted by T.L.W.
< ...snip!... >

Finally, raffle tickets will be $1 per ticket and there is a 5 ticket limit per person. This will be discussed more in another post. But just a heads up!!
Haven't seen another post on this yet...

Not to be a nuisance, but this doesn't seem the fairest way to do this. Here's my thoughts...

A) The prizes are all donated and since there is no expense associated with the meet, why should tickets be sold??

B) Letting each person have up to 5 tickets means there is a possibility of someone winning more than one prize.

C) Selling them opens up the possibility of someone not a "club member" taking home a prize.

I would like to suggest that each "member" (driver of a car in one of the clubs) be given a ticket when they arrive. They should be present when the numbers are drawn. Draw numbers until all the prizes are given out. This insures equitable distribution of prizes, and takes away any question of what happens to the money collected.

Just my $0.02 ...
Old 04-16-04, 04:15 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yankees Diva
yo can we eat at this thing? how bout some tailgaiting?? just a thought

~ Stella
[/QUOTE
Great idea Stella!

Anybody know if there's BBQ grills at this park or if we're allowed to bring our own?]
Old 04-16-04, 04:19 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default Selling/Swapping?

Just wanted to check in with the organizers to make sure it's OK to sell/swap parts at this meet? If so, I'd like to post some of the parts I have to offer and list some parts I'm looking for. Guess it should be in a new thread??
Old 04-16-04, 07:18 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Stuff for sale

I will be bringing 3 HYPER REV Aristo 2 mag. vol. #69 = $30

Paul
Old 04-16-04, 10:10 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Default Re: Selling/Swapping?

Originally posted by wmulli
Just wanted to check in with the organizers to make sure it's OK to sell/swap parts at this meet? If so, I'd like to post some of the parts I have to offer and list some parts I'm looking for. Guess it should be in a new thread??
Actually, we discussed doing this and agreed it would be a great idea! I mentioned it in the E46Fanatics thread, but got ZERO fedback on it, so I just thought people weren't interested in doing it and I left it alone. But, it is definitly cool to do! So bring your stuff and post what you want. I did in the Fanatics thread! I'll do it here too, but doubt it will reap any results for me on a Lexus site..

WANTED: ACS Roof Spoiler for E46 Sedan!
Old 04-16-04, 10:34 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Default Re: Raffle?????

Originally posted by wmulli
Haven't seen another post on this yet...

Not to be a nuisance, but this doesn't seem the fairest way to do this. Here's my thoughts...

A) The prizes are all donated and since there is no expense associated with the meet, why should tickets be sold??

B) Letting each person have up to 5 tickets means there is a possibility of someone winning more than one prize.

C) Selling them opens up the possibility of someone not a "club member" taking home a prize.

I would like to suggest that each "member" (driver of a car in one of the clubs) be given a ticket when they arrive. They should be present when the numbers are drawn. Draw numbers until all the prizes are given out. This insures equitable distribution of prizes, and takes away any question of what happens to the money collected.

Just my $0.02 ...
wmulli, you're not a nuisance. You've raised some valid points, which we intended on covering in that up and coming post that was promised would speak on the raffle situation. Since you've raised a few questions, allow me to give you a direct response to them (my letters will be a direct response to your corresponding letters):

A) Yes, the prizes are donated, but the Roosevelt Park permit that we acquired was not. The money gotten from the raffle ticket sales will be used to pay for that. We're hoping that we can raise enough to cover the cost that came directly out of our pockets. The WE I speak about here are the coordinators of this event: Tommy (Tommy), Doug (lexusk8), Derrick (DGOT20s) and Ron (That would be me A.K.A MSBoy / RRRize @ E46Fanatics).

B) It's true that there is a possibilty that 1 person may win more than one prize, but the probability of that happening is not likely. The 4 of us discussed this at some length and we determined that it would make things more interesting if we allowed people to increase their chances of winning a prize by allowing a 5 ticket limit. (By doing this, we also increase our chances of covering the cost of the permit that we acquired from the Parks Department.)

C) The fact of the matter is, this meet was designed for, but not limited to clublexus, e46fanatics or MBWorld members. We are certain that the greater majority of the people who attend will be forum members. The others will be people invited by forum members and those who got wind by scanning the forums. Ultimately, there is no way of controlling who comes to the meet or any way for us to ensure that we are addressing a forum member when face to face with people. Sure we could ask, but again, this meet was designed to not be limited to forum members only. But stay tuned for the raffle post promised. We did anticipate this issue and addressed it to the very best of our ability in the way in which we plan to conduct the raffle. I think you will find it satisfactory.

Regarding your closing suggestions, those are excellent thoughts and we have considered them and you will see them reflected in the raffle post that's up and coming.

Thanx!

Ron

Last edited by MSBoy; 04-16-04 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-17-04, 02:35 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Re: did you ever think!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DGOT20s
First off, I think you should read the entire thread before you post, because I have already quoted you and said that THIS--IS--NOT--A--CAR--SHOW. This is a meet for owners to get together, share info, give product testimonials, etc etc. There will be no DJ, no charge, no trophy's, etc etc etc.

I am not sure if you are familliar with the way that meets work (your comments indicate you are not), but in most cases, owners just pick a parking lot, show up and hope for the best. The organizers of this meet assesed the amount of cars we had signed up, and knew that a more secure plan had to made. The parks department was contacted, the process was layed out, and a permit was procured.

Now you tell me, would it be better to show up with 140+ cars with NO PERMIT, or show up with 140+ cars with a 100 CAR PERMIT?? Seems like a very simple equation to me. It has already been noted 2-3 times that if we are on our best behavior, we should have no problem with the extra cars.

Also, since you are new to this forum, why not hang out, READ THINGS, and get to know people before you start making certain comments? As a coordinator of this meet, I think your "swipes" are a little harsh (ie, STUPID!!!!!). Not to mention the fact that we are doing this for fun, the coordinators are not receiving a CL voucher for putting this meet together so go easy with the demands. (ie SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME WITH MY QUESTIONS)

I hope you dont take offense to my reply, but this is the second post of this nature that you have made and I thought it needed to be addressed as I dont want others to come on this post and potentially be scared away by your incorrect and unfounded comments.

If you need me to explain it any further, just click the little button below my reply that says "PM", you can send me a private message and I will lay it out for you.

D,

You put that so well and in a calm manner. I know personal attacks are not allowed on CL but I'm sorry if nobody is gonna say somethin .....

I guess its that NYC comin out in me but.....DOG!!! (MEARALMAGE) IF YOU ARE GONNA GET IN THE KOOL-AID .....KNOW THE FLAVOR...You played yourself yellin about a "car show" and how you "done it B4" and callin basically all the coordinators "Stupid".....when

1. Its not a car show ...and he said it about 2 times ....this time in bold

2. If you read the posts you would know whats up and wouldnt have typed that whole crap

3. Most of us already know eachother from prior meets and know the set up and routine ....THEN you, a BIG NEW JACK with your "10 posts" come stomping in a thread makin about as much sense as TV's in the headrests on a Hyundai Accent

GET FOCUSED MAN!

Sorry fellas, I know person attacks arent cool with the Mods....but I'm done, I cant see all the positivity of this meet ****** on by someone who been to zer0 CL meets,......I wont say anything else and just let ignorance be from this point on.....but I had to on that one!

FOR ALL THOSE THAT DONT KNOW.....THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF A MEET
Attached Thumbnails ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~-oct-12_03-pic7.jpg  
Old 04-17-04, 02:36 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

JUST Incase ya still dont get it....

heres another
Attached Thumbnails ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~-cl-meet-nov-12.jpg  
Old 04-17-04, 02:44 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by WRXtsy
hey guys....long time no "see". I know it's a Lexus + BMW meet but can other Luxury Imports join in?
The WRX is gone... picked up a G35x for myself. I hope to see some familiar faces.
-Steve
Hey man bring the G35x.....Blackmarket and I brought our G35 coupes to the last meet and he's bringing his to this one....Sorry I couldn't help him represent this time...so why dont you step in and bring the sedan.....!!!

THis was us at the last meet in NY......They called us traitors!!!.....but we know they dont really mean it???LOL
Attached Thumbnails ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~-g35-open-hood-at-meet.jpg  
Old 04-17-04, 06:41 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait so this ISN't a car show ...........just kidding

who would think with a couple of words a couple of months ago

it would grow to this

im all up for tailgating (if we can ) i'll bring the rolls

hey Ron is anyone from the BMW site from bergen county ????

Last edited by T.L.W.; 04-17-04 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~