Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-04, 08:10 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by NYC ES3
JUST Incase ya still dont get it....

heres another
WoW!! Where was this? What a nice open field for a meet!
Old 04-17-04, 08:40 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That was the Meet Nov 12th 2002, in Brooklyn at Floyd Bennet Field....

That turned into a "no-go" spot though....but yeah there was a WHOLE LOTTA room there...

Forgot the reason why it turned "no go" ....Vsc400 (Dennis) knows though...I think..
Old 04-17-04, 02:44 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking NICE

please remember "NO CAR SHOW" lol

lol. Good one NYC ES3
Old 04-17-04, 04:39 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: NICE

Originally posted by PAULGS430
please remember "NO CAR SHOW" lol

lol. Good one NYC ES3
LOL...Sheesh......Next we try sign language?.........LOL...Brail maybe?......I dont know....LOL
Old 04-17-04, 10:27 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

Not looking good (T_T)
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/08837

-Robert
Old 04-17-04, 10:32 PM
smimhee
Driver School Candidate

Default yeh

yeh i mentioned it before..........

Originally posted by roberttran
Not looking good (T_T)
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/08837

-Robert
Old 04-18-04, 12:40 AM
MearaImage
Driver School Candidate

Default oooh i see!!!! so it's not a......

cool, i follow this website for months, seeing what people are talking about,i buy a sc300 as a jdm toy. and decided to join CL.
after making some posts. and giving my 2 cents about this "MEET" which is a bunch of people that stand around looking at cars with other guys in a parking lot aka sausage fest.

last time i checked. we all drive lexus's here, and we all understand the finner things in life, that's why we dont drive civics or neon's, that's why this "MEET'' is "MEETING" other high end car groups!

Originally posted by DGOT20s
First off, I think you should read the entire thread before you post, because I have already quoted you and said that THIS--IS--NOT--A--CAR--SHOW. This is a meet for owners to get together, share info, give product testimonials, etc etc. (There will be "NO" DJ, no charge, no trophy's, etc etc etc.)<SOUNDS FUN

then i get bombarded by blaah baalh... by "NYC ES3"
{"I am not sure if you are familliar with the way that meets work (your comments indicate you are not), but in most cases, owners just pick a parking lot, show up and hope for the best. The organizers of this meet assesed the amount of cars we had signed up, and knew that a more secure plan had to made. The parks department was contacted, the process was layed out, and a permit was procured."}

let me be the first to say, "NO" i don't know how this works becuase, when i drive some place to meet people who are into cars, i don't go to some parking lot to show my car -i go to HIN or Importxpressions etc. i know a thing or two about show's or meets... ever herd of S.L.A.P<AKA TWEETER OR EVER HERD OF S.E.M.A ?
my familys company USE TO DOES ALL THE ADVERSTISING FOR THEM up until a couple of months ago do to the launch of a new tv show we produce -
herd of Importxpressions ? we where going to do there advertising, we talked to Joey Zang but
A. there bugget was to small
considerd buying the right to the show, but HIN is where it's at.
i'm not into grass roots meets] is it me or don't we drive lexus's....be a baller!!!
i never said to show up with a 140 cars with no permit!!! you need to read the post!!!! i said

"nyc es3 wrote"
Now you tell me, would it be better to show up with 140+ cars with NO PERMIT, or show up with 140+ cars with a 100 CAR PERMIT?? Seems like a very simple equation to me. It has already been noted 2-3 times that if we are on our best behavior, we should have no problem with the extra cars.
-take it easy!

"nyc es3 wrote"
Also, since you are new to this forum, why not hang out, READ THINGS, and get to know people before you start making certain comments? As a coordinator of this meet, I think your "swipes" are a little harsh (ie, STUPID!!!!!). Not to mention the fact that we are doing this for fun, the coordinators are not receiving a CL voucher for putting this meet together so go easy with the demands. (ie SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME WITH MY QUESTIONS)

FROM MEARA IMAGE-who are you! what diffrence if i'm new to the forum? the reson i'm new is becuase i've been modding bimmers and ben'z, and decided to start modding lexus's. but just nenver had one.
the whole purpose of this website is to make comments? "MR.coordinator"lol
SOrry i was "harsh" with my "Swipes"- " just wondering but are u one of the fab 5 queer eye for the strieght guys? becuase with words like that-- aah i just don't know!
by the way the the whole "making meany commnets and stuff" which i never did say!
you called me "STUPID".
lol you drive a CAMRY i mean es300... haaaah

god - take things the wrong way.. i was just asking a question about this meet which i thought was meet greet car show type of deal. now i know that you guys just sit around looking at cars , conversing about automobile related stuff... that's fine that's just not my deal.
i like to sit around with ill cars but without chicks or music?

i think it's time to go back to the bimmers and benz's car clubs and stay away from jap cars becuase my skin is turning yellow & my eyes ar starting to slant if you know what i meen--lol jk

"the art of a deal, is taking another mans money without resorting to violence!"
Old 04-18-04, 02:18 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Calling people on the forum stupid and making racial slurrs on this forum are unacceptable. Forums like this are designed for us to speak our minds and to express our disagreements with one another. There are, however, guidelines implimented. Here's a link to them for your review and editification: FORUM RULES AND REGULATIONS

Your personal attacks, racially demeaning remarks and attacks on peoples sexual orientation were plain offensive. You cap your comments with "LOL" and "JK" AFTER making a racially offensive comment. Unacceptable! Respect, common courtesy and common sence are the the keys. Before you say something, why not ask yourself if you are about to disrespect someone? If the answer is yes, reconstruct your thoughts or don't comment.

Also, consider the fact that people have spent a LOT of time and effort to make this meet work. Other members, like wmulli, have expressed their concerns and disagreements with things, but did it in a constructive and positive manner. wmulli, in his expression of disagreement was clearly interested in offering constructive suggestions on how we can make this meet work better. We considered his concerns and have made changes as a direct result (as will be seen in an up and coming post on this thread). My point is that constructive and positive commentary are welcomed and APPRECIATED! If all you have to offer is demeaning and negative commentary, (and you happen to be the ONLY person doing so - on ALL of the forums involved) why not just agree to disagree and not say anything at all? In that way you would be making a positive contribution to this thread and to this community.

Finally, let me let you know that I am not a moderator of this forum. I'm just a regular member trying to contribute to what I consider to be an excellent community to share ideas with and learn. I personally believe this meet will only contribute to and enrich my experience and membership. Your comments do nothing to enrich or encourage. You've offered nothing helpful or constructive and you did all that in an offensive manner. I just request that you hold on to such commentary when you feel that urge to post it, since clearly your goal is not to encourage or offer help or solutions. I assure you that just as no one has your back now, others who joined this forum for the same reasons I did (majority) will not ever have your back if you maintain that stand.

Thank you.

Ron

Last edited by MSBoy; 04-18-04 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-18-04, 06:33 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

MERAL IMAGE- I am not even going to waste my time with your ignorance man. You have no idea what a fool you just made of yourself, as a matter of fact, you just did a 100% better job of disrespecting YOURSELF, then I could.

As I told you once before LEARN HOW TO USE THE DAMN FUNCTIONS before you post!! Dgot20s and NYCES3 are 2 different people, figure that out before you start putting their posts together incorrectly

I'm not going to let your comments ruin what we have worked hard to build man, so do yourself and the rest of us a favor, since we are so--(insert racial or stereotypical comment here)--, just dont post here any more.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-18-04 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-18-04, 06:41 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default Re: oooh i see!!!! so it's not a......

Originally posted by MearaImage

i think it's time to go back to the bimmers and benz's car clubs and stay away from jap cars becuase my skin is turning yellow & my eyes ar starting to slant if you know what i meen--lol jk

"the art of a deal, is taking another mans money without resorting to violence!"
I don't think this is funny.. .. If you don't like "sitting around" looking at cars that is fine, u don't have to come, but please don't make racial comments even though u were just kidding . Having a meet like this IMO is BETTER than a car show because we bring together people who have the same passion of hooking up cars.

No offense man, but I think u should go back to wherever u came from because obviously we are not "cool" enough to hang with ya .
Old 04-18-04, 07:16 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

ATTENDEES OF THIS MEET:

Please ignore the ignorant comments of Meral-Image, and DO NOT respond to them on the public forums. If we all stoop to 2nd grade level, then this thread is going to get closed and with a week to go, we still need this form of communication.

I realize that his comments were VERY disrespectful towards those of a certain physical make-up, but please just ignore it. If you must address MERAL, please do it in a PM.

Thanks guys, and I hope you all understand why we must take the 'high road' for the overall benefit of this meet.
Old 04-18-04, 07:22 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: Raffle?????

Originally posted by MSBoy
<...snip!...>
A) Yes, the prizes are donated, but the Roosevelt Park permit that we acquired was not. The money gotten from the raffle ticket sales will be used to pay for that. We're hoping that we can raise enough to cover the cost that came directly out of our pockets. The WE I speak about here are the coordinators of this event: Tommy (Tommy), Doug (lexusk8), Derrick (DGOT20s) and Ron (That would be me A.K.A MSBoy / RRRize @ E46Fanatics).

<...snip!...>

Regarding your closing suggestions, those are excellent thoughts and we have considered them and you will see them reflected in the raffle post that's up and coming.

Thanx!

Ron
Thanks Ron, I hadn't realized the permit cost $$...

(In his best Gilda Radner Churchlady voice) - "Nevermind!"
Old 04-18-04, 08:36 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts
Default Re: oooh i see!!!! so it's not a......

Originally posted by MearaImage
SOrry i was "harsh" with my "Swipes"- " just wondering but are u one of the fab 5 queer eye for the strieght guys? becuase with words like that-- aah i just don't know!
by the way the the whole "making meany commnets and stuff" which i never did say!
you called me "STUPID".
lol you drive a CAMRY i mean es300... haaaah

MearaImage:

I think its a great idea for you to go back to those clubs if you cannot follow the forum rules you agreed to when you joined ClubLexus. We do not tolerate racial slurs and personal attacks here, no matter how many "lol" and "jk" you put around them. Any continued outburst and your access from our forums will be removed.

Either:

1) come up with some constructive ideas given the factors and constraints that are involved. Maybe you can put your family's vast experience in marketing to good use to resolve the issues you see rather than simply brag about it.

- OR -

2) don't come to the meet.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-18-04 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-18-04, 08:36 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Raffle?????

(In his best Gilda Radner Churchlady voice) - "Nevermind!" [/B][/QUOTE]

no no no no wmulli, Gildna Radner did the character Emily Latella, she said "Nevermind" to Chevy Chase and Jane Curtain on Weekend update.

Dana Carvey was the church lady and she said "well....isn't that speeeecccial."

steveij
Old 04-18-04, 09:02 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Raffle?????

Originally posted by steviej
(In his best Gilda Radner Churchlady voice) - "Nevermind!"

no no no no wmulli, Gildna Radner did the character Emily Latella, she said "Nevermind" to Chevy Chase and Jane Curtain on Weekend update.

Dana Carvey was the church lady and she said "well....isn't that speeeecccial."

steveij [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was the Emily character I was thinking of. Don't know where "Churchlady" came from Must be my galloping senility rearing it's ugly head LOL!

Nice to know somebody else recognizes Gilda, with all the "young 'uns" in the forum, I was wondering if anybody would get the reference

Quick Reply: ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~