Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-04, 09:29 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do a great Rosanne Rosannadanna impression......I'll see you next Sunday.

steviej
Old 04-18-04, 10:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Members,

I have just deleted a response to inappropriate statements made earlier and warned the poster via PM.

None of these will be tolerated on our forum, please keep to the topic of the upcoming meet.

As a reminder, click here for our forum rules.

Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it is another member’s fault. Members have two options of recourse:

1. Email the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.

2. Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-18-04 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-18-04, 10:15 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Captain Bone
From the list it seems like

-Anthony
GS4fun will make an appearance if he doesn't have to work!

but it will be as BMW4fun!
Old 04-18-04, 10:39 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Raffle?????

Originally posted by wmulli
Thanks Ron, I hadn't realized the permit cost $$...

(In his best Gilda Radner Churchlady voice) - "Nevermind!"
No, thank you! We realized that you didn't know there was a cost involved in getting the permit. We didn't mention it originally because we did not want anyone to feel obligated to have to pay anything. We just want people to come and have fun and not have to worry about anything! Your constructive comments prompted discussions between Derrick, Doug, Tommy and I and we made some changes as a result of your comments, including the reduction of the max number of tickets one can purchase for the raffle. (Raffle post coming soon). So again, thank you wmulli.You, like us, are clarly interested in the overall success and enjoyment of this meet and entertaining constructive comments like yours is a pleasure.

Let me note: People may disagree with how we're going about doing something as regards our coordination of this meet. We completely encourage and welcome your observations and suggestions! Afterall, we just want this thing to be enjoyable and as fun as it can possibly be for all! All of the coordinators have jobs and are busy throughout the day. As a result we could potentially miss something or overlook some things that could make this meet better. We counter that by having regular discussions via e-mail, conference calls and individual calls throughout the week. But YOU guys and gals certainly have a voice and we appreciate your input! So, please don't hold back from making constructive comments and adding your input! This meet is not for Doug, Derrick, Tommy and Ron. It's for ALL of us and so we all have a voice!! We are listening!

Ron
Old 04-19-04, 08:47 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

You guys are MEAN! you ignored my eating comment to fight about stupid stuff. i think eating is more important!. now dont ignore me this time please!

now the other thing i wanted to comment about and not to jinx this but according to the weather there saying RAIN. so what happens if it rains to we rescheduling or ?

~ Stella
Old 04-19-04, 08:56 AM
roberttran
Pole Position

Originally posted by Yankees Diva
You guys are MEAN! you ignored my eating comment to fight about stupid stuff. i think eating is more important!. now dont ignore me this time please!

now the other thing i wanted to comment about and not to jinx this but according to the weather there saying RAIN. so what happens if it rains to we rescheduling or ?

~ Stella

Agreed, food is important. Has the organizers though of a food scheme? I have a six burner gas grill but not sure how I'd transport it if you guys need a grill Are there grills at the park? I think it would be pretty hecktic if people were leaving and entering the park all the time for food.

-Robert
Old 04-19-04, 09:56 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Yankees Diva

~ Stella

may 2nd is the rain date

and i said ill bring the rolls what are you bringing?

Daily Details for Edison, NJ for Sun, Apr 25

Day Night Averages & Records

High:
57°F

Few Showers

Wind:
From the East Southeast at 10 mph

Precip: 30 %

Max. Humidity: 59 %

UV Index: 5 Moderate

Low:
46°F

Cloudy

Wind:
From the East Southeast at 7 mph

Precip: 10 %

Max. Humidity: 67 %

Sunrise: 6:04 AM

Sunset: 7:48 PM

Avg. High: 67°F

Avg. Low: 42°F

Record High: 92°F (1960)

Record Low: 27°F (1956)

Last edited by T.L.W.; 04-19-04 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-19-04, 08:39 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

FOLKS,
still a little early to worry about the weather, but 30% is almost nill from what i know of
the weatherchannel. if it's anything over 50% then i am more concerned, but 30% is just
about as good as gold that nothing much will happen other than cloudy weather. check
back in on friday for better info, though, like someone already stated, the weather folks
are sometimes even wrong the day before.
it'll all work out all right.
since some folks are into quotes i offer this one:
"keep the faith, baby!"
-Clevon Little (Sherrif Bart) from Blazing Saddles.
Old 04-19-04, 09:08 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure of this $$. Are we paying for raffling tickets or a fee to set up at the park or what? Just need to be sure how much i am paying, and what i am paying for.

John
Old 04-19-04, 09:54 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by JohnGS4
Not sure of this $$. Are we paying for raffling tickets or a fee to set up at the park or what? Just need to be sure how much i am paying, and what i am paying for.

John
John, you don't have to pay for anything. Entry into the park is free (public park), hanging out is free, EVERYTHING is free except raffle tickets, if you choose to enter the raffle. Tickets will be $1 per ticket and there will be a limit of 3 tickets per person. A raffle post with all the raffle details will be posted TODAY (Tuesday - 4/20), likely after 2PM.
Old 04-20-04, 07:21 AM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's up All, I will be dropping my little cousin off right around the corner. I'll have other things I have to get done but I'll still show some CL love and stop by.

See you all Sunday

Vinnie
Old 04-20-04, 11:29 AM
NYBlkLex
Pole Position

Default Hunny Survey

Anybody bringing their wife, girlfirend, mistress ,lover and or significant other
Old 04-20-04, 12:28 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Originally posted by ddarbs55
FOLKS,
still a little early to worry about the weather, but 30% is almost nill from what i know of
the weatherchannel. if it's anything over 50% then i am more concerned, but 30% is just
about as good as gold that nothing much will happen other than cloudy weather. check
back in on friday for better info, though, like someone already stated, the weather folks
are sometimes even wrong the day before.
it'll all work out all right.
since some folks are into quotes i offer this one:
"keep the faith, baby!"
-Clevon Little (Sherrif Bart) from Blazing Saddles.

LOL I just received a call from PaulGs430 and we talked about the weather as well...30% of a shower is not saying much and the weather is changing daily..I think that we will be alright and that anything over 50% would be talking a different story..I hope that the 30% possiblity does not scare everyone off from coming..

Question to the COORDINATORS: When will you decide to call off the meet if the weather changes to worse conditions???? Becasue of now its STILL ON!!!!!!!!!! I went to this link here http://nj.weather-forecast.ws/edison and they are calling for party cloud day 62degrees...no rain...

Another question I talked with PaulGS430 and not sure if this has been covered but will someone bring like some sticky name tags so people can identify themselves with their real name as well as screen name...some people like newbies may not know a lot of people.... and I admit that I forget a lot of names but recognize faces....I think the name tag would be a good idea...
Old 04-20-04, 01:26 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because of the sheer size of all luxury cars coming, we ask that you please arrive early to the meet in order to be guaranteed a parking spot. Also, we will strongly consider parking groups in the grove, according to make and model (e.g. Lexus GS, SC, ... then BMW E36, E46, .... then Benz C-class, CLK, ...)

if this goes smoothly

ill buy first round

first graders comes to mind (lining up according to height)
Old 04-20-04, 01:35 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

NYBLKLEX,

Actually my girlfriend will be tagging along with me, as will a friend of mine, hopefully if he isn't gettin his car worked on this Weekend. Who knows?! But my girl is def. going, so if your bringing whichever (girlfriend, mistress, wifey, w/e) then your not alone.

John

Quick Reply: ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~