Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-04, 07:57 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAIN - WHAT NOW???

What a blessing and a what a curse!

The blessing was the HUGE turnout! At 1PM there were easily 150+ cars there! The BMW representation was extremely strong, which made me especially proud! Thanx guys for showing up and a shout to the M3Forum (Club 333+) guys for getting there early and decorating the place for us with those sweet Ms! The Lexus representation was also very strong and I got to see some of the sweetest GSs and SCs I have ever seen in my life!!! I wanna give everyone a shout, but of course can't, so lemme just say props go out to Lexus11, DGOT20s and Halo! Sweet GSs indeed! Halo, the ride home was intense!!!! Thanx! The raffle went well, but not nearly as well as it would have gone had it not rained!

The curse - well, IT RAINED! Many of the beautiful Bimmers, Benzes and Lexus' bailed and understandably so. What a mess and what a huge let down from what had the makings of one of the best meets to date!

As far as the rain date is concerned, well, we already did the raffle today and so we decided that the BMW Lex MB meet was official. However, I certainly will show up if everyone wants to meet up again on May 2nd (this coming Snday). Just be warned, we do not have a permit for May 2nd and that could potentially pose a problem. A cop approached us today and confirmed that we had a permit, so they are definilty on the look-out. If you guys wanna risk it, I'm there! So who is in for May 2nd?

Finally, let me say, THANX for showing up! I got to meet a bunch of guys and finally put a face to the name. Everyone I met was really cool and I appreciated that a lot! Me and the other 3 coordinators of this event discussed having a real make-up meet, with sponsors and a raffle again in mid-June. So, let's prep or minds for that and let's let the count down for that begin NOW!

Otherwise, THANX AGAIN GUYS!! Despite the rain, we managed to extract some fun out of this thing!! Till next time, keep safe!!!

Ron
Old 04-25-04, 08:22 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Despite the freezing cold and annoying rain, I had fun, it was my first meet. I had fun because I actually won stuff at the raffle, that was because many members left. I never win anything in my life, seriously, NEVER.
Old 04-25-04, 08:23 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

what was being raffled off>?
Old 04-25-04, 09:06 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Tom's radiator cap, TRD Shift ****, TRD air filter, keychains, stainless steel cups, and a lexus car care package and some other stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head. The MB and BMW raffle was probably more exciting for them because they definitely had a better chance of winning stuff. There was only one e36 owner who bought one raffle in the e36 category. Now obviously he wasn't surprised he won.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, there were some lexus foam coffee warmers that "everyone really wanted to win"
Old 04-25-04, 09:08 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

i'm really mad my ****ty car is in the body shop.
Old 04-26-04, 04:58 AM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on my way and turned around at 1:30 due to the rain. If we met next sunday what is the big deal why do you need a permit if people just park their cars and talk? I would definitly show up next sunday I was dying to go this sunday and figured that most people would have left due to the rain.
Old 04-26-04, 05:33 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Yes after 4.5 hours of caravaning it did indeed rain
But with that being said, I met a lot of great guys, TLW, DIESELMANN,FUTUREGSORIS,ONEHOTSC400,MsBoy,LEXUS8,TED920,STEVIEJ,JIFFYPOP and anyothers Imissed I am truly sorry. It was awesome to see such a great turnout of cars, it was sunny when we left to go to the meet and we turned in saw about 200 cars said WOW and the rain came lol.
Anyways thanks to TLW for getting us to the bridge fromt here it was a peice cake.

As for the COORDINATORS (MsBoy, DGOT20'S,LEXUS8), I send this message to you guys. You put a lot of work into this meet, didn't get paid and look at the turnout you created. For that you must be commended for a great job. Also when I saw you guys running around in the rain all wet and soggy it made me appreciate your services even more. GUYS GREAT WORK AND WE SHALL DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-04, 05:40 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

First off I want to thank the organizers of this event for a job done really well!!!!! The tunrout was *huge*, even with the rain

Second, I'd definately be up for a makeup meet in June (or whenever, the sooner the better). While my son and I had fun there, I felt letdown that I didn't get to meet and talk to more people. Looking forward to a chance to rectify that

Lastly, I'd love to try again next Sunday (May 2nd). The forecast now is for rain then, but that's likely to change over the course of the week. As for needing a permit, I would think if we didn't have a raffle or anything "official" like that, what could they say to people who just wanted to visit the park and see some friends?

Last edited by wmulli; 04-26-04 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-26-04, 06:31 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I must say, I was totally impressed with the amount, and more over, the quality of cars that were at this meet....even in the rain !!! You all must be complimented on your dedication and passion for your cars. I was the lowly Acura Legend
Old 04-26-04, 07:09 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

first of all, to all the co-ordinators... you guys did an EXCELLENT job. the turnout was HUGE. this was my first cl meet and i enjoyed it despite the rain... we had NO control over that and i guess there is always next time... but all in all, i had fun and i was one of the lucky winners of those lexus mug warmers
Old 04-26-04, 08:15 AM
AltezzaBoy
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by varcity64
first of all, to all the co-ordinators... you guys did an EXCELLENT job. the turnout was HUGE. this was my first cl meet and i enjoyed it despite the rain... we had NO control over that and i guess there is always next time... but all in all, i had fun and i was one of the lucky winners of those lexus mug warmers
me 2!! haha i was one of the camo "G-Unit" mug warmer winners
Old 04-26-04, 08:25 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright...enough talking already...where are the pics?
Old 04-26-04, 09:12 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it really was a damn shame

the day started out so nice and then just as we pull in

RAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

but all in all it was a huge turnout and i did win some prizes (back to back i might add )

just wanted to say thanks to lexis11,jiffypop,futuregs and friend,kendu14 And all the other guys i met sorry

i forgot your names .............too much Jack Daniels and Molson XXX we got to get together again

lexis11 glad to hear you guys got home safe

iknow we hit the traffic right before the bridge

Dgot20's your car was amazing

thanks again to Derrick,Doug,Ron and Tommy

May 2nd I'm there

ill post some pics later
Old 04-26-04, 09:42 AM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Is this definite for may 2nd??
Old 04-26-04, 10:09 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default a few pics (none really good :()

The arrival:
Attached Thumbnails ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~-convoy_01a.jpg  

Quick Reply: ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~