Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-04, 03:05 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by mikeyboy
WHAT ABOUT MARCH SECOND!!!!!
Do you mean MAY 2nd

this is what MsBoy wrote
As far as the rain date is concerned, well, we already did the raffle today and so we decided that the BMW Lex MB meet was official. However, I certainly will show up if everyone wants to meet up again on May 2nd (this coming Snday). Just be warned, we do not have a permit for May 2nd and that could potentially pose a problem. A cop approached us today and confirmed that we had a permit, so they are definilty on the look-out. If you guys wanna risk it, I'm there! So who is in for May 2nd?

Last edited by T.L.W.; 04-26-04 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-26-04, 05:03 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off, major props to the coordinators. you folks went waaay beyond the call of duty when you
hung in there to do the raffle. it was a blast being my first meet. thanks again to you folks for
doing a GREAT job!
second, to all the folks that showed up, all done with a touch of class. no one got out of line
or made any of us look bad. Lexus, BMW, Benz's all in the same lot checking each other out. very cool!

man, let me tell ya' though, there were about 5 or 6 of us Lexus guys lookin' really silly there for a
while. here we set this meet up and have over 60 cars saying they're going to show up and it
was about 1:30 or so and only a handfull of Lexus' compared to all of those jack M5's. they were
lookin' sweeet, too! they rolled in in a big way and set up quick. they had their stuff together, no
doubt. heck, there was even 3 Mitsubishi's (or whatever they were) that trooped in. and were showin'.
man, that was FUNNY lol!!

then the cavalry arrived led by DGots and that GADZOOKS! gold beaut. even though it started
raining the Lexus' keep comn'. the line of cars was awesome! it streched clear out of the parking
lot. it was amazing!

glad you all got home safely. that's a heck of a ride from both North & South.
it was really nice to hang out with y'all and to finally get a chance to meet a few of you. i'm down for a little
get together if you wanna' do it in june.just feel that if we do a tri-meet again we need to pick a bigger lot.
when folks find out how well it turned out - even though only for a short time, there are bound to be a lot
more rides showin'.
may 2? yeah, i could stop by for a while if the weather cooperates.

PEACE!
Old 04-26-04, 05:07 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Unhappy

Ahhh man...Im sittin here typing and listening to the rain pound outside jus like it did on our headz...Dang it....It was cold an every meet that Ive been 2 there is RAIN or COLD air present somehow!!! I cant wait to have another nice meet maybe in another area in North Jerzee....in late May or early June..not sure if the same coordinators will pick up the responsibility.....And on that note big shout out to the coordinators that took the time hustle and energy to make it possible and of course without the CL members being there we as a whole make it happen...I really really loved seeing all the Beamers.....there were a lot of good looks out there.....
We had a real nice posse on the way up and the weather was looking shady but no rain...Yeh okay....we stopped at the mall to get our grub on....we walked out an it was RAINING First thing everybody screams is Dave....like I had somethin to do with it...but anyway We will do it all ova again an next time I will have my chrome trunk bar on
Old 04-26-04, 06:09 PM
lexluger18
Driver School Candidate

any of you turds got footage?because altezzaboy is making a vid and he barely has any
Old 04-26-04, 06:48 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Did anyone else see what this fool "WOlfGang" from the M3 forum wrote :
"It was an awesome meet as far as the BMWs go. However, the rain and the "bling bling" ryce mobiles ruined it for me so I took off a lil early."
Marv800 - "why does everyone looke like a street thug or hoodlum?"

-"Those would be the ryce mobile owners"

Not to start any *****.. but why must people be so ignorant and retarded.. I cant stand people like this.. hell.. if he wanted to say stupid stuff to my face.. than thats different, becuase i can do something about it.

Thanks for letting me vent

J

Other than this fool. i really liked the M's and everyone seemed to be nice
Old 04-26-04, 06:53 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dont sweat it man, those comments are made by the "keyboard thugs", they talk alot of smack on the internet, never to a man's face.
Old 04-26-04, 06:59 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Wink My post-meet thoughts..

First off, I want to say that I truly appreciate all those from ClubLexus who heard about the meet when we started the thread more than a month ago, and latched onto it until the end. It definitely shows the kind of enthusiasm and trust we have for our cars, the Lexus community, modifications, and the like. I know I've said this many times before from the past CL meets I organized, but it's this kind of event that brings out the pride, joy and love for our cars in a people-friendly kind of fashion (much to the reality these days, doesn't really happen as often as we like).

Onto the actual meet... and the rainy weather, well what can I say? As many others have said, we truly have no control over it, and we don't blame those whose spirits were dampened by Mother Nature's offering, but what I'm kinda blessed about it is the numbers of people who still hung onto the meet for the most part (including the long-awaited raffle). That's an amazing accomplishment we should all be proud of.

It was of course very nice (and warm to the blood) to see old CL pals like (just a few I remember) the Philly GS crew (you know who you are), Dennis (One HoT with the always amazingly modded SC4), Stefan (Stefwilli - love the new LS man, keep her clean and can't wait to see her in new shoes ), Mike (DaizenLex - I love the "new" SC you got to replace the old black one; I'm sure you'll miss it dearly, but that shows you're one true Lex fan! BTW, your exhaust is definitely loud but too quiet versus the M3s LOL j/k)

And some of the relatively "new" CL friends I met for the first time:

- Jeff (Lexis11 - sweet looking white GS, formerly RI-GS4's. Think of it as passing on the torch) Enjoy it man, and next time we should get together and discuss more poker stories.
- Johnny (T.L.W. - Spectra Blue Mica is honestly a rare but hot color to see on a GS, and ditto on the passing torch comment). Thanks for bringing on the enthusiasm to the meet bro, and take it easy on the Molsons LOL
- Diane(?) (LadyGS3 - although I didn't get to see your GS in person, you really provided more than enough help with the Lexus raffle. Thanks so much! We appreciate your assistance on that critical part of the meet, and I hope to see you and badboybeul at a later NE meet)

Speaking of the raffle, I must send my many thanks to the following CL vendors who lent a hand with the wonderful and generous product donations:

- Steve Ganz of Carson Toyota
- Sal Zaino of Zaino Bros
- Darrell Diller of Sewell Lexus
- Mother's Car Care (thanks to ted920 for hooking that up)

Lastly, I want to congratulate the other coordinators of the meet (Derrick - DGOT20s, Ron - MSBoy, Tom - tommy from MBWorld.org). We had our ups and downs throughout the entire organization part, but we helped each other at urgent times and pulled through together like a tight family. Although the rain did downplay the enthusiasm factor to some degree at the meet, I think we can all safely say that this meet went down as the very 1st successful Northeast US luxury car hybrid meet. This is because of the following reasons: There was no cost to the attendants, we had a fully legal permit to hold the meet, and invited a widely varied crew (not just the locals) who hailed from many parts of the Northeast US (NY/NJ/CT, MD, DE, MA, RI, etc.) True, this meet idea seemed almost impossible to pull off in the very beginning stage of it, but as we delved more into the research, the potential and realization of the meet gradually grew, and so eventually has the word of mouth. I'm just glad we were all able to stick to our guns and the game plan

Once again, I thank you all for coming to this one of a kind luxury car hybrid meet (Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz), and although I don't have any of my own personal pics to show off (blame it on the rain) , I do hope my carefully collective thoughts from this post exhibit the general impression of the meet

Your co-coordinator,
Doug

EDIT: I forgot to mention a few things:

1) The money gathered from the raffle helped paid off the permit fee for Roosevelt Park, so that's straight. Thank you guys.
2) steviej - Thanks so much for bringing the bullhorn down for use in the raffle portion of the meet. To tell you the truth I kinda had fun with it! This would be great to use in a future meet similar in size to this.
3) Big shout out to the few people representing Lexus Owner's Club. Although most of you have never heard of them, they're another Internet-based Lexus enthusiast club with a smaller number of members, but the degree of interest is starting to escalate there. I just want everyone know that they're there, and I have reason to believe that after this past meet, they will certainly show up in future Lexus meets

Last edited by lexusk8; 04-26-04 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-26-04, 07:51 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

hope this is the first of an annual thing.

have to ask you folks who caravan'd down/up. did you folks turn heads on the highway or what?
did everyone stick together or did anyone break ranks and torque one out?
Old 04-26-04, 08:19 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by J_RoK
Did anyone else see what this fool "WOlfGang" from the M3 forum wrote :
"It was an awesome meet as far as the BMWs go. However, the rain and the "bling bling" ryce mobiles ruined it for me so I took off a lil early."
Marv800 - "why does everyone looke like a street thug or hoodlum?"

-"Those would be the ryce mobile owners"

Not to start any *****.. but why must people be so ignorant and retarded.. I cant stand people like this.. hell.. if he wanted to say stupid stuff to my face.. than thats different, becuase i can do something about it.

Thanks for letting me vent

J

Other than this fool. i really liked the M's and everyone seemed to be nice
...sigh. There's always one or 2. Well, after reading your comments I ran over to M3Forum to see if that was really the case. You see, at the meet I made it my business to approach as many people as I possibly could. I started with the Lex guys and worked my way over to the M guys and met some Benz guys. Frankly, EVERYONE I met was so cool and it just made me feel good to be in the company of real car enthusiasts! Anyway, after reading your comment J_RoK, I went over to see if that comment really existed on MForum, not because I doubted you, but because I just found it so hard to believe that lame comments like that actually were voiced publically. Well, low and behold I fond the thread where the comment existed. Like I said, there's always 1 or 2. But if you go back to that thread you will see that he got flamed by the girl with the sweet M3! He tried to come back with some wise nonesence, but then she shut him down once and for all! Thought you might like to know that. Anyway, I met a bunch of guys from MForum in person and they were very cool guys, so don't judge them all based on one person's comments.

You probably went over there to see their pics and to hear their experiences and how they related to yours, so I apologize that you had to get wind of those lame comments. I know I don't have to apologize, but I kinda feel a sence of sincere obligation, being a BMW owner and coordinator. I certainly don't advocate such idiocy and was just as offended as you. I also commend you for taking the high road and still complimenting their cars even though one of them offended you.

Now back to the more positive stuff!! I saw the sign in your window J_RoK, but I completely forgot what your car looked like! LOL! I was running like a mad-man in the rain throughout the lot knocking on peoples tinted windows, informing them that they should come on out to join the raffle and then I saw J_RoK in a windsheild and at that moment I said to myself that I had to find you to meet you, but somehow we must have missed one another. Or did we? LOL!

The Lexus turnout was IMPRESSIVE! 1HOT's car was plain SCHWEET! I've never seen an SC look so hot! DGOT with his new iForged Techniks was on point. Lexus11's car was really tight and he's a real cool guy (despite the fact that he's a RedSux fan... I'm trying very hard not to hold that against him since he was so cool!) HALO's ride was tight (I forgot his CL tag name). Then there was that guy with the IS300 widebody! Dang, I cannot remember the names of the 2 GS guys that were next to the widebody IS, but OMG the sound systems were incredible in those GSs and the dude with the GameCube and the PS2... TIGHT! Very TIGHT! I could go on and on about the fierce Lex representation! Gotta thank you guys for gracing the place with such sweet rides! Shout to the M guys too! Very sweet machines! And shout to the Benz dudes as well! There was a smooth CLK 430 in a class all by itself! It just sat pretty and looked MEAN! Then there was the S55. I learned from the S55 owner that it's "just" 380HP from factory? I was like "ONLY?" Well, he chipped his and it's now 480HP and his is not a Kompressor (supercharged)! Got a look inside and it's just butta! I want one! Then there was the C32 guy and the SL500 guy! WoW! Real nice Benz showing indeed! This must be done again WITH NO FRIGGIN RAIN!!!!! Might come sooner that you think! Stay tuned!

Ron

Last edited by MSBoy; 04-27-04 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-26-04, 08:45 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has got to be the most luxurious meet yet to date allot of Bimmers, i was disappointed by the MB turnout , but all behold we did it again , besides stopping traffic a few times ( which i will no longer take responsability of doing) you get mean looks from people who we block off. But i really enjoyed the GS's which came to the meet each one is unique in its own accord, not too many ES's but i am yet still waiting for a modded ES, and what the heck happened to the RX, any GX's in the crew LS? I mean we had a huge turnout and definitely respect to those who stayed a bit longer who did have faith in the weather which cleared up later. Im not sure who the guy was but he had a black GS with 2 w6 JL's that system pumped, goood enough to vibrate well everything .The coordinators again planned this out to perfection excluding the treachorous mother nature which i have despised since winter time , and it managed to pour 10 minutes after the NY crew came through. I really want to say thanks to all those who make these meets possible all the guys who come down , organizers and especially the Sponsors who no one has mentioned yet , but thanks to them for the donated goods, who knows sooner or later wel see Lextech industries get in there (LOL). Oh and i couldnt resist pulling some doughnuts iin the lot , but dont tell doug.
Old 04-26-04, 08:57 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DaizenLex
, organizers and especially the Sponsors who no one has mentioned yet , but thanks to them for the donated goods, .

just wanted to say thanks to whoever supplied the keychain and my coffee mug

Last edited by T.L.W.; 04-26-04 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-26-04, 10:41 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by T.L.W.
just wanted to say thanks to whoever supplied the keychain and my coffee mug

Holy cow!! How could I have forgotten to have mentioned your car in my lil' shouts! I LOVE yer car dude! That was DEFINITLY a good purchase man! It looks sweet and smooth like buttah! Next meet I want a quick chauffeuring around the lot in that baby!
Old 04-27-04, 03:52 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

thanks alot ron

i had to post that pic of the lowriders on the BMw wheels just for you LOL

you had a sweet car

didnt have a chance to check the interior out though

this sunday may be if the weather is good

and ill take 100 pictures to make up for this weekend

-johnny-
Old 04-27-04, 05:09 AM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is probably to soon to ask already. But, When is the next meet. We need a nice day. I haven't gone to a meet since November 2002 at FBF in brklyn. And everybody stayed from like 12 to like almost 6. We need to get a nice day. If there is a forecast for rain we shouldn't take the chance and see, the meet should just be rescheduled.
Old 04-27-04, 05:28 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Diesel- your car is OFF THE CHAIN!!! The wing is perfect finishing touch man, good job

Thanks D! You surprised me too with those wheels man ! Those lips were just plain awesome ! I took pics of the GS lineup with all of us at the Pier and at the park, I'll try to post it up ASAP.

Quick Reply: ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~