Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-04, 06:20 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus11's car was really tight and he's a real cool guy (despite the fact that he's a RedSux fan... I'm trying very hard not to hold that against him since he was so cool!)
Ron likewise to you man, I was really impressed with the turnout of the BMW's, shows a lot of respect towards you man. You were running around like a chicken with your head cut off but I said I had to meet ya and you didn't disappoint me, very very cool dude. Glad to have met ya and we shall do it again real soon. Oh i forgot my broom at the meet, could you send it to me?

Doug, great work with the meet, it was a pleasure caravaning (sp?) down with you even though you had a few good moves to try and lose us lol

I could go on for days about the guys I met which were only a handfull but every one was real cool and I was psyched to have met ya.
Old 04-27-04, 07:26 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: My post-meet thoughts..

Originally posted by lexusk8
Diane(?) (LadyGS3) - although I didn't get to see your GS in person, you really provided more than enough help with the Lexus raffle. Thanks so much! We appreciate your assistance on that critical part of the meet, and I hope to see you and badboybeul at a later NE meet)
I agree, Diane you are a class act. It just goes to show that no matter how smart a man is, he STILL needs a woman to help him!! LOL Thanks for stepping up to plate and helping us get the ball rolling on the raffle.

Another car that I liked- MSBoy, the Gettins are a homerun on the car man, it looks like a pit bull coming down the highway!

I think we all had a good time because we were looking forward to it, I guess not even the weather could "dampen" our enthusiasm! (pun intended )
Old 04-27-04, 09:33 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by ddarbs55
have to ask you folks who caravan'd down/up. did you folks turn heads on the highway or what?
did everyone stick together or did anyone break ranks and torque one out?
Any Lexus caravan is a certain sight to behold. Not too many words can truly describe the experience of riding along with a handful of flowing GSs, SCs, ISs, etc (you have to be there to feel it) When the New England crew caravaned down from CT, we stuck together and drove in a straight line pretty much the rest of the way. We turned some heads too, both at the rest area and on the highway (especially when a couple random Lexus kinda snuck into the pack for a little bit)
Old 04-27-04, 10:00 AM
AltezzaBoy
Driver School Candidate

i remember when we were in the park (not at the lot yet) and this elderly man just stood there while we went past him...his wife had the umbrella and he just stood glancing back and forth looking at Lexus' full line up...kinda looked like this

btw, i put up my video on the other thread
Old 04-27-04, 10:40 AM
LadyGS3
Driver School Candidate

lexusk8 & DGOT20's.....you are welcome for my assistance during the raffle, anytime, just give me a holler! And it's nice to hear a guy realixe the importance of a woman!!!! I really wish we could have had the chance to check out each other's cars, but there will be a next time. And btw, it's Diana.
Old 04-27-04, 01:19 PM
ViKTORiOUS
Rookie

Hey guys, ViKTORiOUS here from MBWorld, just wanted to thank everyone who made Sunday possible. Everyone who coordinated it, my hats off to you, this was a successful meet despite the rain. I did get to meet Derrick, and by the way, Im lovin' your GS! You guys from Club Lexus really know how to throw it down when you come to these meets, when you guys roll, YOU ROLL! I was amazed at how many people from Club Lexus really showed up, jaw dropped when I saw Derrick's caravan roll through on Route 1. Once again, thanks for a memorable meet, possible the largest Tri-Hybrid meet ever, and hopefully we can do this all again in time to come. Though MB attendance was, hmmm shall I say, absent, still had fun looking at all the cars. Wish I could of met some more Lexus and Bimmer guys, but the rain downplayed it. Hope to see you all soon, and make sure you keep ME posted with any Lexus meets you guys having coming up, I'd be more than happy to attend them aswell.

Now who ever said Lexus, BMW, and Benz guys wouldn't get along???

See ya'll soon!

-Vik
MBWorld.org
Old 04-27-04, 02:59 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by ViKTORiOUS
Hey guys, ViKTORiOUS here from MBWorld, just wanted to thank everyone who made Sunday possible. Everyone who coordinated it, my hats off to you, this was a successful meet despite the rain. I did get to meet Derrick, and by the way, Im lovin' your GS!

Now who ever said Lexus, BMW, and Benz guys wouldn't get along???

See ya'll soon!

-Vik
MBWorld.org
Hey Vik, I hope you saw my post over on MBWorld man, you stepped up to plate on the roll call and I appreciate it. I know you have some things coming for the ML, I cant wait, I've always been a fan of your CLK. I'ma PM you my info, the next time I'm in the city I'll holla at 'cha!
Old 04-27-04, 03:40 PM
ViKTORiOUS
Rookie

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hey Vik, I hope you saw my post over on MBWorld man, you stepped up to plate on the roll call and I appreciate it. I know you have some things coming for the ML, I cant wait, I've always been a fan of your CLK. I'ma PM you my info, the next time I'm in the city I'll holla at 'cha!
For sure Derrick, let me know if you guys need help with the next meet in the summer, Id love to help out on the MB side! And next time im in MA, ill hit you up! Thanks for everything man, hope to see you soon!

BTW- You guys on Club Lexus are all great, but during the meet someone in a Black GS were performing burnouts in the parking lot and almost hit my truck, I'm not mad, but please guys, next time be careful, especially when its prohibited and raining.

I also saw a couple MB's flooring it near the raffle area, and I will deal with those who were doing so, just trying to make future meets as safe as possible and keeping the law enforcement out of matters. Hope to see you all soon!

-Vik
Old 04-27-04, 03:46 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

BTW- You guys on Club Lexus are all great, but during the meet someone in a Black GS were performing burnouts in the parking lot and almost hit my truck, I'm not mad, but please guys, next time be careful, especially when its prohibited and raining.
I totally agree man, we noted in the Rules of Conduct, that BURNOUTS WERE NOT ALLOWED. I would hate to organize a meet, and have someones car damaged, or worse yet someone get hit, etc etc because of a burnout or whatever.

Next time around NONE OF THAT STUFF!!

Lets keep it safe and keep law enforcements attention off us!!
Old 04-27-04, 03:59 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOW THAT ONE WASNT ME ...... I SWEAR, NO FOR REAL .
Old 04-27-04, 04:31 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

For sure Derrick, let me know if you guys need help with the next meet in the summer, Id love to help out on the MB side! And next time im in MA, ill hit you up! Thanks for everything man, hope to see you soon!

I also saw a couple MB's flooring it near the raffle area, and I will deal with those who were doing so, just trying to make future meets as safe as possible and keeping the law enforcement out of matters. Hope to see you all soon!

-Vik
As said before, there's always 1 or 2 who have the potential of spoiling it for everyone. So sorry Vik that you had to experience that, but glad no one was hurt and perhaps the fact that you mentioned this incident here and now, will ring a bell in the mind of the person who is itching to burn out in the next meet.

Thank you to EVERYONE who actually were itching inside to do a burnout or donut, but refrained from doing so out of respect for the Rules that were carefully drawn up by Derrick and out of respect for others and their saftey! It's that kind of consideration and respect that makes for successful meets!

Ron

Last edited by MSBoy; 04-27-04 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-27-04, 04:52 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

where are the NY caravan pics, we came thru strong on the highway, there must be some pics out there.
Old 04-27-04, 05:06 PM
Kendu14
Rookie

Smile Good time

Hey guys i had a good time regardless of the rain even though my DAEWOO did'nt win any raffle prizes,
Was good seeing you again Doug and StevieJ.. And also nice meeting you Derrick and Johnny(TLW), and everyone else from CL..
Old 04-27-04, 05:50 PM
ViKTORiOUS
Rookie

Default Re: Good time

Originally posted by Kendu14
Hey guys i had a good time regardless of the rain even though my DAEWOO did'nt win any raffle prizes,
Was good seeing you again Doug and StevieJ.. And also nice meeting you Derrick and Johnny(TLW), and everyone else from CL..
If you're the guy who kept yelling "What about Daewoo!?" You are simply hilarious! Kept me and my friends laughing, its good to make the best of things when the weather was cold and wet, thanks once again for bringing smiles to all of our faces, was a great time! Now where them caravan pics at?!
Old 04-27-04, 07:29 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Daily Details for Edison, NJ for Sun, May 2

Day Night Averages & Records

High:
65°F

Few Showers

Wind:
From the South Southwest at 13 mph

Precip: 30 %

Max. Humidity: 60 %

UV Index: 8 High

Low:
48°F

Partly Cloudy

Wind:
From the Northwest at 6 mph

Precip: 20 %

Max. Humidity: 69 %

Sunrise: 5:55 AM

Sunset: 7:55 PM

Avg. High: 69°F

Avg. Low: 45°F

Record High: 85°F (1992)

Record Low: 31°F (1943)

doesnt look so good dammit

Quick Reply: ~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~