Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

EuroPacific Summer Showoff (aka Lex/BMW/Benz part 2), June 13th 2004

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-04 | 10:49 PM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default Add me to the list. GS300

N/M
Old 05-28-04 | 05:39 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Wow this is growing just like the other meet did. I am so excited and hopefully after 4 hours of driving it doesn't POUR RAIN lol
Old 06-01-04 | 09:52 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Smile DING DING... DING DING!

OK, an update folks...

We have received word that the permit to use FBF for our meet is finally official, so no more worries of political runarounds and what not And please, feel free to invite any of your Lex/BMW/Benz friends and enthusiasts to the meet. We have more parking space than at the last meet.

One other important element to cover here is FOOD, and we coordinators have decided on the following:

The food portion of the meet will be done up picnic-style, and you are free to bring any foods/drinks/sides/appetizers/etc to the meet. That's right, there is NO checklist for the picnic. We feel that not everyone who comes to the meet will get their hands on food and drink (i.e. too busy shootin' the breeze, checkin' out cars). On account of that, we feel it may not sit well with most people if they are obligated to bring certain foods and drinks, and to have numerous leftovers.

Once again, if you are planning to come to the meet, you may feel free to bring however many foods/drinks/etc of your choice. There are picnic tables at the meet, and paper products (of unknown quantity) will be provided by Tom, one of the coordinators.

Feel free to post up what foods/drinks/etc you'll definitely bring.
Old 06-01-04 | 01:44 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: DING DING... DING DING!

Originally posted by lexusk8
OK, an update folks...

We have received word that the permit to use FBF for our meet is finally official, so no more worries of political runarounds and what not And please, feel free to invite any of your Lex/BMW/Benz friends and enthusiasts to the meet. We have more parking space than at the last meet.

One other important element to cover here is FOOD, and we coordinators have decided on the following:

The food portion of the meet will be done up picnic-style, and you are free to bring any foods/drinks/sides/appetizers/etc to the meet. That's right, there is NO checklist for the picnic. We feel that not everyone who comes to the meet will get their hands on food and drink (i.e. too busy shootin' the breeze, checkin' out cars). On account of that, we feel it may not sit well with most people if they are obligated to bring certain foods and drinks, and to have numerous leftovers.

Once again, if you are planning to come to the meet, you may feel free to bring however many foods/drinks/etc of your choice. There are picnic tables at the meet, and paper products (of unknown quantity) will be provided by Tom, one of the coordinators.

Feel free to post up what foods/drinks/etc you'll definitely bring.

ill bring the Molson XXX j/k i have a friend who works for Sabrett hot dogs ill ask see what he can give ??/
Old 06-01-04 | 02:39 PM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Word of advice!!!!
When on Belt Pkwy coming from Verrazano Bridge watch out for construction by Ocean Pkwy and Coney Island EXITs slow down A LOT. The road in that spot will get very rough. If in doubt due to rims, suspension, or drop take Ocean Pkwy EXIT and use service road (drive parallel to highway and don’t take any right turns away from highway). Do not use first 2 entrances as they will put you back in the construction zone. Get back on highway at E14th street entrance.
Old 06-02-04 | 08:42 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by EvgeshaIS300
Word of advice!!!!
When on Belt Pkwy coming from Verrazano Bridge watch out for construction by Ocean Pkwy and Coney Island EXITs slow down A LOT. The road in that spot will get very rough. If in doubt due to rims, suspension, or drop take Ocean Pkwy EXIT and use service road (drive parallel to highway and don’t take any right turns away from highway). Do not use first 2 entrances as they will put you back in the construction zone. Get back on highway at E14th street entrance.
This is a VERY, VERY , VERY GOOD heads up!!! I helped my friend move this weekend and we went that way in the U-Haul truck (not the Bimmer, thank god) and I was incredibly shocked at the condition of that strip of road! Be careful! I would follow Eveshal300's advise and get off and take the service road for a bit then get back on. AVOID THAT STRIP OF ROAD AT ALL COST wheather you have a dropped suspension or not!!!
Old 06-02-04 | 03:44 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Guys, it isn't THAT bad. Everyone does slow down at that area. If it was THAT bad, they would close down that part of the road. If you drive slowly, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 06-02-04 | 04:20 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

NY close down a road! I have seen huge sinkholes in the ground, and the road remained open. Luckily good samritans threw in city garbage cans to warn people!
Old 06-02-04 | 05:13 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

You just have to watch out for the lane shift. If you're on the right lane, after passing one area, all of a sudden you end up in the middle lane. Just pay attention and you'll all be OK.

Oh, I have a set of 97-99 ES floormats I'll be bringing with me. If anyone is interested. They are tan colored

Ed
Old 06-02-04 | 07:00 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb Our 1st sponsor

I'm happy to report that Autovisuals.com will be donating (1) gift certificate good for (1) Autovisuals paint pen, and (1) bottle of Invisible Glass

I'm also happy to say that I'm an Autovisuals pen user, and I'll be happy to do a quick demo of the pen on any Black Onyx car at the meet. Just ask me
Old 06-02-04 | 07:43 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Don't forget to read up the 1st post on the 1st page for all continuous updates. Check out the 'Classifieds' section within the post for interested items to buy.
Old 06-03-04 | 10:16 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default Only 10 days away!

It's time to start rounding out the caravan info for all those travelling from afar. I'll start with mine.

For the CT/MA people, do you guys want to meet up with me at the Danbury Fair Mall in Danbury CT (just like last time at the last meet)? So far, I got Lexis11 (MA), steviej (MA) and Mark (CT) within the group.
Old 06-03-04 | 11:27 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

I'll meet up with you guys in Danbury but we ain't taking that nasty stretch of highway with all the bumps and potholes at the end of 84 ok!!!!!!

I got my Enkeis on and I don't want to take any chances.

steviej
Old 06-03-04 | 11:40 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

For the CT/MA people, do you guys want to meet up with me at the Danbury Fair Mall in Danbury CT (just like last time at the last meet)? So far, I got Lexis11 (MA), steviej (MA) and Mark (CT) within the group.
Yup same time same place. Ah what time again lol?
Old 06-03-04 | 06:11 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

well, i just found out/realized that i had plans on the 13th that i CANT GET OUT OF!!! im SOOOOOOOOOOO upset

Quick Reply: EuroPacific Summer Showoff (aka Lex/BMW/Benz part 2), June 13th 2004