Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

EuroPacific Summer Showoff (aka Lex/BMW/Benz part 2), June 13th 2004

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-04, 08:23 PM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by EvgeshaIS300
Word of advice!!!!
When on Belt Pkwy coming from Verrazano Bridge watch out for construction by Ocean Pkwy and Coney Island EXITs slow down A LOT. The road in that spot will get very rough. If in doubt due to rims, suspension, or drop take Ocean Pkwy EXIT and use service road (drive parallel to highway and don’t take any right turns away from highway). Do not use first 2 entrances as they will put you back in the construction zone. Get back on highway at E14th street entrance.
Originally posted by SC300Es
You just have to watch out for the lane shift. If you're on the right lane, after passing one area, all of a sudden you end up in the middle lane. Just pay attention and you'll all be OK.

Oh, I have a set of 97-99 ES floormats I'll be bringing with me. If anyone is interested. They are tan colored

Ed
UPDATE: they painted lanes. slow down to stay on a safe side.
Old 06-10-04, 09:37 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Default Final Weather Outlook

Things are looking good for the meet guys. As I said earlier, sunny with temps around 72 or so at FBF for Sunday. You can add me to the list, I'm going to try and wash and wax my car before the meet Sunday. My car is in need of a good wash and wax. Look forward to seeing old and new faces. See everyone Sunday
Old 06-11-04, 02:46 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Hey Doug, can you update the list of stuff for sale for me. I will be selling my Lsportline grille and an old MTX 4 channel amplifier for cheap. The grille is $200 and the amp is $100. Thanks pal, see you sunday am.
Old 06-11-04, 07:16 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Default Re: Important updates

Originally posted by lexusk8
- Canaan, thanks for updating Sunday's weather pattern for us; you always come through with your work prior to almost every meet We will decide (by this coming Friday at the latest) whether we should postpone the meet for the rain date (6/27) or not due to weather circumstances.
umm...don't mean to be silly, but i guess we're "officially" on for Sunday?:
heck, CANAAN said he's going. sounds official enough for me.
-d
Old 06-11-04, 07:46 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

sorry, guys, some issues at work have come up that require me to be at the medical center on Sunday. I will not be able to attend the meet, but I will be there in spirit.

Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures.

steviej.

Last edited by steviej; 06-11-04 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-11-04, 08:10 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope everything is okay with you Steve.....I'll see you at the next meet...

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 06-12-04 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-12-04, 02:09 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by steviej
sorry, guys, some issues at work have come up that require me to be at the medical center on Sunday. I will not be able to attend the meet, but I will be there in spirit.

Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures.

steviej.
Stevie, you runnin scared on me cuz of the AL standings as of late? We sure did talk a lot of smack to one another at the last meet... guess that was cuz the BoSox pulled out the broom on us at Yankee Stadium. The standings since than have changed a little. Could this be the real reason why you're not coming?

JK Bro. Sux that you can't make it. WOuld have been nice to actually see you and get some time to look at your car and talk a little this time around, instead of frantically running for cover. Well, we got the whole summer. Don't know if there will be another Lex BMW MB meet again this year, but if you all will let me, I will find my way to one of your Lex meets with the Bimmer and we can kick it then! Till then, take care bro!

Ron

Last edited by MSBoy; 06-12-04 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-12-04, 07:46 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I just received bad news that a friend of the family has passed away so I am not sure if I am going to be able to make it. He was diagnosed with cancer just 2 months ago and his daughter was wed only 6 weeks ago. He was susch a good man. I will let you guys know but it doesn't look too good.
Old 06-12-04, 07:55 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Lexis11
I just received bad news that a friend of the family has passed away so I am not sure if I am going to be able to make it. He was diagnosed with cancer just 2 months ago and his daughter was wed only 6 weeks ago. He was susch a good man. I will let you guys know but it doesn't look too good.
Wow, that's huge man. I am really sorry to hear that. Make that a priority man. If your friends and family need your support on Sunday, be there for them. You will definitly be missed at the meet, but you'd be missing an opportunity to demonstrate your love and support for your people if they need you at that time. That's more important.

Sorry about your loss man. Feel better and take care.
Old 06-12-04, 08:03 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Thanks Ron I really appreciate it. Bad things happen to good people.He was so cool always smiling always saying hello, he was a soccer referee a bball ref and also part of his church. At least he will no longer suffer. Guys if I dont make it please enjoy the day.
Old 06-12-04, 08:54 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Thanks Ron I really appreciate it. Bad things happen to good people.He was so cool always smiling always saying hello, he was a soccer referee a bball ref and also part of his church. At least he will no longer suffer. Guys if I dont make it please enjoy the day.
Life is just so fragile. You can have everytihng going for you with all kinds of plans for the future and tomorrow you can go to the doctor and get the news that you will die in just a few days. Gives us reason for pause and should help us to never take anything for granted and to appreciate life and live it to the fullest everyday! Don't mean to get all philosophical, but I really feel bad and I wish you and your family and friends comfort and peace at this difficult time.
Old 06-12-04, 08:55 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Default The time has again come!

Well, the sequel to our rained-out BMW MB Lexus event is upon us once again. This time around, we're sure to have fantastic weather so this one is a definite go! Just a few quick but important things I want to mention:

1. Rules of conduct will be posted at the facility, but the most important rule is NO BURNOUTS, NO DONUTS, NO SPEEDING ESPECIALLY in the facility! It is a huge facility and I assure you, many will be tempted to speed since the roads are nice and wide and open. RESIST THE TEMPTATION!!! Ignoring this very important rule will result in our meet being dismantled and we will all be sent home. Not to mention, it will make me (the permit holder) look really bad since I assured FBF personnel that all attendees were mature and would adhear to this very important rule. :read:

2. Alcohol WILL be permitted. So feel free to bring beer and such, but PLEASE know your limit and please DO NOT drive intoxicated, even if it is a mild intoxication. If you feel you've exceeded your limit or don't feel comfortable driving, please see myself (Ron) or the other coordinators (Derrick, Doug, Tommy, Vik) and we will make arrangements for you.

3. Please clean up after yourself. I and the other coordinators will likely be the last to leave the facility and will ensure the place looks like it did before we got there. Please help us out by just cleaning up and not throwing wrappers and junk on the floor.

4. Finally, have FUN! I am really amped about this one! The weather is gonna be MINT and from the look of the roll-calls on all the forums involved, we're gonna have an INCREDIBLE turnout, just like the last time! What's even more exciting is the Mercedes camp is repping very big this time! They are gonna come in big numbers and it will be sweet to see the SL500s and the different varieties of 55s that are coming for sure! I am really looking forward to seeing all of you there! See you tomorrow!

Last edited by MSBoy; 06-12-04 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-12-04, 09:30 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear this man

was looking forward to playing some hold em

but theres is always a next time good luck

-johnny
Old 06-12-04, 11:11 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kendu i got your message but deleteed by mistake

call me again thanks if not we have to meet at gsp

at 11am

or just give me your add again in a pm

later

johnny

till tomoorow .....off to a graduation party
Old 06-13-04, 06:07 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Wake up everyone!

Sunshine forecast for today: Check
Clean, black Lex: Check
Camera, cell phone, CL stickers, etc.: Check
Enthusiasm for another CL meet: Checkmate

Use my number here: (203) 482-6247. I will be sticking around Danbury Mall until 10:15 for anyone who shows up, then heading down to FBF.

Quick Reply: EuroPacific Summer Showoff (aka Lex/BMW/Benz part 2), June 13th 2004