Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-04, 01:55 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What jobs can be handed out to help make this happen ???
Old 12-01-04, 07:34 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Those two specific boards are run by members who were banned from ClubLexus for good reason. If somebody else cares to post them up there that's fine. I personally will not involve myself with them.
Im not familar with the members you are refering to. but i agree, we want this to be a professional and respectfull event. Becuase of the large scale, is there any need for security? i mean its gonna be known by many about the event. and we can't trust EVERYONE who we don't know.

Just a thought

J
Old 12-06-04, 10:00 PM
LexFather

DC is the place, August is the time.

Last edited by LexFather; 12-06-04 at 11:11 PM.

Old 12-06-04, 10:02 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by T.L.W.
Here is the map again.

Old 12-06-04, 10:21 PM
LexFather

http://www.is300.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3108898
The IS. Net thread I started. SELOC will be there

Old 12-06-04, 10:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Okay, now I think it is very important we pick a city where there is a solid member or two and even better is a core is there. That is why D.C is tough right now. I think I've seen one person in this thread from D.C.
If we make this a yearly thing, we can possibly switch cities. It is December already

By the end of the month, we need to decide what city is chosen. In Jan, we will have assignments for members to make this a success. If the meet is in May/June this gives us ample time to plan our vacation time, mods etc
Mike,

When I say DC is a generalization for Northern VA, DC, Southern MD and even Baltimore areas. We have a very large core of members from that area but also Philly, NYC are reasonabily easy interstate trips down 95 to get there. Done it many times myself when I lived in the area.

TSF_PJ, Verylost, Wino_ii have all posted in this thread on the meet from the area. Wino II can definitely line up a big IS crew from the DC area (similar to SRT meets) to come to this thing.

Edit: Of those that filled in the 'state' when registerig on CL (about 40% I'd guess)
About 1,600 from VA
About 750 from Maryland
About 75 from DC

Not all these are from the NOVA etc area, but its a very sizeable chunk of folks in immediate states.

I'm waiting for the folks at Team Lexus to get back to me with some more info, but if you want to look for alternate locations have at it . I'm flexible and just want the best location where we'll get the most people.

I was thinking probably early August (shift date of Dragon) pending race and start of school schedules. June is nasty in DC from humidty standpoint.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-06-04 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-06-04, 11:11 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Mike,

When I say DC is a generalization for Northern VA, DC, Southern MD and even Baltimore areas. We have a very large core of members from that area but also Philly, NYC are reasonabily easy interstate trips down 95 to get there. Done it many times myself when I lived in the area.

TSF_PJ, Verylost, Wino_ii have all posted in this thread on the meet from the area. Wino II can definitely line up a big IS crew from the DC area (similar to SRT meets) to come to this thing.

Edit: Of those that filled in the 'state' when registerig on CL (about 40% I'd guess)
About 1,600 from VA
About 750 from Maryland
About 75 from DC

Not all these are from the NOVA etc area, but its a very sizeable chunk of folks in immediate states.

I'm waiting for the folks at Team Lexus to get back to me with some more info, but if you want to look for alternate locations have at it . I'm flexible and just want the best location where we'll get the most people.

I was thinking probably early August (shift date of Dragon) pending race and start of school schedules. June is nasty in DC from humidty standpoint.
Gotcha, sorry, I totally lost this thread. So this is what we have.
1. City, Washington D.C,
2. Month, August.

Then we can move a month early on assignments. I'll come up with a list this week for us here.

Old 12-06-04, 11:59 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

I'm still here. Let me know what needs to be done and where i can lend a helping hand...
Old 12-07-04, 06:26 AM
Wino_ii
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys. My suggestion is that if this is going to be a weekend thing with lots of guys from out of town...we're going to need to get a hotel lined up with good parking and a conference room. If I can get a date, I will line this up but I need a date(s)/weekend, whatever...
Old 12-07-04, 08:59 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by Wino_ii
Hey guys. My suggestion is that if this is going to be a weekend thing with lots of guys from out of town...we're going to need to get a hotel lined up with good parking and a conference room. If I can get a date, I will line this up but I need a date(s)/weekend, whatever...
I'll have a date for you by months end. Thanks

Map of Washington
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...TG6n0hEHE%253d

Last edited by LexFather; 12-07-04 at 05:48 PM.

Old 12-07-04, 05:50 PM
LexFather

Here are a few tips to get you started: The District of Columbia is 67 square miles and is divided into 4 quadrants: Northwest, Southwest, Northeast and Southeast. The US Capitol building marks the center where the quadrants meet. Numbered streets run north and south. Lettered streets run east and west (there are no J, X, Y, or Z streets), alphabetically becoming two syllable names, then 3-syllable names as you travel out farther from the center. Avenues named for US States run diagonally, often meeting at traffic circles and squares.

Old 12-07-04, 06:01 PM
Redline814
Driver School Candidate

Background: I have lived in the Washington DC area for 31+ years.

I have a few suggestions...

DO NOT HAVE THIS EVENT IN WASHINGTON DC!
We will have many lowered cars and cars that have low profile tires at this event. DC has poorly maintained roads and awful traffic. Hotel's in DC will cost a fortune vs one in the DC suburbs. Almost all of the hotels in DC make you park in an underground garage. I cannot get into most of those due to my lowered car.

I suggest we bring it out of downtown DC. Perhaps a spot like McLean, VA (22102). It is off of a major road and where interstates have access. Traffic will be better (not great to the small town folks, but better for this area). You can get a hotel for a cheaper price. There will more parking and in a safe area. Parking for 100+ cars will be key for an event like this. The Metro is close by, should any folks want to wander into DC without their IS (ie: family that is along for the ride). If they want to see DC in their IS, we should put together a "ride to DC" tour.

For you (or your) ladies...I forgot to mention there are 2 huge malls side-by-side in McLean...lol.
Old 12-07-04, 06:05 PM
Redline814
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Here are a few tips to get you started: The District of Columbia is 67 square miles and is divided into 4 quadrants: Northwest, Southwest, Northeast and Southeast. The US Capitol building marks the center where the quadrants meet. Numbered streets run north and south. Lettered streets run east and west (there are no J, X, Y, or Z streets), alphabetically becoming two syllable names, then 3-syllable names as you travel out farther from the center. Avenues named for US States run diagonally, often meeting at traffic circles and squares.
Heads-up...
The best choice is Northwest. South east/west DC in general is not the place to park or drive your Lexus
Old 12-07-04, 06:09 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by Redline814
Background: I have lived in the Washington DC area for 31+ years.

I have a few suggestions...

DO NOT HAVE THIS EVENT IN WASHINGTON DC!
We will have many lowered cars and cars that have low profile tires at this event. DC has poorly maintained roads and awful traffic. Hotel's in DC will cost a fortune vs one in the DC suburbs. Almost all of the hotels in DC make you park in an underground garage. I cannot get into most of those due to my lowered car.

I suggest we bring it out of downtown DC. Perhaps a spot like McLean, VA (22102). It is off of a major road and where interstates have access. Traffic will be better (not great to the small town folks, but better for this area). You can get a hotel for a cheaper price. There will more parking and in a safe area. Parking for 100+ cars will be key for an event like this. The Metro is close by, should any folks want to wander into DC without their IS (ie: family that is along for the ride). If they want to see DC in their IS, we should put together a "ride to DC" tour.

For you (or your) ladies...I forgot to mention there are 2 huge malls side-by-side in McLean...lol.
Thanks dude.

Last edited by LexFather; 12-07-04 at 06:14 PM.

Old 12-07-04, 06:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Thanks Redline, definitely good advice. I've lived in the area, Annapolis last (worked in downtown and made the lovely trip up NY Avenue every day) so I hear what you're saying.

For now we're using "DC" for the general area. Most likely venues are the Team Lexus facility in MD and possibly MIR right now, but don't want to count on them or count other good ideas out at this point.

Welcome your participation and local help! Thanks for joining

Quick Reply: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?