Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 10:50 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought, Sandy Point State park is just down the road from Lexus of Annapolis. Picnic area along the Chesapeake Bay. Good for pictures. Plenty of Parking. Maybe head down to Capital Raceway for quarter mileing towards evening.
Old 02-16-05, 05:41 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Just some more thoughts....there are plenty of hotels/motels on either side of the Bay Bridge that are situated along the water. Plenty of places to eat and try some maryland crab cakes. Red Eyes dock bar to embibe a few.....
Old 02-16-05, 06:44 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by sc430blue
Just some more thoughts....there are plenty of hotels/motels on either side of the Bay Bridge that are situated along the water. Plenty of places to eat and try some maryland crab cakes. Red Eyes dock bar to embibe a few.....
This should be the best and biggest Lexus meet ever!!!!
Old 02-16-05, 06:46 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Johnny,

We can't do the date as a vote quite yet - I need to coordinate it with Team Lexus and their race schedule and shop availability. I've got a call with Chuck (lead driver from Team Lexus) on Monday to talk about some details and promotion.
Hi Dave, any update on this?
Old 02-16-05, 10:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Chuck from Team Lexus and I just spoke briefly are going to reconnect on Friday - he's meeting with Lexus Corp folks today / tomorrow.

We should have the date nailed then and I'll have some more input from him about some of his ideas on how Team Lexus can host and make this a special event. I'll be going up to the area in late April to check the location out and make sure it'll accomidate a group our size.

I'm hoping we can get Lexus corporate support as well as local dealerships to participate in our meet (in addition to other vendors for raffles, demos, etc).

If folks have connections for magazines you think might want to cover the event, please PM me.
Old 02-20-05, 02:29 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Dave,

I'm psyched to hear that Team Lexus is interested in coordinating and helping to organize this meet. I think this will certainly help promote the event more confidently with dealerships, parts suppliers, vendors, aftermarket tuners, etc. Please keep us posted on updates with Team Lexus.

I should also mention that February will be over soon, and by that time, it will be roughly 6 months until our presupposed date for the meet, which is held in August (just referring back from prior posts in this thread). Although 6 months may seem far away, we must take advantage of the time on hand and gather all the event essentials together. This includes all or most of the following:

- Location (Dave mentioned the Team Lexus facility in MD, or the MD International Raceway). ki_soarer brought up the Lexus of Annapolis dealership

- Hotel accommodations (wherever the final decision for the location dictates)
- Plan for visit with SRT facility
- Food and entertainment options (the fun doesn't stop after the sun sets!)
- 1/4-mile track runs (on MIR or Capitol Raceway?)
- Photography opps (at a park, beach, places with great landmarks, etc.)
- Media coverage (radio station, local TV station, wheel magazines, Lexus magazine)

So before we get ahead of ourselves, we must have the following fundamentals firmly answered (I already posted this up somewhere in the beginning of this thread but I want to bring this up for everyone's attention again). In order to promote this event properly to whomever, these questions must be answered :
(1) What is the official name of our event?
(2) What is the purpose of this event?
(3) Who is invited? (I think we know the answer to that one)
(4) What is the capacity of the event?
(5) What time and date is the event?
(6) Where is the event held?
(7) What is required to bring to the event?
Old 02-22-05, 05:28 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Since I live in the area, here are my thoughts. The team lexus facility is in Baltimore. This location would provide photo ops (the inner harbor) and plenty of accomodations. Parking for a large group may be limited. The night life is great as well. A trip to SRT and any 1/4 mile facilities would be time consuming.

Lexus of Annapolis has limited parking. Sandy Point state park is located on the water and provides swimming and barbcues and plenty of parking. Annapolis is a beautiful place to visit and has a nice night life as well but parking is limited in the historic district. Capital raceway is approx 1/2 hr away and SRT is 20 mins away. Plenty of places to stay. My suggestion would be to have people stay on the eastern shore side of the bay bridge which provide low cost waterfront stays and has some interesting bars.

I'm not very familiar with the accomodations at Maryland International. I just know is is located in a remote area and travel to points of interest would be lengthy.

There is a popular strip mall down the street from Capital Speedway in Crofton. It provide plenty of parking and has some popular bars and eateries. I believe there is a sleep inn at the strip mall. Photo ops limited to the raceway and mall. SRT is about 20 mins away.
Old 02-22-05, 07:18 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Everything is looking good so far.. Did yall know that I bought my 1st car from Lexus of Annapolis..of course not....lol...anyway count me in...Let me know if yall need some sort of help Im about 1hr 45 mins away from Annapolis..and orginally from Baltimore...
Old 02-22-05, 03:48 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure if you know or not, but lexus of annapolis is knocking down the building on the left to make room for more cars. this should be done soon, if it hasent started already. they told me that they would be comfortable with about 300, but they need more details. i grew up in stevensville... right over the bridge. all my friends still live there.
Old 02-22-05, 03:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Spoke with Chuck G from Team Lexus briefly today (he was in line in the groc store lol)... Hopefully he and I can connect tomorrow and lock the date. I left him a followup voicemail with details on the dates in August we're targeting. If Team Lexus is taking a 1 year break as I've heard, this might be easier to schedule than before.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-22-05 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 04:01 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Great job Dave hopefully we can get the time and date locked and figure out the rest real soon
Old 02-28-05, 04:05 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just now tuning in on this and am all kinds of fired up about it!! It seems like you guys have a pretty good handle on the planning aspect but I wanted to offer my help if its needed since I live near the host area. Oh as far as hotels near Maryland International Raceway goes, I always stay in Waldorf about 20 minutes away when I plan on going to NOPI there. I am looking forward to this so if there is some sort of e-mail list or something like that please let me know where to sign up?

Mark
Fredericksburg, VA
Old 02-28-05, 05:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Since this is bumped up thought I'd give a quick update that I'm playing phone / voicemail tag every other day with the Team Lexus guys. Sorry its taking so long.

I'm going to just send a email that Chuck can respond to rather than trying to fit into both of our crazy schedules.
Old 03-01-05, 12:35 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Automan
I'm just now tuning in on this and am all kinds of fired up about it!! It seems like you guys have a pretty good handle on the planning aspect but I wanted to offer my help if its needed since I live near the host area. Oh as far as hotels near Maryland International Raceway goes, I always stay in Waldorf about 20 minutes away when I plan on going to NOPI there. I am looking forward to this so if there is some sort of e-mail list or something like that please let me know where to sign up?

Mark
Fredericksburg, VA
Yes, there will be a website for this with an automated sign up once we decide on a data and finalize on an official name for the event (domain name that is).

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Since this is bumped up thought I'd give a quick update that I'm playing phone / voicemail tag every other day with the Team Lexus guys. Sorry its taking so long.

I'm going to just send a email that Chuck can respond to rather than trying to fit into both of our crazy schedules.
Thanks for the update Dave! We are all looking forward to this grand event!
Old 03-08-05, 03:08 PM
LexFather

Check this out

http://www.nopionline.com/promo/nissan_nats_page.cfm

Quick Reply: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?