Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 03:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Mike, you want to contact our friends at NOPI to see if they want to get involved? That would definitely help with coordination of judging,etc
Old 03-08-05, 04:19 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like that is just what we need!! good find!
Old 03-08-05, 04:23 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Mike, you want to contact our friends at NOPI to see if they want to get involved? That would definitely help with coordination of judging,etc
Coolbeans................

Old 03-08-05, 07:31 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG!! that would be great!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-05, 07:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Fill me in guys, what is the excitement about regarding what you posted 1Sick?

I know I am clueless.......
Old 03-08-05, 07:42 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Hameed
Fill me in guys, what is the excitement about regarding what you posted 1Sick?

I know I am clueless.......
Nopi is one of the largest organizers of import car events (see pics of the one in Atlanta - that's the biggie). If they're involved with sponsoring a Nissan-specific meet, they might get involved with ours as well. Would help with all sorts of stuff from vendors to judging.

Update while I'm here - sent very detailed email to Team Lexus to nail the date, have given up on the phone tag.

Mike - if you get a change catch me on SELOC or call before reaching out to Nopiman
Old 03-09-05, 12:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

THE DATE IS CONFIRMED WITH TEAM LEXUS!

We're now in touch with the Team Lexus marketing folks who are going to work with us on promotion, sponsors and planning.

August 19, 20, and 21 sound like a great weekend to have this event.
Team Lexus has no other pending engagements that weekend.

If the main event is held on Saturday August 20, I believe that our
facility can hold 200 cars around our building.
Please mark your calendars now! Tentative timeline for your travel planning:

Friday August 19:
Travel and arrivals for those out of town. Registration at hotel tbd. Informal group dinner for those that want to attend. Meet & greet a nearby bar or hotel through evening

Saturday August 20:
Early AM: Breakfast on your own. Wash cars & prep for meet. Potential detail/product clinics. Travel for semi-local members doing a day-trip to the meet.
Group events starting 10:30AM at Team Lexus Facility, potentially ending elsewhere
More details on events, vendors, sponsors, raffles, media coverage, video shoot, competitions, logistics to be posted

Sunday August 21:
Informal breakfast for those that want to attend
Parking lot show & shine
Potential group events (once we see signup and interest, we'll determine if we do formal events.)
Travel back to home cities

More to come guys, please hold tight a few more days while we nail down a couple more of the big details. We'll have a hosted website courtesy of Hameed / Prudens Consulting with automated signup and most all the logistical FAQs documented. Something similar to our Lexus Dragon meet site www.lexusdragon.com

If you are planning to bring your family and would be interested in a shuttle / guided tour for them to take of the downtown DC mall / museum area while our Saturday meet is going on, please post here letting me know of your interest. If we get enough families that want to do this, we could possibly charter a tour van/bus from the hotel for those family members who would not want to attend a full day Lexus event .
Old 03-09-05, 01:03 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks for the clarification on the NOPI stuff!

Great news on the event!!!! Thanks Dave for all your persistence with Team Lexus trying to get this together!

U DA MAN!!!!!!

I might be interested in the family outing thing as I am sure my wife will get bored at an all day Lexus event.

We need to decide on a domain name for the event so that I can register it and get the site up asap.

Apparently we cannot have "Lexus" in the name. Corporate Lexus will frown on us.

Last edited by Hameed; 03-09-05 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-09-05, 01:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Yep, I'll be in touch with you shortly on the website for this meet and a couple of updates to the Dragon.

If we have enough interest for the bus, I will probably ask folks that are planning to use it to commit and make a deposit so we can reserve our trip with one of the area tour travel companies like Tourmobile or Landmark.
Old 03-09-05, 01:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
THE DATE IS CONFIRMED WITH TEAM LEXUS!

We're now in touch with the Team Lexus marketing folks who are going to work with us on promotion, sponsors and planning.

Please mark your calendars now! Tentative timeline for your travel planning:

Friday August 19:
Travel and arrivals for those out of town. Registration at hotel tbd. Informal group dinner for those that want to attend. Meet & greet a nearby bar or hotel through evening

Saturday August 20:
Early AM: Breakfast on your own. Wash cars & prep for meet. Potential detail/product clinics. Travel for semi-local members doing a day-trip to the meet.
Group events starting 10:30AM at Team Lexus Facility, potentially ending elsewhere
More details on events, vendors, sponsors, raffles, media coverage, video shoot, competitions, logistics to be posted

Sunday August 21:
Informal breakfast for those that want to attend
Parking lot show & shine
Potential group events (once we see signup and interest, we'll determine if we do formal events.)
Travel back to home cities

More to come guys, please hold tight a few more days while we nail down a couple more of the big details. We'll have a hosted website courtesy of Hameed / Prudens Consulting with automated signup and most all the logistical FAQs documented. Something similar to our Lexus Dragon meet site www.lexusdragon.com

If you are planning to bring your family and would be interested in a shuttle / guided tour for them to take of the downtown DC mall / museum area while our Saturday meet is going on, please post here letting me know of your interest. If we get enough families that want to do this, we could possibly charter a tour van/bus from the hotel for those family members who would not want to attend a full day Lexus event .
DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNN!!! Way to go Dave

Old 03-09-05, 01:34 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

date sounds great now where is it again? and as far as name mayb something like "Lex Fest" mayb we can name it "ECLF.com" east coast lex fest.
Old 03-09-05, 01:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by bluelex
date sounds great now where is it again? and as far as name mayb something like "Lex Fest" mayb we can name it "ECLF.com" east coast lex fest.
Getting exact location of Team Lexus facility now, and hopefully some photos. I think they are between Baltimore and DC.
Old 03-09-05, 01:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

BTW, I got a label printer for Christmas this year just for this event. I know everyone hates 'hello my name is' badges, but I'm going to get them setup for everyone who attends based on registration so we can put a screenname to a face.

Also will let us know who in the event isn't part of our group if they haven't registered..
Old 03-09-05, 01:50 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by bluelex
I like EastCoastLexFest.com. Good name Blu!
Old 03-09-05, 01:56 PM
LexFather

Dave since you have posted the new info with dates, should we start a new thread with that info? This one is what 17 pages?

Quick Reply: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?