Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-04, 01:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Don't forget that you guys are also welcome to join us next month (Aug 20 / 21) in the mountains at the Dragon - TN / NC border THIS year

It's a bit of a drive, but we've got folks coming up from Florida for it too. Lots of FI cars

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=119753

www.lexusdragon.com
Old 07-23-04, 03:08 PM
LexFather

I was going to say Charlotte, since DAVEGS4 and some Clublexus/SELOC members are there already. As stated, it would help tremendously to have it where we have someone or people that really want to make this meet happen. I checked out some VA Beach sites last night and it seems like a great place.

I love the idea of splitting responsibilites to different groups.
If it's a weekend event, just having a meet won't do. Maybe a track day as well?

Or how about we have our Lexus meet one day, say Saturday and for those that stay Sunday, we crash a MULTI-CAR meet?

Just throwing things out there. If we could get 100+ Lexus out there, that would be

Plus, Eastcoast>Westcoast

Last edited by LexFather; 07-23-04 at 03:09 PM.

Old 07-23-04, 05:14 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm...2005...i'd be dropped with new shoes by then. wifey says she'd love to
visit her brother in Charlotte. that would work for me.
-d.
Old 07-24-04, 06:22 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ya maybe one day we have a meet and the other day we have a track day or multi car meet or something of that nature. I am willing to help plan and coordinate if you need me to.
Where is lexforlife he is very interested in this meet.
Old 07-25-04, 11:03 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

man i have been wanting something like this 2 happen 4 so long......i think we can do it...mayb make it an anual thing. ok lets walk b4 we run....i like the idea of virginia beach 4 mayb fall of 2005 spring is bad cuz of spring break and summer will b hard cuz of tourist so mayb early fall would b perfect, like say late august or early sept....i'm down , thats all i know. and it will have 2 b a weekend event cuz noone is going 2 drive up and leave the next day... an all eastcoast meet would b insane.....i can imagine the type of coverage we could create 4 this....lets do it......
Old 07-25-04, 11:22 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

This is a meet I would want to apart of and I would help in anyway possible..This would be huge and like blue said the coverage we would get would be amazing..Fall of 2005

Last edited by johnee78; 01-17-05 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-25-04, 02:17 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

Im kinda bias in this vote. I wanna throw Washington DC in the mix. Its pretty central. There is lots to do up here to. Plenty of nice hotels in the Northern VA/DC/MD area. You have 2 drag strips within 1 hour or so. Maybe dyno day? (SRT is right outside of dc). Night time entertainment (Clubs/Restraunts). I dont know much about it, but ive seen some events up at FedEx Field. Maybe we could look into renting out a parking lot for an autoX/car show kinda thing. Not to mention Washington DC monuments make great backdrops to have photoshoots . Distance wise we are talking here...My roomate at school is from vermont (upper) and its about a 10 hour drive. Orlando to DC is about 12 hours. Charlotte is about 6 hours. Outer Banks about 8 hours. NYC about 5 hours. I just wanted to throw that out there, but regardless i will def try to make it out!

Last edited by TSF_PJ; 07-25-04 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-25-04, 03:37 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, this would be HUGE... im sooooooooo down for something like this. i hope we can make it happen!!
Old 08-05-04, 12:29 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

this is a logistical nightmare waiting to happen.

here is my load down on the situation.

We will need many months of planning
I say March or April of next year, March will be cheaper than April.

We first select a location, pick the hotels and elect the event coordinator (must be in the area where the meet will take place)
The event coordinator will select a place that will hold all the cars, find out local events and work out the parking lot logistics etc. etc.

There should be a place where we can do a long drive (no racing on the streets please)

We should select or take proven volunteers who were successful in setting up meets.
1 rep from each region (same way how the forums are divided)

Once we have a location set, we should also contact Lexus/Toyota and see if they are willing to participate and offer sponsorships, also XM satellite radio and local radio stations etc etc. (work out a standard sales pitch and help them cover some of the costs of the hotel and stuff)

this just to start... you people want to do it? I'm sure there are many that are willing to help out.
Old 08-05-04, 12:34 PM
nk1983
Lead Lap

im down for whatever...by then my car will bo MUCH different.. and i might be another stock 1uz dynoing at 210 (uhm VSsc400 uhm). Ill do absolutely whatever I can and i think april sounds good. we hafta make the reservations as quick as possible in order to kill on the rates. long drive area is a must as is a SECURE area...we'll take sleep shifts to watch the cars.. .. maybe somewhere on the coast? id like a beach type setting.. but umm whoever is NY/NJ rep I will be glad to help as much as i can in assisting as much as i can...or maybe I can be Central/upstate NY rep. in case anyone is fresh out of jail and wants to come.
but yea guys its a good idea to get the ball rolling...
Old 08-05-04, 01:51 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sick, dave, any news? we should really get a start on planning this 2 make it happen. i think we can...i think we can
Old 08-05-04, 02:35 PM
LexFather

I am sure Dave and I will discuss during the Tail of the Dragon run. Efforts right now are prioritized on that Clublexus event. But this thread is the begining of HISTORY....

And I'll have my new whatever by then too.

Old 08-05-04, 05:08 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

i have a thought about the timing; March is still a little early to slap the good shoes
on up north. April is more likely. i'd hate to slap new shoes on and then go playing
out in the snow. snow may also hinder people heading south. heck, it wasn't long
ago that we had snow in April.
-d.
Old 08-05-04, 05:18 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by ddarbs55
i have a thought about the timing; March is still a little early to slap the good shoes
on up north. April is more likely. i'd hate to slap new shoes on and then go playing
out in the snow. snow may also hinder people heading south. heck, it wasn't long
ago that we had snow in April.
-d.
Old 08-06-04, 05:42 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Although I'm located in Connecticut, I will most certainly assist in organizing or planning this event. I will look at other familar car clubs (i.e. Audiworld, 6speedonline, Maxima.org, etc.) and see how they have planned similar events in the past. You know how it is guys... once someone brings up an event idea/suggestion, it's not going away!

Quick Reply: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?