Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-04, 05:46 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lexusk8
Although I'm located in Connecticut, I will most certainly assist in organizing or planning this event. I will look at other familar car clubs (i.e. Audiworld, 6speedonline, Maxima.org, etc.) and see how they have planned similar events in the past. You know how it is guys... once someone brings up an event idea/suggestion, it's not going away!
I think this is an event in size and magnitude unreplicated and unpresidented by any car club... maybe exception of the NOPI nationals...
Old 08-06-04, 01:35 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as we get enough advanced notice, it would definitely be doable.

count me in!
Old 08-11-04, 12:15 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

DC is not a bad spot to host this event...VA Beach or Virginia is also good as it seems to be borderline for North/South...Im down an will be a part of the event..
Old 08-22-04, 10:57 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

fedex field in washington DC sounds good. its about in the middle. i have a connection with an employee of XM satilite radio in baltimore, MD. let me know if we get a location and a date set and ill give him a call. this will definately be a historical event.

Old 08-25-04, 06:17 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Add another newbie to the list!!!!! I'm sooo down for something like this!!!

Old 08-25-04, 08:31 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by ki_soarer
fedex field in washington DC sounds good. its about in the middle. i have a connection with an employee of XM satilite radio in baltimore, MD. let me know if we get a location and a date set and ill give him a call. this will definately be a historical event.

Could you explain what fedex field is? I am assuming it is large.

As stated, it would be GREAT if we did choose somewhere where we had a Clublexus member or 2 there as a guide, though we never had a problem with Dave leading us at the Dragon in Tennessee.

We need to plan something all weekend long, not just a meet. This will entice more people to come.

So we threw up;
D.C
Charlotte
Virginia Beach

So far...

Old 08-25-04, 12:41 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

we could no doubt get some sort of group buy on hotel rooms.

i vote for a beach... it would double as a nice vacation!
Old 08-25-04, 12:43 PM
nk1983
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by adidas1532
we could no doubt get some sort of group buy on hotel rooms.

i vote for a beach... it would double as a nice vacation!

i second that ! va beach maybe? ill probably have a new car by then...stay tuned..
Old 08-25-04, 12:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

After giving it some thought, I'm leaning towards the DC area. We want to make this event as BIG as possible and by picking a spot that doesn't have a big 'core' group of members we handicap ourselves from the get-go. Pick a core city like the DC/Nova/MD area and we have a ready-made base of 50+ people to get things started and planned, plus more local dealers and vendors to help support the event.
Old 08-25-04, 01:19 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DaveGS4
After giving it some thought, I'm leaning towards the DC area. We want to make this event as BIG as possible and by picking a spot that doesn't have a big 'core' group of members we handicap ourselves from the get-go. Pick a core city like the DC/Nova/MD area and we have a ready-made base of 50+ people to get things started and planned, plus more local dealers and vendors to help support the event.
Ever give Baltimore a thought? I'm not too far from MD myself so I'd be happy to help.
Old 08-25-04, 02:38 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by DaveGS4
WERD . Can someone post a nice map of the East Coast so we can visualize the drive...If we choose D.C maybe give estimated times from large cities...I think Atlanta maybe 9 or 10 hours.

Old 08-25-04, 03:53 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Fed Ex field is where the football Washington Redskins play right? thats would b great cuz its a place noone can miss but than again what do they have 2 offer but a parking lot?...i agree that it should b in an area where we have loads of members already from cuz they can help with local hotels and vendors mayb. we really should 2 make it an all weekend type deal so people can drive, sleep, hang, sleep and drive back home....lots of fun and lots of time 2 rest b4 leaving...it probably a 15 hours away from middle florida,

Last edited by bluelex; 08-25-04 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-25-04, 04:13 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Last edited by T.L.W.; 08-25-04 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-25-04, 04:17 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

address 4 FedEx field in case anyone wants 2 know...

.Fedex Field 301-276-6248
1600 Raljon Rd, Landover, MD 20785 US
Old 08-26-04, 06:21 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

That's a great map reference T.L.W. Looking at the map, I'm positive that this event could certainly attract people from as far as Chicago, St. Louis and Memphis. I agree that making this a 2-day weekend event w/ quality hotel accommodations would make the long drives to the event well worth it

Quick Reply: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?