Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-04, 05:15 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dave you made some great points however the issue is not trying to please one region over the other but to make the trip equal for all .. i would like to see maybe 8-10hrs for everyone but if not possible ohh well
Yes unfortunatley we will not be able to please everyone which stinks but like Dave said I think DC/Bmore has the most members in one centralized location in the middle of the coast.Does that make any sense lol.

We should defenitley put up a poll to see who is serious about this and when is the best time to do it.
Old 11-21-04, 05:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife
dave , now you know we cant keep up with that beast of yours but its a though none the less.. do you think we could make it up the ramp on the auto train
Crank up the coils, lol! Not sure if it'll clear or not. They say four inches of clearance, would use that as a starting point. Maybe get somebody from Orlando to roll down and check it out / ask one of the Amtrack car handlers to comment.
Old 11-21-04, 05:43 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Is this Baltimore, MD?

If it is Baltimore MD, COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!.

Mid-September would be problem for me as both of my kids will be in school then. End of August would be perfect though!

Total Est. Time: 8 hours, 26 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 537.86 miles

This sounds too good to be true.......... I tried doing a search on DC Baltimore and it would not allow me to do that search in Mapquest.
Can someone please answer this question for me?
Old 11-21-04, 06:01 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, baltimore, Maryland. if that was your question.

Last edited by ki_soarer; 11-21-04 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-22-04, 09:44 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

this is going to b a weekend event so i guess if we need to drive an extra 4 hours from the 10 we hoped for its ok since we don't need to drive back the same day. i'm going to borrow my brothers trailor and one of his trucks to go up. i would love it to b in sept but like hameed said people with kids or people who r in school might not b able to make it. but if we have more members who could make it in sept and not in august than we need to try to get poll going to see when is a perfect date rain or shine. but i guess we really need to find a location b4 we start looking for a date right?

Last edited by bluelex; 11-22-04 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-22-04, 09:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by bluelex
this is going to b a weekend event so i guess if we need to drive an extra 4 hours from the 10 we hoped for its ok since we don't need to drive back the same day. i'm going to borrow my brothers trailor and one of his trucks to go up. i would love it to b in sept but like hameed said people with kids or people who r in school might not b able to make it. but if we have more members who could make it in sept and not in august than we need to try to get poll going to see when is a perfect date rain or shine. but i guess we really need to find a location b4 we start looking for a date right?
Exactly, I've got to do a little digging and coordinate with Chuck from Team Lexus on their race schedule to get all our options down. I also emailed him to ask if he has any hookups on track reservations. Hopefully I'll get a little quiet time from work this week to get all those nailed, them put up a poll and link in all the forums, plus annoucement.
Old 11-22-04, 09:59 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Exactly, I've got to do a little digging and coordinate with Chuck from Team Lexus on their race schedule to get all our options down. I also emailed him to ask if he has any hookups on track reservations. Hopefully I'll get a little quiet time from work this week to get all those nailed, them put up a poll and link in all the forums, plus annoucement.
right, i was just going to say mayb we should do an anoucement or sticky on all forums cuz a lot of people don't come into the notheast forum.

2nd thing u said b4 was if we can't get all the south guys to come and only the diehards show than we could always get a meet going between GA and FL and at a show in say Jacksonville or someplace like that or Atlanta...plus we already have the biggest place to meet in the south with Nopi in Atlanta. so this should b a place more fair to the central and north east guys so we could all meet.
Old 11-22-04, 12:53 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for you down south guys

where would the 10 hour drive end up....what state or major city
Old 11-22-04, 01:00 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess I should say this right now for everyone here...

We should strongly consider a selection of organizers/planners who will be able to cover different facets of the meet. This includes one who is in charge of seeking and communicating with local sponsors/vendors, one keeping in tabs with a Lexus dealership sponsor, one overseeing the finance charges involved with the event, representatives for the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, and so forth.
Old 11-22-04, 01:03 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by lexusk8

We should strongly consider a selection of organizers/planners who will be able to cover different facets of the meet. This includes one who is in charge of seeking and communicating with local sponsors/vendors, one keeping in tabs with a Lexus dealership sponsor, one overseeing the finance charges involved with the event, representatives for the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, and so forth.
Anything I can do, I am happily volunteering right now!

I don't know what to role to volunteer for, so anyone has a suggestion let me know. Thanks!
Old 11-22-04, 01:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by T.L.W.
for you down south guys

where would the 10 hour drive end up....what state or major city
It's almost 11 hours from Miami just to get to Atlanta according to Mapquest. Of course on a drive of that distance you can make up some serious time by pushing the envelope on the speed limit for some of our more daring members.

Some Atlanta Driving distances to other cities

Augusta, Maine: 1330 miles
Baltimore, Maryland: 650 miles
Birmingham, Alabama: 150 miles
Boston, Massachusetts: 1110 miles
Buffalo, New York: 910 miles
Charleston, South Carolina: 290 miles
Charleston, West Virginia: 500 miles
Charlotte, North Carolina: 240 miles
Chicago, Illinois: 710 miles
Cleveland, Ohio: 730 miles
Columbia, South Carolina: 210 miles
Columbus, Ohio: 590 miles
Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas: 820 miles
Des Moines, Iowa: 960 miles
Detroit, Michigan: 730 miles
El Paso, Texas: 1440 miles
Hartford, Connecticut: 960 miles
Houston, Texas: 790 miles
Indianapolis, Indiana: 530 miles
Jackson, Mississippi: 400 miles
Jacksonville, Florida: 310 miles
Little Rock, Arkansas: 550 miles
Louisville, Kentucky: 420 miles
Memphis, Tennessee: 380 miles
Miami, Florida: 660 miles
Milwaukee, Wisconsin: 800 miles
Minneapolis, Minnesota: 1120 miles
Nashville, Tennessee: 250 miles
New Orleans, Louisiana: 480 miles
New York City, New York: 850 miles
Norfolk, Virginia: 560 miles
Omaha, Nebraska: 1010 miles
Orlando, Florida: 430 miles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 750 miles
Phoenix, Arizona: 1830 miles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: 680 miles
St Louis, Missouri: 570 miles
Washington, DC: 620 miles
Old 11-22-04, 01:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by lexusk8

Good idea, I've been thinking the same thing myself.
Old 11-22-04, 02:04 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

dave

looking at the list of milage , it seem to me that atlanta would be pretty central for the masses

i see ny is 800 miles and miami about 600+ and everywhere else pretty equal
Old 11-22-04, 02:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by lexforlife
dave

looking at the list of milage , it seem to me that atlanta would be pretty central for the masses

i see ny is 800 miles and miami about 600+ and everywhere else pretty equal
As I've said several times before, NY is not as far north as we want this meet to be. IMO we'll easily lose 3 to 4 times the number of folks participating from PA, NY and north with an 800 mile drive than we will from the gain of the addition of some the far south FL folks.

Keep in mind I'm not recommending DC because it's personally better for me.... Atlanta is definitely closer and I know the core group of members there a lot better. I'm pushing for DC because I think its the best solution for the biggest meet we can put together.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-22-04 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-22-04, 02:45 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

just messin with ya dave ,, i took one last desparate shot but i do understand your point of view.. i will contact autotrain and get more details about clearance but most of those i have spoken with will not venture that far but hey ya never know right

Originally posted by DaveGS4
As I've said several times before, NY is not as far north as we want this meet to be. IMO we'll easily lose 3 to 4 times the number of folks participating from PA, NY and north with an 800 mile drive than we will from the gain of the addition of some the far south FL folks.

Keep in mind I'm not recommending DC because it's personally better for me.... Atlanta is definitely closer and I know the core group of members there a lot better. I'm pushing for DC because I think its the best solution for the biggest meet we can put together.

Quick Reply: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?