Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

T.L.W.'s BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-04, 02:46 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by ddarbs55
p

Hey, JOHNNY - i would be a very bad boy if i didn't mention your very nice lady. she's a pretty
lady and just as nice a personality as well.
-d.
thanks Dave

she says thank you very much

she enjoyed meeting all of you

going to have to talk her in to trading her Honda Accord for a Lexus
Old 08-02-04, 05:43 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice pics it looks like everbody had a good time man i wish i was there
Old 08-02-04, 07:22 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Wink My turn to say thanks..

I certainly can't thank our good man Johnny (T.L.W.) enough for inviting all of us Lexus and non-Lexus owners to his wonderful home for a good old-fashioned BBQ this past Sunday, sharing some funny stories and laughs, taking in the beers and Gatorade, and most of all having an awesome day with our fellow CL members! Johnny, your hospitality speaks volumes for the kind of CL member you are, and we're all appreciative of that, believe me

I also want to say thanks to those (D-MAN, ddarbs55, Capt Bone, etc.) who have taken notice of my black ES and complimented its cleanliness and absence of swirl marks. I'll tell you one thing... try parking your black car outside uncovered for 365 days a year and keeping it clean almost every day/week. It's a hard process, no question, but if I can do it, anyone can!

For the Lexus count, we had 9 GS, 6 SC300/400, 1 LS, 1 ES and 1 SC430, and for the non-Lexus count, 1 BMW E36 M3 (engine sounds much louder than a modded Lex engine) In total, we had 19 cars at a CL member's house BBQ gathering. Not a bad turnout at all, I must say

Some special shout-outs to include:

* nk1983... I'm very glad to have met you for the first time, and I still can't get over the fact that you drove 4-5 hrs (from Syracuse) to come down and hang with us. That sincerely shows true dedication of being a Lexus owner and enthusiast. Looking fwd to seeing and hearing your sound and video clips soon, and a new body color on your LS.
* Captain Bone and VSsc400... CL moderators unite! Definitely cool to see you again Dennis, and glad that you (Anthony) and Stella took the time from your busy schedule to come up and join us. Your iForged looks so right on your black GS, plus the Tein coilovers
* D-MAN63... So we finally got a chance to see each other for real at a meet, and it couldn't have been a more appropriate location too. I must say, Andy, that you got one of the smoothest finishes on a GS, and you must be right that it's all about the Zaino magic. I'll have to think about getting my hands on some Zaino in the near future (as soon as I'm thru with my Meguiar's stash)
* One HoT SC400 and the Brooklyn/Queens crew... You guys are a true staple in almost every NY/NJ meet, and you guys always show that the classy Lexus SC300/400 never dies from our eyes. Although you didn't outnumber the GS's this time hehe, we never doubt your great showing, and the number will keep on rising in every meet thereafter. Keep up the good work fellas!
* DGOT20s and Stefwilli... As always, your burnished gold GS is a spectacular stunner, and it shows Stefan, always a great time and a pleasure to have you at the meet (even though you didn't bring the LS). You gotta get that dude Rob with the red '97 ES to come up to the next meet; definitely interested in seeing what he's done so far to it.

Like the others, I also took pictures at the meet (and I eliminated some of the duplicates already seen in this thread), so here are some of mine to follow. Enjoy, and another one of Johnny's BBQs is seen not far into the future!

-Doug
Old 08-02-04, 07:29 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default 1st set

As we're rolling from the Palisades Mall to Johnny's house...

MagusFuria's SC430

lexusk8 and nk1983's LS (w/ 19" Axis)

The host's GS (love the wood trim and Blitz exhaust!)
Old 08-02-04, 07:37 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2nd set

One HoT's SC4 never fails to amaze me..

White SC3 owner w/ aftermarket HID's on:

Sleeper97, this is the cleanest red SC300/400 I've ever seen!
Old 08-02-04, 07:46 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default 3rd set

Captain Bone's black GS w/ iForged

How many GS's can fit in Johnny's driveway?

JiffyPop's GS w/ new Tein coilovers (really makes a night-day difference, I'm sure)

D-MAN's Zaino'ed GS (I love the black on black grille, looks classy on the silver body)

varcity's GS

HotBlue's GS (parked behind Capt Bone's. Enjoyed your detailing tips bro)
Old 08-02-04, 07:51 PM
nk1983
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My turn to say thanks..

Originally posted by lexusk8
I e:

* nk1983... I'm very glad to have met you for the first time, and I still can't get over the fact that you drove 4-5 hrs (from Syracuse) to come down and hang with us. That sincerely shows true dedication of being a Lexus owner and enthusiast. Looking fwd to seeing and hearing your sound and video clips soon, and a new body color on your LS.

-Doug
Hey doug!...it was nice to finally meet you..thanks for going thru the trubl of arranging the caravan and calling me etc. and thanks for applying the CL sticker..ive noticed much ,more low end torque and ive shaved at leats a couple seconds off of my 1/4 mile! props on having the cleanest ES around.,.youre quite the detailing guru
Old 08-02-04, 07:54 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default 4th set

Lexus Street?

Just a glimpse of our BBQ backyard gathering. The burgers, hot dogs and London broil were excellent! Thanks for being chefs for the day, nk1983 and Yankees Diva

All of us took a break from the BBQ and headed over to an empty parking lot not far from Johnny's house, and we did our own version of a photoshoot. Here are the SC's I've captured:

Old 08-02-04, 07:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Looks like a great time! Hope you guys didn't break too much stuff in Johnny's house
Old 08-02-04, 08:01 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default 5th and last set

Onto the GS's (isn't that what everyone's waiting for anyways?)

Last one (ddarbs55, the only Cinnabar GS rep at the meet. A rare color indeed, keep her looking shiny!)

Thanks again guys,
Doug
Old 08-02-04, 08:09 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Doug thank you for all your help setting this up and making it happen

and the kind words

and the great pics

when's the next meet

johnny

Last edited by T.L.W.; 08-02-04 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-02-04, 10:32 PM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default Sorry I couldn't make it guys, still trying to work

out some problems with my GS. Looks like it was an excellent turn out and some nice looking rides. Hopefully my car will be ready for the next meet.
Later:Jose
Old 08-02-04, 11:04 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

We need more pics, I can't get enough. Great pics guys.
Old 08-03-04, 12:51 AM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey D did you see how many heads we turned withe the SC caravan??? especially at the toll plaza... that was funny
Old 08-03-04, 06:57 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

haha i didnt even know you got that picture lexusk8 ! it was def a good time. jonny if more people show up your going to have to tell your neighbors to move somewhere else. lol !! - u guys might not have noticed but when we were all out there and popping hoods and taking picture thats when the cars that were riding by started slowing down and alot of his neighbors decided to take a stroll up and down his block---hmm intersting. even a cop came by you know he really had nothing to say just wanted to check out the cars! but jonny played him off nice.

~ lexusk8 it was awsome meeting you as well.

~ Johnny cant wait for the next meet! me you and nk1983 will plan the menu and make sure you have spices! lol thanks again for having us.

~ Stella

PS to all of you who didnt come and say looks like a great time.... COME to the next one. the more the merrier!
its nice putting a face to screename.

Quick Reply: T.L.W.'s BBQ