Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Beige SC Southbound on Taconic Parkway - 8/9 - DaizenLex?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-04, 08:47 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beige SC Southbound on Taconic Parkway - 8/9 - DaizenLex?

I figured I might get a little bit more exposure here than the regional forums. Mods, maybe you can leave it here for a day or so.

I was heading upstate for work on the Taconic and noticed a really clean beige SC on the other side of the parkway at about 1:20. I only got a glimpse of the car but from what I remember it closely resembled DaizenLex's car. Was that you?
Old 08-11-04, 11:47 AM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Yes it was me, was i riding slow or was it my abrupt 120mph speed?
Old 08-11-04, 01:25 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Thought so. Nah you weren't going fast at all. And I'm pretty sure you know already but you definitely don't want to get caught doing a buck twenty on the Taconic, it's one big speed trap

Car was looking real good though
Old 08-11-04, 02:32 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

thanks buddy, speed trap lol, its crazy they have units on top of overpasses now and then a few more units in the distance so if your caught speeding the guy on the overpass radios ahead and then youre screwed ,they even had units waiting at some exits, theyre going all out.
Old 08-11-04, 03:00 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Technics
Thought so. Nah you weren't going fast at all. And I'm pretty sure you know already but you definitely don't want to get caught doing a buck twenty on the Taconic, it's one big speed trap

Car was looking real good though
just found that out

doing 81 in a 55 but right before was doing about 120

my girlfriend told me but i dont listen
Old 08-11-04, 04:58 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

to tell you the truth i dont get pulled over in the lex that much, i got pulled over like crazy when i had my Acura Legend coupe, i think its like guys that drive ferraris and porsche's dont get pulled over that much either...
Old 08-12-04, 09:20 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by T.L.W.
just found that out

doing 81 in a 55 but right before was doing about 120

my girlfriend told me but i dont listen
Did you get bagged on the Taconic? Man you're lucky they didn't get you at 120, or that nice blue GS would be impounded.

I learned my lesson on the Taconic Parkway, three times to be exact
Old 08-12-04, 09:48 AM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what did the cop tell you "you wanna go to jail or you wanna go home" ....... lol. J/k your right it is a Speed Trap like the cops dont have better things to do like go fight crime
Old 08-13-04, 05:14 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

I was on the Taconic a couple of weeks ago for a short trip from Red Hook to Millbrook. I hadn't been on that road for 25 years since I lived in Albany and would use it as a more relaxed way to NYC. Anyway, it seems to me that the surface and joints in the road have gotten real rough and, what with the speed traps, it might not be worth the effort. Next time I'll likely stay with 9W or the Thruway. It sure is a pretty ride though.

George
Old 08-13-04, 05:35 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by Carpe Diem
I was on the Taconic a couple of weeks ago for a short trip from Red Hook to Millbrook. I hadn't been on that road for 25 years since I lived in Albany and would use it as a more relaxed way to NYC. Anyway, it seems to me that the surface and joints in the road have gotten real rough and, what with the speed traps, it might not be worth the effort. Next time I'll likely stay with 9W or the Thruway. It sure is a pretty ride though.

George
I agree that it's a nice road to take to go up and down Albany. I usually take the Taconic whenever I go up to Albany (to visit friends). I don't mind the 55 mph limit; it's pretty scenic as you go further and further up north. Wintertime is an awesome time to drive along the Taconic as you can see miles of snow-covered fields from different directions, almost like being in a snow desert Gotta bring the camera up next time I drive up there.
Old 08-13-04, 05:58 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Yes, tooling along on a sunny Saturday at 55 with the top down and the scenery was great. But the tramlining!!!! wow, you've got to keep a firm hand on the wheel.

George
Old 08-13-04, 08:27 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by abboushi
what did the cop tell you "you wanna go to jail or you wanna go home" ....... lol. J/k your right it is a Speed Trap like the cops dont have better things to do like go fight crime
LOL, man.

Actually no, that's exactly what he said.

Last edited by Technics; 08-13-04 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-13-04, 08:33 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Carpe Diem

George
The Taconic is pretty rough, especially this one particular hilly section. I pratically know it by heart and slow down before I reach it. The SC takes quite a beating at times. I use the Taconic primarily when I need to get from Queens to Albany for work related issues. Tolls are a little bit cheaper - I pay about $4.30.
Old 08-13-04, 08:37 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lexusk8
I agree that it's a nice road to take to go up and down Albany. I usually take the Taconic whenever I go up to Albany (to visit friends). I don't mind the 55 mph limit; it's pretty scenic as you go further and further up north. Wintertime is an awesome time to drive along the Taconic as you can see miles of snow-covered fields from different directions, almost like being in a snow desert Gotta bring the camera up next time I drive up there.
The Taconic does have some very nice scenery. I'm at work now but when I get back home I'll see if I can dig up and post my feeble attempts at capturing some of that scenery.
Old 08-13-04, 08:56 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by Technics
I use the Taconic primarily when I need to get from Queens to Albany for work related issues. Tolls are a little bit cheaper - I pay about $4.30.
Damn bro, that's a long *** commute! How long is the drive? I don't think I can tolerate more than an hour's worth of commute to work. Your SC must be rackin' up them miles big time

Quick Reply: Beige SC Southbound on Taconic Parkway - 8/9 - DaizenLex?